DHgate - avoid at all costs!!

Long story short: I ordered a dress, received it, it had a stain on it. I messaged the seller and after back and forth they agreed to refund the item.

I sent it to the address provided, which turned out to be incorrect (even though it was in the original package as the "from" address), so the package came back to me and meanwhile DHgate closed the whole order, even though I send it back to the seller right away! I can see in the post office tracking system that the seller has received the item, however I haven't heard from them since and haven't received my money back either. They are clearly hiding from me as any reliable person would refund in any case. Dhgate is no longer replying to my emails and I am absolutely furious how this can happen, and how they can't help the customer by blocking the seller until they have refunded, or something?

The bottom line is that the item WAS DAMAGED in the first place and now I'm left with no dress, nor my money!!

I sincerely hope everyone will try to avoid this "service" as best as they can because I feel, and actually I am, ROBBED. By the way, the seller is Songjia668, do NOT use them.

Tirkku

BTW, I never received any refund for this and the seller never replied to me. I would have expected to get, at least, the dress back, that I paid for. Please avoid this site as it will rob you and is a big fat scam.I guess I'm only left with wishing bad karma to the people who robbed me!

Hi Tirkku,

Please provide us your order number and login email address. That way, we can check the status of your order and we can provide the correct resolution to your concern.

@Dhgate2014

This is the typical response so the public thinks dhgate are good to go...AVOID!!!! USE AT YOR OWN RISK!!!!!

View more comments (2)
Wedding Dress
Cons
That they stole my money
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund
Review #1131766 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Davids Bridal - My wedding dress experience

2.8

I wish i read all those reviews before I made this mistake by purchasing my wedding dress from David's bridal. It was horrible, frustrating and disappointing experience for me.

I ordered the dress online and when i received it, it was sample uncleaned dress and not brand new one. The package was not in a good condition. The dress only was in 2 transparent plastic bag in the box (no garment bag) or anything. I contacted customer service, the lady was very nice she told me to return it and re buy but it.

She offered a discount because i bought it during promotion and free expedite shipping. When i received the receipt it showed that I got the discount but no free shipping.

The dress delivered today, brand new but without garment bag. It looks so cheep.

Bad quality
Review #1130891 is a subjective opinion of poster.

DHGate company customer service is awful.

2.6

I ordered a wedding dress and need to return it because it is about 3 sizes too small. I cannot find out how to reach anyone by phone or e.mail to return it within 10 days.

Also the dress quality is not what it appeared to be on the photo. All I want is a dress I can fit into and I can alter it with new lace to look much better. I am willing to pay shipping ,but for my $100 plus dollars I need something I can work with.

How do I talk to someone?!!! Please help me

Hi,

Wedding Dress
Cons
Too hard to get customer service
Full refund
Review #1125039 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1125039.

Ca Dresses - Amazing Dress - well made

4.8

I was surprised at how well made this dress was. I had the top altered to be a different style, which made me a little extra nervous, but I couldn't have asked for a better turnout - especially at this price!

My "custom" measurements were a bit off, but I'm a weird size anyway so I don't mind. I expected I would need a bit of alterations, and I really don't need much.

The train of this dress is a bit longer than I had expected, but still lovely. If you're thinking of this dress, or this site for that matter, take a chance and I'm sure you'll be happily surprised!

Wedding Dress
Pros
Quick reply, Good quality
Good quality
Review #1117079 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Dhgate - Wedding dress

1.3

This my first time buying my wedding dress online, I saw a very beautiful dress on Dhgate website. I order and paid for the dress.

Within a month my partner received the dress while I was on holiday. As soon as I got home, opened the package, The dress I paid for, was not the dress I received. Everything was wrong with the dress. I rang customer service to complain, they asked me to contact the seller.

I have contacted the seller to demand my money back, The keep insisting that they sewed the dress according to the one I ordered when I send both dresses, the one they sewed and the one ordered, both dresses looked so different. The seller responded was, Check with a tailor and let me know how much it will cost and they will send some money to do the dress, so I checked with a tailor and told the seller the amount, He stop communicating with me. I complain about the dress to the customer service, They keep saying, give us between 12/48 hours to contact the seller, I am still waiting, it's been 3 days and still waiting. And my wedding is on the 30/09/2017.

I am so depressed as I do not know where to turn.

I need to buy a New dress as soon as possible. All I am asking for is my money so as to buy a new dress.

Hi Cathy5!

Wedding Dress
Pros
Conflicting, Dispute policy
Cons
Feeling let down, Fraudulent business practices, Some items are not the same as those being represented
Full refund
Review #1104554 is a subjective opinion of poster.

DHGATE = Scam!! Never get refund

1.5

We bought a wedding dress from DHGATE. It arrived and was horrendous with one sleeve coming out of the hip!

Quality was extremely poor! Tried to get a refund... Have since found out seller steals images off legitimate sites and sells poor copies. DHGATE does nothing about this despite policy saying they will.

We have been waiting 6 months for a refund for a counterfeit poor quality product. We are now blocked from DHGATE online chat after spending 115 hours providing evidence and being told our refund is coming please give us a few days!! We have sent emails to over 15 different email addresses DHGATE provide only to get .... no response!

Have written 150+ reviews on DHGATE - hopefully stops one other person getting scammed by this dodgy company! If you are reading this and even thinking about DHGATE DON'T!!!!!

Our order number is #249213240. There is no way I am giving you login email address on a public forum.

We tried to raise complaint within 48hours of product arrival.

Your dumb site does not let you include images which means you can not raise complaint.

DHGATE has been made aware seller is selling fraudulent products (DHGATE policy they should be fined)

We should receive full refund.

Your online chat says don't worry DHGATE sort it out, Your message DHGATE says don't worry DHGATE sort it out...You wait till after period where we can charge back on credit card and then you block us on facebook, online chat and fail to return any DHGATE messages or respond to emails other than to say sorry for our inconvenience and hope for our understanding!.

YOU ARE A SCAM!

I repeat we want a full refund AND proof you have actually fined this seller - who by the way continues to sell only counterfeit products because every image on their page is taken directly from original producers websites! DHGATE you should be ashamed of your non existent customer service and the fact that you continue to let this person trade on your site and as such completely trash your reputation.

Customer Service Center

DHgate.com

View more comments (1)
Wedding Dress
Cons
Being constantly lied to by customer service
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund
Review #1094025 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1094025.

Aliexpress - HORRIBLE!!

2.3

I bought a beautiful wedding dress off of this site. But when it got delivered unfortunately the dress did not fit and one of the jewels was missing.

There were pink marker stains on the front of the dress where it looked like they marked it to pin it or something. Definitley did not look like the picture they had posted on their website. When i went to open a dispute it said i had to wait 10 from the day it shipped. So after the 11th day its still saying the same thing.

But if you go to confirm you recieved the item you cannot open a dispute?? What kind of place is this?? I cannot get a hold of anybody at this place and when i go online i cant chat with a customer service rep to explain my situation.

I am one pissed customer. I never would of thought i would have this much trouble returning an item back.

Wedding Dress
Cons
Customer service, Company is a fraud
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #1091195 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Attireify Com - Attireify Reviews is good

5.0

Dress is very good, we really like it, fit good enough - a little tight, but all look good. It was perfect.

I changed it to the length I wanted, it looked absolutely amazing. Like the picture as beautiful. I will definitely buy from here again.What a beautiful dress. She made us so proud.

Elegance and grace personified. The dress was very well made, especially for the price. Thank you! Dress is very good, we really like it, fit good enough - a little tight, but all look good.

It was perfect. I changed it to the length I wanted, it looked absolutely amazing. Like the picture as beautiful. I will definitely buy from here again.What a beautiful dress.

She made us so proud. Elegance and grace personified.

The dress was very well made, especially for the price. Thank you!

Good quality
Review #1085285 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Featured

Dhgate - Very bad quality wedding dress.. never again

In June 9th , I ordered the wedding dress as you can see in the phonto, i was shocked of what I received: 1. Dress looks nothing like the photo I chose.

2. Not enough petticoat. 3. The flowers & pearls scattered all along the dress started falling as they were glued not stitched to the dress !!!!

Thats why all dry cleaner refused to wash my dress. 4.

I sent them a message saying the the pearls are falling and the answe was ( see screenshot) I had to buy another one locally as I have no time to my wedding. This experience is Waist of time and money

Hi Hana23!

Please open a dispute to request for a return and refund for your order.

Here's how you can open a dispute for your order:

1) Click "My DHgate " on the upper right corner of the page.

2) Click Awaiting Confirm".

3) Find the Order number and click the link "Return&Refund" at the right side of the order.

4) Select the correct reason for dispute, evidences, preferred proposal then click CONTINUE. 5. Once you finalize your proposal, click SUBMIT.

If the problem is not resolved through direct communication between you and seller, or if you don't get a response from the seller, you may request for DHgate Mediation after 5 days that you have clicked on "Return & Refund" link and then we will assign a person from Resolution Center to take care of your case. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link and choose online chat: https://goo.gl/hvEzdN or send email to: customersupport@DHgate.com Regards, Riane Customer Service Center DHgate.com

Bad quality
Review #1083410 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1083410.

Dhgate - Disaster my wedding dress was awful cheaply made

Ordered my dress was sent a size 12 need size 6. It was cheaply made.

Spoke with them several times through site as well as my personal Text. The said they would change the size if I paid a fee. They told me the dress had already been sent which was not the case. They new the size I needed well in advance but chose not to do anything about.

Top part of dress would not lay right was cut higher on one side then the other & beading fell off every time you moved. My wedding was ruined because of this as well as wedding photos. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY. Your dress will be a disaster.

They so long in shipping it I didn't have to purchase another dress from a decent bridal shop.

I had 2 days to try & have it altered to try salvage to salvage my wedding dress. It was horrible!!!!

Hi!

Turkey, North Carolina
Bad quality
Review #1079497 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1079497.