Bedwetting can happen as a result of one or more of the following:

Inability to wake from sleep at the signal of a need to empty the bladder

Low night time levels of the hormone vasopressin, which results in the production of more urine overnight than their bladder can hold

An overactive bladder (OAB): This results in the bladder wanting to empty before it is completely full - often giving the child little or no warning

Constipation: The retained stool presses on the bladder reducing its capacity and affects its ability to store urine overnight

A urinary tract infection (UTI): An infection can irritate the bladder and make it want to empty more frequently

Anxiety and stress: This is often the cause of 'secondary bedwetting' which happens after the child has had a long period of being dry (at least 6 months)

Small bladder size: A small sized bladder will not have the capacity to store urine for the 10-12 hours the child is asleep

Inherited tendency to wet at night: We know for example that if one parent had a problem with bedwetting then there is approximately a 40% risk of any children also having a problem and that risk may increase if both parents had a bedwetting problem.

Had an Experience with Other Company?

Comments

London, England, United Kingdom #641940

you got an gel?

Other Company - Review in Other category Other Company "I was meeting a person who claimed to be a worker there to buy an item off of let go from there I figured hey its a public place and..." Read more Other Company - Crazy guy in altamonte springs. Other Company "Beware of crazy males in Orlando and altamonte springs. I was driving to Whole Foods and rightfully making a right hand turn. A mentally ill male decided to walk across..." Read more Other Company - Paul Liguori Jacksonville, Florida Felony Theft renting me a room in a house he did not own and evicted from Other Company "Warning to anyone who comes in contact with Paul Liguori from Jacksonville, Florida. I was a victim of a Craigslist rental scam and felony theft on April 12, 2017. Paul..." Read more Other Company - William P. Cleary is making these posts Other Company "http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/William_Cleary_5557871/ He is making fake posts about me and attacking my family on this site. He was just released from Prison and his evil wrath continues. Both him and his..." Read more Trobbles to get my package at FedEx Fedex "Fedex disappeared with my package I was at an academic congress and I got a business book as a gift. This company sent me the FedEx book and emailed me..." Read more Woofgang Bakery And Grooming Fleming Island - Poor Customer Service, Privacy Information Violation, Harrassment Woofgang Bakery And Grooming Fleming Island "I had purchased a harness from Woofgang Bakery on the 4th of September 2017 (few days prior to Hurricane Irma). My family and I were forced to evacuate Middleburg Florida..." Read more DON'T RENT FROM AMERICAN HOMES 4 RENT! American Homes 4 Rent "Rented from AH4R for two years (2015-2017) IN Powder Springs, GA and they are horrible to deal with. Your rent is going up every year without fail and they are..." Read more Rodan and Fields - BEST on the market! Rodan and Fields "Totally worth the investment. Use sparingly and you won't have any issues. If you're having problems, you're using too much. One swipe at night. It's so easy. My eyelashes have..." Read more