Extended warranty is bogus do not rent from Aarons

They offered us an extended warranty on a washing machine was suppose to be good for a year it tore up in September we called from september the date it tore up they finally came and looked at it the end of november we just got a call today and the manager states oh the warranty ran out in November which is not true its supposed to be good until January and now want us to pay half to fix it i explained we have been calling since september to have it fixed my parents are disabled and have been good customers and then get treated this way so in return i will be on youtube all news channels and all public podcast by Wednesday people pay alot of money to arrons they should abide by what they claim

LuckyDogCares
Aarons Verified Representative

Hello, Oh No, This is very unfortunate. We want to help as much as possible by looking futher into this.

Can you please email at myexpereience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this resolved! -Kala

FlamboyantTuatara
I liked
Employees that run this business will make it go under
I didn’t like
Horrible customer service, Outright lied, Store management, Words that came out of the mouth of a managers mouth
Warranty issue
Review #1420054 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - Worst Experience Ever

After almost 20 years, this has by far been the worst experience ever. Service called placed on Oct 13 for service to the washer.

After waiting 5-7 days for one part - I was told the part was never ordered and they were not willing to expedite to make up for their mistake. I wait another 5-7 days and find that 2 parts are needed, but only one was ordered; so guess who has to wait another 5-7 days? Still not willing to expedite the delivery of the order. Daily phone calls to confirm the order was placed and each call increased my suspicions and concerns - never got the same response from any 2 people.

This is completely unacceptable - its been 30 days since initial notification and this issue is not even close to being resolved!

Serious disconnect between the parts department and customer service. When calling phone and wait time exceed 1 hour!

EsteemedSeaUrchin368
I didn’t like
Not being problem solvers, Inability to provide clear expectations for resolution
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1399456 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Horrible Service - Do Not Use

This company, from my understanding is a small privately owned business and has only 1 employee - the owner. This individual was the worst business owner I have ever dealt with.

I contacted him to fix my washer. I paid him in full in February of 2018. He scheduled dates to come and fix the washer, which I accommodated to his schedule and took off of work for, just to be cancelled on last minute. The lack of communication was unbelievable.

It took him till May to complete the job and the entire time my washer was unusable. He then mentioned giving me a $100 refund for all of the issues and how long it took to complete the job. After the job was done, he left my basement a mess and left the old washer part for me to discard, which was a large part and difficult for me to carry up the stairs.

He has yet to reimburse me the $100 and I recently talked to him on the phone and he was nothing but rude and downright horrible. I would never ever recommend this business to anyone.

Order processing issue
Review #1367295 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1367295.

American Home Shield - Complaint

I have been waiting six (6) weeks for the resolution to the problem with my washer. First I was told that it needed a timer.

Timer had to be ordered and when it came . Technician claimed it was defected. New one ordered and was not the solution. Tech.

now says it's transmission. Transmission parts came and was to be installed today and again no show. You can look forward to a non renewal of my contract and a word to the BBB Shocked Sad I would not recommend this warranty service to anyone.it takes a minimum of forty minutes to get thru to speak to an agent and then the results are not satisfactory. I suggest that anyone interested in this company.

BEWARE!! Sad Sad

Read

What is the BBB going to do about it? That’s a complaint forum, just like this one.

There are so many complaints against ALL the home warranties, but does that stop anyone from buying a policy? No!

The customers line up like zombies to get ripped off, and then complain when they try to use the policy. Just because you want to believe you can get a lot in return for a little, doesn’t make it so.

UnsteadyTibetan Mastiff
I didn’t like
Being displaced for over a week and no end in sight, Some subpar contractors
Work Experience or Job Application
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1346646 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Residential Warranty - Not the service I expected!

My washing machine broke down completely. I called the company and a Local repairman was sent to repair the unit. However once the company submitted the request it was denied by ARW!

Never less they wanted to offer me a settlement in the amount of 430.00! Which in no way would replace my unit!

I had to spend sometimes over a hour for Customer Service to answer my call!

Then I was referred to another dept that handled claims and then to another that handles adjusting!

To make matters worst, then the final blow was the terms and conditions! I explained that I never received them via email and the customer service guy wanted to lecture me on saving the trees! I explained that What happened to the hard copy via regular mail!

The adjuster person was not understanding at all!

I inquired about the replacement policy, they offered a top load unit which was no where the LG front loading unit that I Had before!

Not happy with this company and will be submitting a special FB page for their service!

WF White 832 443 8906

ARWCustomerCare
American Residential Warranty Verified Representative

Hi HF, Our records indicate you spoke to a member of our customer care team and we were able to come to an amicable resolution. Please contact us if we can be of further assistance. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

@ARWCustomerCare

Thanks, It took a while however we came to a solution. I would like to thank AHW for the solution to the issue.

LateTang628
Warranty issue
Review #1305879 is a subjective opinion of poster.

First American Home Warranty - I feel everyone here that gave this Russian Bot company a 1 start, if -0 was available thats what I would give

When I purchased my home, I was given warranty for the house by the seller.

I have had many issues but had the contractor take care of all the problems so I never really used them for anything.

I had issues with my washing machine and ice maker, so I decided to try them out and see if they are worth anything. I have had home warranty before, and at best they sucked.

When they picked up I could hear the Russian accent; now they could be from Ukraine also or elsewhere. They sent a technician with a Russian accent. He quickly looked over the fridge and said the ice maker is off and turned it on still nothing, took out the unit and without bothering to wash his filthy hands got it to the fridge and started touching everything. He got it to work, but when he put it together I could not hear the water turning on, he said it would work, checked it a couple of times and left it alone.

He went to the washing machine and looked it over, and I showed him the plastic skirt around it had a tear which made it leak. He took a couple of pictures and said parts would be ordered, said I would get a call in a couple of days about the part then setup time for repair.

So I get a message the next day saying that they will not be fixing it the technician claims it was abused on purpose. I called and the person on the phone another rude Russian said that they are refusing service because of what the technician claimed. I told him I was told he would order the part, never said anything like that, he said send photo’s, and they will look at it. I sent photo’s, called back and this time this Russian was just a rude, sarcastic jerk which would not even listen and said we would not fix it was abused. I said are you kidding me that I tore this plastic that is under a tough plastic that is under it and I tore this on purpose for what reason? What is wrong with you. I asked for a manager, and after getting a lot of nonsense I hung up, he called and said he is transferring me to a manager. Lady picked up she also had a similar accent but not as strong and said she is a supervisor. She saw my email and photo's, and after few mins said I have to put you on hold and be back in a min, I was on hold for 35 min, and she never came back, the entire day went by and never called me back.

Do yourself a favor and do not listen to any positive messages on any site they are lies. Russians and Ukrainians are good in programming and will load up positive lies on site with positive feedback. This company is a scam; the positive posts are a scam.

Find proper plumber or technician to work with; the $75.00 service charge is not worth it, the warranty they offer is not worth a damn, the seller paid over $700.00 for this warranty for a year and it's not worth a damn.

Read

Mission accomplished. The mission of the home warranty company, the realtors, and the seller was to help you make the decision to buy the house that “had a lot of problems”.

Once you closed on the house, those problems became yours. The intent was not to actually FIX the problems, but to help you make the decision to purchase the house, which you did. Now, fix your house and leave the home warranty world behind you.

Tell everyone you know. Tell the realtors that home warranty policies will NOT suffice as a negotiating point in home purchases.

In my country, trouble have you.

GleefulPrairieDog795
Poor customer service
Loss
Review #1237140 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

Maytag - Horrible service

3 weeks ago I reported that my 1200 commercial capacity washer needed service for a malfunctioning lock mechanism which has put my washer on the fritz. We opted for this larger size because of our large family.

Maytag arranged a local service tech to repair it. Two weeks ago they supposedly ordered the parts only to come out yesterday with a totally unrelated part the computer circuit panel which did did not fix the issue. I complained and was told the service company would order the correct parts whic they should have in the first place since it was apparent what was wrong. So now I’m out a washer for two more weeks.

I called Maytag because by the time these jokers replace all the parts I could have had a new one delivered once over for about the same price. Called Maytag filed a complaint asked to talk to a person of decision making authority. Was told I’m sorry but all they could do was make the appropriate notes to my account. In today’s day and age where pissed off mothers of 8 can sit and write scathing reviews of their products I would think that they would have better ways to resolve these issues.

What an expensive price of crap that only worked a year. I want help with my issue and will not rest till I get the help From someone over there at Maytag or whirlpool whom ever owns this junk maker.

WP2008

Hello OrangeCarolinaDog, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from pissedconsumer into the email as well.

OrangeCarolinaDog
Bad quality
Review #1220405 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Theives!!!

If you own a home and are looking for home warranty, do not use this company, or any co that is part of there parent co.

Live in Southern California. Paid my $75 copay, technician came out, found rubber and plastic in filter.

The washer started leaking in the front and spinning really fast and at end of cycle knocking. So he said do not wash rubber or plastic, he left, my first load, same problem. He had to come out again. I told him code was reading OE on machine.

He ordered drain pump, I confirmed with family no one had washed plastic or rubber (see pictures) asked tech if it was coming from the machine. He said no. Was pump. Came out to install.

Left. First load. Huge boom! Washer moved out two feet from wall.

Filter completely out of socket and the rubber around the drum when you opened the door completely off. I looked and you could see rubber and plastic shavings from drum. I called home warranty they said call the “accord appliance” do not use that company. Idiots!!

So the tech came back and then said could not be repaired and damage was from over loading. Three times he came out and had no idea. I told him the code. Then reports the damage is from over loading.

So I wanted 2nd opinion. They sent out technician and he only stayed the current condition of washer. Again they said not covered. So basically I went two weeks no washer, and to take off 10 hours of work and pay $75 dollar copay.

I had this washer for 8 years. I think if I was over loading it would of happened sooner and wouldn’t take a technician 3 times to make a decision that was the problem. High way robbery.

Do not hire this company unless all you want to do is light your money on fire. Horrible they don’t even rate one star!

Read

Sounds like your machine is shot and you should just go buy a new one. Eight years is a long life for any appliance anymore. Save the copays, premiums and hassle by purchasing a new appliance, especially if timely use of your appliances is of any importance to you.

Order processing issue
Review #1200455 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1200455.
3.1

Sears - 1 month and still broke

My washing machine was making a terrible racket and leaking water from underneath. So I called and the first repairman came out, looked at it and said he ordered parts, someone will be out in 1 week to repair it.

1 week later, a different repairman came out, oh no, he ordered the wrong parts, he ordered parts, someone will be out in one week to fix it. Next week, a different repairman came out, oh no, he ordered the wrong parts, he ordered parts, someone will be out in one week to fix it. Next week, repairman came out and,oh no, he ordered the wrong parts, he ordered parts, someone will be out in one week to fix it. This is 1 month, 4 repairman, over $1000 in parts sitting on my floor, my washing machine is still not fixed.

OH one more thing one of the parts they sent is broken.

THEY SENT ME BROKEN PARTS. They could have just sent me a new washing machine, no wonder SEARS IS GOING/GONE BROKE!!!

Bad quality
Review #1194062 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1194062.

Maytag - Waiting 4 weeks for repair

11 month old washing machine quit working. Called Maytag and a third party repair service came out.

Bad computer board. Today they called and delayed the appointment for the 4th time due to Maytag doesn’t have the part. It’s been a month now.....

Try to call their customer service line- 30 minute wait and then they take your number and call you later. Absolutely Pathetic!

Poor customer service
Review #1188502 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1188502.