American Home Shield - J Coppock contractor service is terrible

The contractor u all sent to my home J Coppock will not return phone calls or pickup the phone they cant seem to troubleshoot any washers or dryers because this isnt the first time i have had this problem with this company i just want to know the status of my part its going on 2 weeks i dont have time or the money take off my job they are costing me more money than its worth to have AHS

BronzeFly948
Order processing issue
Review #1499869 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - Kenmore washer

Service person came to house put parts in washer, it did not work, he came back and still did not fix it. I called AHS to send someone else/they refused and charged me $100 for nothing

Order processing issue
Review #1489887 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1489887.

American Home Shield - Kenmore washer

My Kenmore washer would not go to the second cycle, they sent out a repair company, he said he had it fixed and showed me a bag of parts and said it was fixed. I put in a load of clothes and it was not repaired, he came back and could not get it to work, I called AHS and they would not call out another company or replace it and I was charged for this non service..

Beware, if you have appliances in the garage they will not service them, there goes a warranty you thought you had on your washer, dryer and hot water heater

Read

Budgeting for the replacement of these appliances yourself is the wiser way to go. These appliances are rarely fixed quickly or properly and usually go out again, causing such an inconvenience.

It’s better and faster to shop for new appliances than to try to repair old ones. We bought a new $500 refrigerator today to replace ours that had been freezing up underneath or behind it, leaking water. The old one will go on the curb. $500 for one that will last hopefully 10 years is not too bad.

If you need more space than that, buy 2, and put one in the garage. Always have a backup. No home warranty had to tell us what to do. We didn’t have to waste any food, or wait on anybody to show up and we didn’t have to play waiting games.

We aren’t mad or frustrated, we solved the problem for $500.

We didn’t have to sit on hold, and we didn’t waste any food or medicine or time. How much do these home warranty policies cost again?

jacqueline towbin
Deceptive practices
Warranty issue
Full refund
Review #1489692 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.3

American Home Shield - I had ahs in az no problem but moved if you live in a rural area do not buy

My washer broke down, no big right? Wrong I waited over two months for them to find a company.

I get a call from rich's appliance they show up do a great job. But mysteriously enough they don't get paid . two months later I had to pay 294. dollars.

they say they cant find the work order so I have to eat the money. Yet I called them week after week having to take my clothes to the laundry mat. The fact that I paid for that also for two months ridiculous.

Again do not get ahs if you live in rural area they do nothing and than when they do you have to pay the bill because they don't see the work order. Gayle Curre

Read

The contractor NEVER gets paid by AHS. Your service fee is what they get from AHS, and actually, that came from you!

So the out of network provider they used wouldn’t accept AHS’s generous offer of $100 for the $300-400 repair. Go figure.

Somebody has to pay it, and it won’t be AHS. It will either be the contractor or the customer.

DefensiveBinturong
I didn’t like
Refusal to pay for my repair, Refusal to pay my repair
Problems with payment
Full refund
Review #1472838 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - Broken

Second time repairman came for washer. Doesnt spin watet out,oil leak, part discontinued.

Called them since they never calledus back. On phone to speak to dept.

Rep. For over an hour. Tranferred again.

Another hour. This is rediculous. Call me asap. Needd washer.

757-345-5812.

4708 sanford arms., Williamsburg, va.

23188. We need a washer.

FondJavanRhinoceros932
Bad quality
Review #1460178 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - Washer was said not workable by 2 Contractors, and then the 3rd said repairable.

After 3 quotes, the 3rd Contractor said he was going to order the part. He called to finally say he had the part in, and said he would be out the next day.

The next day he called and said he was stuck in another town, and have not heard from them sense. The washer originally just had a loud noise, now it has broken down, will not go past rinse cycle. Water in tub, had to squeeze water out and take to the laundromat.

2 months working on getting my washer resolved, keep sending me to people who say they can not help me!!! Going on 2 hours on hold!

Definitely no customer service!!!

Read

The contractor doesn’t get paid more than your service fee. How much was your service fee?

$75? $100? The contractor doesn’t reveive the money right away, either. It matters not what the actual costs of your repair are, because the contractor has to provide the service for what his agreed flat charge is—and no more $$$ will come his way from this repair.

So the best the contractor can hope for is a straight-up denial of the claim, followed by a partial denial (where the homeowner has to pay some more money) or lastly, that he can prolong the purchase of any actua parts or equipment as long as possible, since he’s going to lose money. The lengthy wait is in hopes that more newly dispatched customers will come in from AHS to him in order to offset the expense and loss of going to buy your parts. Many customers will accept a cash out, or cash-in-lieu of repair, rather than wait. If that happens, the contractor takes a ding on his AHS score, and the money paid out to the customer counts against him because it runs up the average cost per claim his company is charging AHS, even though he never got the money.

He wouldn’t have received the money either way, but holding AHS’s costs down by absorbing the cost himself is the only way to remain an AHS contractor. AHS won’t send any more service calls to a vendor who doesn’t do this. It’s a stranglehold on small businesses, brought on by customers who won’t call a legitimate business and pay reasonable repair rates. It’s really disgusting, and after becoming educated, most home warranty customers would do it again because they are so cheap.

Even the HOPE of saving $1 makes it worth it to them despite what they must go through to get. People like that deserve to wait.

WholeGalapagosPenguin817
Tags
I liked
When they respond quickly, First time i needed them for a repair was great
I didn’t like
Poor service providers, Lacks follow through, No service, Refuses to correct their mistakes
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1427662 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Extended warranty is bogus do not rent from Aarons

They offered us an extended warranty on a washing machine was suppose to be good for a year it tore up in September we called from september the date it tore up they finally came and looked at it the end of november we just got a call today and the manager states oh the warranty ran out in November which is not true its supposed to be good until January and now want us to pay half to fix it i explained we have been calling since september to have it fixed my parents are disabled and have been good customers and then get treated this way so in return i will be on youtube all news channels and all public podcast by Wednesday people pay alot of money to arrons they should abide by what they claim

LuckyDogCares
Aarons Verified Representative

Hello, Oh No, This is very unfortunate. We want to help as much as possible by looking futher into this.

Can you please email at myexpereience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this resolved! -Kala

FlamboyantTuatara
I liked
Employees that run this business will make it go under
I didn’t like
Horrible customer service, Outright lied, Store management, Words that came out of the mouth of a managers mouth
Warranty issue
Review #1420054 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - Washing Machine Repairs

Gentleman came out to check Washing Machine explained to him what was going on, he ran water in the tub of the machine and said everything was ok. Its not ok because the last cycle won't wring the

clothes out.

T he clothes are left soaking wet.

Why should I have to pay for a service that I am not getting. Very unfair to the customer.

ShaggySaurian
Damaged or defective
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1419781 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - Worst Experience Ever

After almost 20 years, this has by far been the worst experience ever. Service called placed on Oct 13 for service to the washer.

After waiting 5-7 days for one part - I was told the part was never ordered and they were not willing to expedite to make up for their mistake. I wait another 5-7 days and find that 2 parts are needed, but only one was ordered; so guess who has to wait another 5-7 days? Still not willing to expedite the delivery of the order. Daily phone calls to confirm the order was placed and each call increased my suspicions and concerns - never got the same response from any 2 people.

This is completely unacceptable - its been 30 days since initial notification and this issue is not even close to being resolved!

Serious disconnect between the parts department and customer service. When calling phone and wait time exceed 1 hour!

EsteemedSeaUrchin368
I didn’t like
Not being problem solvers, Inability to provide clear expectations for resolution
Problem with delivery
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1399456 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Horrible Service - Do Not Use

This company, from my understanding is a small privately owned business and has only 1 employee - the owner. This individual was the worst business owner I have ever dealt with.

I contacted him to fix my washer. I paid him in full in February of 2018. He scheduled dates to come and fix the washer, which I accommodated to his schedule and took off of work for, just to be cancelled on last minute. The lack of communication was unbelievable.

It took him till May to complete the job and the entire time my washer was unusable. He then mentioned giving me a $100 refund for all of the issues and how long it took to complete the job. After the job was done, he left my basement a mess and left the old washer part for me to discard, which was a large part and difficult for me to carry up the stairs.

He has yet to reimburse me the $100 and I recently talked to him on the phone and he was nothing but rude and downright horrible. I would never ever recommend this business to anyone.

Order processing issue
Review #1367295 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1367295.