I bought a used Roper Washing Machine from "Bennett Used Appliances" in Grantham NC.Once the machine was delivered it was discovered the next day that the wash tub of the machine had several rust areas on the bottom.
I called Allen Bennett, the salesperson and son of the owner, to tell him. He put the blame on me that I put rust stains in the wash tub in less than one day. I was my fault. Anyone with the mind would know that is impossible.
We sent him pictures of the rust but he still insisted we had made the rust areas and was not going to replace the machine. I reminded him I had a 90 day warranty. He said that didn't include a wash tub with rust areas - a 90-day warranty is a 90-day warranty is what I say. We continued phoning back and forth for that day.
The next morning I called him and his phone was not in service. So I called the second number listed in the Craigslist ad. It was the phone of Allen's father, Paul, who is the owner of the business. Paul indicated that Allen was not awake yet, that the family was in Myrtle Beach for the weekend, and that Allen's phone was not in service because, he, Paul, was giving him the service for Christmas.
Paul wanted to know what was wrong with the machine. It told him the situation and my conversations with Allen. I asked him to tell Allen I called. Since they were gone for the weekend, I waited until Monday afternoon to call Allen.
He indicated that he was willing to replace the machine. I told him we would come look again, or if he remembered there was another similar machine we looked at that had the super tub size. He said I didn't have to do that. He indicated he would deliver the second machine that afternoon.
That did not happen. On the following day, Tuesday, I called Allen and he said he would deliver the other machine that afternoon. I called him at about 3 pm and he said he had my machine on the truck but had to make another delivery first. He had not come by 6 pm so I assumed he wasn't coming.
I called him again. He said his father needed the truck, they only had one truck, so he had to take the truck back to his father. Further, Allen informed me that his father, Paul, owner of the business, said that if we wanted a replacement he was going to charge us a delivery fee. Of course, that was unacceptable.
Christmas came and went. I again reached out to Allen. No result. I believe I also called Paul Bennett, I got phone mail, so I left a message regarding the unsatisfactory service and the result of the circumstances.
Paul Bennett never called me back. I decided to weigh my options at this point -- take them to small claims court, or report them to Craigslist and to the Better Business Bureau. I have not ruled out small claims court.
This is step one for resolution.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Roper Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Anabolics pharmacy online is a fraud they go by many names such as Anabolics online.biz ..The Supplement store..Bodybuilding.freshdesk.com Do not order from this site unless you got money to throw away.Us..."
- "Absolutely Terrible. No one should have to go through what they have put our company through. If you have any kind of timeline for when you need your..."
- "I have been in the investment business for 20 years. I have followed the fraud in the for-profit education industry for 15 years. My new book, "Online Education..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "THURSDAY/DEC.01,2016: I played Kixeye's Battle Pirate game on Facebook a few days ago. In a campaign called "High Tide" I played and won the first round. The winning prizes are..."
- "I have a 96 f150 I bought 3rd hand. This year and model has a recall issued due to the part pictured catching fire. Since I am the 3rd owner..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."