I bought a used Roper Washing Machine from "Bennett Used Appliances" in Grantham NC.Once the machine was delivered it was discovered the next day that the wash tub of the machine had several rust areas on the bottom.
I called Allen Bennett, the salesperson and son of the owner, to tell him. He put the blame on me that I put rust stains in the wash tub in less than one day. I was my fault. Anyone with the mind would know that is impossible.
We sent him pictures of the rust but he still insisted we had made the rust areas and was not going to replace the machine. I reminded him I had a 90 day warranty. He said that didn't include a wash tub with rust areas - a 90-day warranty is a 90-day warranty is what I say. We continued phoning back and forth for that day.
The next morning I called him and his phone was not in service. So I called the second number listed in the Craigslist ad. It was the phone of Allen's father, Paul, who is the owner of the business. Paul indicated that Allen was not awake yet, that the family was in Myrtle Beach for the weekend, and that Allen's phone was not in service because, he, Paul, was giving him the service for Christmas.
Paul wanted to know what was wrong with the machine. It told him the situation and my conversations with Allen. I asked him to tell Allen I called. Since they were gone for the weekend, I waited until Monday afternoon to call Allen.
He indicated that he was willing to replace the machine. I told him we would come look again, or if he remembered there was another similar machine we looked at that had the super tub size. He said I didn't have to do that. He indicated he would deliver the second machine that afternoon.
That did not happen. On the following day, Tuesday, I called Allen and he said he would deliver the other machine that afternoon. I called him at about 3 pm and he said he had my machine on the truck but had to make another delivery first. He had not come by 6 pm so I assumed he wasn't coming.
I called him again. He said his father needed the truck, they only had one truck, so he had to take the truck back to his father. Further, Allen informed me that his father, Paul, owner of the business, said that if we wanted a replacement he was going to charge us a delivery fee. Of course, that was unacceptable.
Christmas came and went. I again reached out to Allen. No result. I believe I also called Paul Bennett, I got phone mail, so I left a message regarding the unsatisfactory service and the result of the circumstances.
Paul Bennett never called me back. I decided to weigh my options at this point -- take them to small claims court, or report them to Craigslist and to the Better Business Bureau. I have not ruled out small claims court.
This is step one for resolution.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Roper Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I paid for 2 teacup Yorkies with money gram for ship and they gave me a total and said that was it after I paid then an hour later they..."
- "I have a horror story here.Landlord is referring to Gregory Eveslage in this document.Rented Address was 10144 Morning light Dr., Avon IN. 46123.Landlord address Gregory Eveslage 5205 Clover Ridge Dr.,Greenville,..."
- "I was a guest at a meeting and this guy named Mike Rascon presented a business opportunity to me. He tried to tell me that he was the top..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."