Contacted this company to search for a nephew. Was advised there was a 7 day trial period, but I chose to enroll for one year for unlimited searches.

When we started the search I was advised that there would be an aditional $1.95 charge due to the details required - I said okay. My bank account was debited $39.95 and $1.95 and I assumed that I was enrolled and these were the charges for that and the search "details". This was on 6/27.

On 7/5 I was debited another $34.50 which I called my bank about and we called PeopleSmart. I was told that the $39.95 was for the report on my nephew, since I wasn't enrolled! Never mind the trial period and the fact that I had opted for enrollment.

Further he stated that I would get no refund since the trial period ended on 7/2, but they wouldn't bill me again. I told him he had that right - I cancelled the debit card to make sure they couldn't!!

Tell everybody you know to avoid these guys like the plague. They are real sleezy operators and I for one intend to report them to the better business bureau.

I'll never give anyone else a debit card number on the internet either

- that is a given!

Had an Experience with Other Company?

Comments

Other Company - Beware Joseph Gene Yungwirth (Joe), *** artist, contractor, plumber, electrician scam Indianapolis Indiana Other Company "Joseph Gene Yungwirth, aka Joe Yungwirth, stole over $21,000 from me in a *** artist contracting scam. I hired him to rehab a house in Indiana. He demanded weekly payments..." Read more Other Company Business Building Review Other Company "Seriously? Mike Lemire a well known Dead Beat Dad and Business Looser teaching people how to build a business? He recently almost went to JAIL of not paying child support..." Read more Other Company - CONVICTED! Consumer magazine "Objective" owner Adi Jorbin for consumer fraud Other Company "Please be careful out there when reading consumer surveys and other items related to the consumer survey magazine called "Objective" or it's earlier name "Objectivi" which is owned by Adi..." Read more Other Company - The persistent unwanted phone call avenger! Other Company "Global Pharmacy has been calling me about 3-6 times a day for the past 6 months. The national DO-NOT-CALL registry is useless because the number appearing on my phone is..." Read more Syomet - It's well made and fits perfectly. Syomet "After a long and dreadful search for the perfect birthday outfit, I got lucky and stumbled upon syomet.com website and fell in love with everything they offering! I have to..." Read more Nightmare in Tuscaloosa, AL- InTown Suites Intown Suites "If you love horror movies and would like to star in one, head on over to In Town Suites in Tuscaloosa, AL! This place has an all inclusive horror experience...." Read more Airbnb - Air BNB sucks Airbnb "I booked a place in Miami that listed free breakfast, beer, oceanview, and 3 bedroom. When I arrived there was a half empty case of eggs, milk, cookies, etc. There..." Read more Curriculum Associates - NO JUST NO Curriculum Associates "So I'm using I-Ready and stuff, and it's "teaching" me about figurative language. But it gives me weird examples, and as in weird I mean disturbing. For hyperbole the example..." Read more