I bought a used Roper Washing Machine from "Bennett Used Appliances" in Grantham NC.Once the machine was delivered it was discovered the next day that the wash tub of the machine had several rust areas on the bottom.

I called Allen Bennett, the salesperson and son of the owner, to tell him. He put the blame on me that I put rust stains in the wash tub in less than one day. I was my fault. Anyone with the mind would know that is impossible.

We sent him pictures of the rust but he still insisted we had made the rust areas and was not going to replace the machine. I reminded him I had a 90 day warranty. He said that didn't include a wash tub with rust areas - a 90-day warranty is a 90-day warranty is what I say. We continued phoning back and forth for that day.

The next morning I called him and his phone was not in service. So I called the second number listed in the Craigslist ad. It was the phone of Allen's father, Paul, who is the owner of the business. Paul indicated that Allen was not awake yet, that the family was in Myrtle Beach for the weekend, and that Allen's phone was not in service because, he, Paul, was giving him the service for Christmas.

Paul wanted to know what was wrong with the machine. It told him the situation and my conversations with Allen. I asked him to tell Allen I called. Since they were gone for the weekend, I waited until Monday afternoon to call Allen.

He indicated that he was willing to replace the machine. I told him we would come look again, or if he remembered there was another similar machine we looked at that had the super tub size. He said I didn't have to do that. He indicated he would deliver the second machine that afternoon.

That did not happen. On the following day, Tuesday, I called Allen and he said he would deliver the other machine that afternoon. I called him at about 3 pm and he said he had my machine on the truck but had to make another delivery first. He had not come by 6 pm so I assumed he wasn't coming.

I called him again. He said his father needed the truck, they only had one truck, so he had to take the truck back to his father. Further, Allen informed me that his father, Paul, owner of the business, said that if we wanted a replacement he was going to charge us a delivery fee. Of course, that was unacceptable.

Christmas came and went. I again reached out to Allen. No result. I believe I also called Paul Bennett, I got phone mail, so I left a message regarding the unsatisfactory service and the result of the circumstances.

Paul Bennett never called me back. I decided to weigh my options at this point -- take them to small claims court, or report them to Craigslist and to the Better Business Bureau. I have not ruled out small claims court.

This is step one for resolution.

Review about: Roper Washing Machine.

I didn't like: After purchase service and customer relations.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Other Company?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.