1.3K views

I am with another reviewer. I want to get it off my computer; because I also was deceived into thinking it was part of Mozilla/Firefox.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I AM PISSED I hope there is someone out there that can give advice on how to remove it. My next step will be to contact Mozilla/Firefox to find out what they can do. I hope this has not screwed up my computer for good.

This whole deceptive thing is BS and needs to have some anti virus/malicious software company to figure out how to stop this type of thing happening. I have an active program but it let it through (WOOT) when I purchased this computer. Is it a piece of junk?

Does anyone out there have an answer for that too. That was pushed by Best Buy.

Reason of review: I did not ask for it - deception.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I hated that thing! I didn't know what was going on until I googled it.

I uninstalled firefox and then readded and that worked.

Good luck. What a PITA!!

My granddaughter plays games on my tablet and all of a sudden it was there and screwed up everything. Had to go go using Google.

How to delete? Anyone know?

And how did it appear? Needless to say, granddaughter no longer touches my tablet.

Hi Guys , we got rid of calacom on our homepage by going to options>homepages>an extension controls your home page box shows> disable and it gets your homepage back to what it was before Calacom invaded it .

to Bambam #1397354

to Bambam #1398144

hi, Bambam: can you tell me where you find options? I'm lost--couldn't find it in finder or on firefox.... thank you.

to Bambam #1398214

Thanks so much. It worked.

to Bambam #1398889

Thank you so much...that program was super annoying!!

to Bambam #1408969

I have looked through my firefox options and "an extension controls your home page box" is not there. my firefox version is 57.0.2 this is so obnoxious.

I uninstalled Mozilla/Firefox and it was gone.

Then I the reloaded it Mozilla/Firefox and it was back.

NOW I AM GOING TO MOZILLA/FIREFOX FOR A RESPONSE. I WILL POST IT WHEN/IF I HEAR BACK.

Right now I am using a different Browser

Same problem. Never heard of it but one day it attached itself to Firefox with a note that said something like "if you are seeing this page ", then went on to explain why. I don't remember the exact wording but it's been on my computer and opening every time I open Firefox since.

to Frustrated #1402148

This is exactly what happened to me. Clicked on Mozilla Firefox and BAM!

There was Calacom. Called the number shown at the bottom but no reply.

Tried everything to get rid of it. How did this infiltrate to my computer?

I have the same problem... All of a sudden after one of the many Firefox updates??...

I can't get rid of it. I tried to but am at my ability's end. Frankly, I don't know what it is!

It opens every time I open a new tab on my Firefox desktop. I don't want it, didn't ask for it.