Do not buy Anderson Windows or go through Home Depot

We purchased windows through Home Depot with a warranty. A window needed to be replaced, we notified Home Depot, gave them all the information including the file number, size and type of window.

Home Depot told us to go directly to Anderson Windows so we did the same with Anderson Windows gave file number, type and size so Anderson Windows sent a contractor out who never came into the house from the outside told us it was not an Anderson Window and they knew that because they do not even sell that type of window.

Anderson Windows charged us anyway even though it was their mistake to send someone and Home Depot claims they can do nothing either. So we, as the consumer are not only responsible to pay but have spent hours of our time meeting with contractors and on the phone only to get people who do not care.

Read

If it is an Andersen window there will be an Andersen logo etched into the corner of the glass. Have you checked for Aneresen's or any other logo etched on the glass?

Service
Window Replacement
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Review #1098077 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1098077.

Angies List - Replacement Review

4 years ago I stupidly went on Angies List to find a contractor to replace ONE window. I chose 3 to get bids.

All of them turned out to be 60 to 100 miles away from where I lived. The quotes were 500 to 1,000 dollars higher than the final price I paid. Since that time I have received at least 2,000 unsolicited phone calls for every kind of home repair you can think of. I can't get my name removed from the list.

Some of the same companies have called me 50 to 100 times. Be warned....NEVER SIGN UP FOR ANGIES LIST, you will NEVER get rid of the calls.

Read
Service
Window Replacement
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Review #956250 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer956250.