Costway - Not a transparent company

I ordered an exercise bike which arrived within 10 days of my order. When I opened the packaging there was a leaflet that asked for the customer to not contact where the item was purchased if a problem occurred but to contact Costway directly, by telephone with the number provided on the leaflet.

I had a problem with one of the pedals of which I took to a repair shop to help and it was easily sorted. However, once I had assembled the bike I noticed that the wheel rubbed against the cover for the chain from the pedal to the wheel and the casing was a little wider than it needed to be.

As a result of this the bike made an awful sound when used and the tension was heavier than the setting indicated so basically not useable. I called the number given which always went to voicemail and over the next 3 days I continued to do this. I then became concerned that the number given was not being monitored.

The leaflet only offered a phone number no other information regarding contacting Costway customer service. I did some research on google and from this I obtained an email address to which I wrote to them stating my issue with the faulty bike and my frustration at not being able to speak to someone on the telephone ( I left my phone number asking them to call me. I received a reply to my email at 9pm central time and they asked me to make a video or send pictures, so I took pictures on my phone and attached to an email. It appeared to me that they didn't quite get what I was saying and their written response was to suggest some things to sort out the fault.

The suggestions that they made were not relevant to what I was saying the fault was. This went back and forth via email for 4 days and each time I received a response to my email it was always after 9pm. I asked on 3 separate times if they were situated in the USA because the written language they used was not always comprehendible and their refusal to call me and the time of night that they responded every time. They did not answer the question in any of the 6 emails that I received in response to mine and they even said that email was the fastest way to communicate as there phone lines were 'Hot'.

I sent them a pic of the leaflet that they put with the items sold and shipped and it clearly says to call them, they still would not address my question as to where they are based. After several unhelpful suggestions from them I demanded that they either send someone to repair the bike or collect it and refund my money. They immediately offered to either replace the item or a refund. I obviously asked for a refund as I could not trust the next bike would be in good working order and I received a refund within 48 hours.

Yet still no answer as to where they are based and now looking at the reviews and their responses to them it is very obvious with the written language that they use that they are not in the USA even though they portray that they are.

I have noted some good reviews regarding this company as well as some terrible ones too but the main point here is that they are not an honest company and I will be finding out who it is that I need to contact to attempt to get to the bottom of their misrepresentation of this company. I would not recommend them and I will certainly not order from them again,

Poor customer service
Review #1388256 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Irish Sports Warehouse - NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

I bought a treadmill in Jan 2018. It broke in Jun 2018.

I can't get a repair, replacement or even an email from them. I have sent numerous emails and can't get a response. I have threatened legal action but they are a UK company and it is an internet company and I am based in Ireland so it is trickier to get justice. That seems their modus of profit.

Sell faulty goods and make it impossible for the customer to get their money back. Rubbish customer service and extremely bad value for money as I am now out of pocket and having to save to buy a new treadmill.

I have only now researched all the really bad reviews this company got and am really sorry I did not google their reviews before I bought. It would have saved me a lot of money and hassle

Full refund
Review #1341543 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Letgo - I got you but wanted to sell her

I got cheated by a seller she sold me a treadmill I paid her cash $200 cash for it and treadmill is not working because of the safety Keys missing I contacted a couple of time she never got back to me her name is shyanne Matias

Not as described/ advertised
Review #1282373 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amazon - Horrible

Called, emailed, chatted combined over 30 times. They cannot solve a problem.

I have wasted hours on the phone, on email and via chat with Amazon a problem with an order.

I purchased a treadmill with Amazon home services. My preferred time was not honored and there were troubles with the website options. I called to get it fixed with no avail. So I put in a second order and got the deliver and set up timeframe I had originally wanted.

Next I tried to cancel the first order and could not. So I declined deliver of 1 treadmill and received the other. I had to pay $100 to move the treadmill to the basement. Then Amazon Home services came to set it up, After set up, I was told the treadmill was defective and to call Proform.

I called Proform twice and filled out 2 service tickets, and could not get anyone to respond, nor could I get a live person on the phone. So I contacted Amazon and was to return the treadmill. I was told that Pilot would come, dismantle the treadmill, take it upstairs and retrieve it for the return. Pilot arrived, confirmed the treadmill is defective, and told me they do not disassemble or move treadmills.

I then spent 1 ½ hour being transferred around with Amazon to find a solution. I was told that Amazon Home services would contact me for disassembly. I still don’t know who is going to move it, and if or when Pilot is going to return to retrieve it.

I want a refund for both treadmills: the one I declined delivery and the broken one sitting in my basement, and I want a refund for Amazon webservices. And, I strongly recommend Amazon remove all Proform products from its site.

$2000
Full refund
Review #1237840 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Irish Sports Warehouse - Rubbish company steer clear

Bought a treadmill, in the van it came in nothing was tied down and upon opening I found that it was broken and unusable. I emailed them twice without reply.

After calling several times I finally got through and was told they would refund and replace it within 3 to 5 working days.

The next day I decided on cancelling the replacement and simply take the refund instead. I was told that I would have to pay 114 euro for cancelling as the replacement was already on it's way despite being told it would be at least 3 days before it would be sent out.

Terrible service and awful customer care.

Damaged or defective
Review #1227798 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1227798.

Irish Sports Warehouse - Treadmill

Recieved a treadmill in February didnt work contacted them said no power to screen they sent a new one not only did i have to become a technician over night with all the plugs and screws i had to deal with when changing it. Bottom line that didnt work for me.

Contacted them again to find they had changed there phone number i came on it by accident on google. They said then they would send a part for the motor to replace, i panicked then and thought no way am i going to have to fiddle with a motor so i suggested yes I SUGGESTED can you not arrange and collect this and replace with other one rather than keep sending parts and would save on courier fees.

Any way they have arranged for collection of the one i have as the courier has contacted me but have gone off the face of the earth again so i cant contact them to see where my replacement is. There changing of phone numbers is concerning me so have contacted a solicitor to speak too on monday

Damaged or defective
Review #1227702 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lifetime Fitness - Treadmills

LFT- SAT 1604-281

We recently had the renovations on our gym, which are wonderful...they replaced some of the treadmills on the “Team Burn” section..

BUT, there’s another group of treadmills that have being broken since Oct-Nov of last year!

I have reported them to the maintenance guy Bruce and to the manager Brian McClause several times..the maintenance guy thinks to know how to fixed them, he goes and “fixes” them but temporarily because they keep breaking over and over again.

Sometimes is one treadmill, but most times have been 2-3 at the same time!..it’s very annoying and frustrating!

I have asked the manager to fix or replace them, as we pay big bucks for the membership!

One of them is the console, has to be replaced..it’s being like this since last year.

Another one, wkout press start and pops up a window “your workout has being completed “..

Another one, one day works the next doesn’t!

Could you PLEASE do something about this issue?!..

Thank you!

I know for fact most at this gym are homeless either living in groups, room for rents where showers and toilets are scarce or they have limited access so the new gym rat signs up here to shower and use the toilet, its cheaper than paying for a real home

San Antonio, Texas
Bad quality
Review #1212763 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1212763.

Icon Health and Fitness - ABSOLUTE WORST!

I paid for a lifetime warranty for my track belt for my treadmill for both parts and service back in 2012. Now I need a belt and I cannot get a hold of anyone. I have tried emailing, calling, and instant messaging and have spent hours making attempts to get someone to respond.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COMPANY!!

STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ENJOY FRUSTRATION AND BEING RIPPED OFF!

I have never had an issue like this with any business before and I work as a buyer for a utility company and deal with dozens of vendors every day!

I am finding frustration with this website as well! What is up with requiring 100 words!

Treadmill
Cons
No customer service
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1205172 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ifit - Ripped Off

I had purchased recumbent bike with ifit and worked find until I changed wifi providers. I called ifit and they said that I have an out of date module and would have to pay $175.00 to purchase I new one.

I informed them that I don't want to purchase new module and would like a prorated refund. After five attempts, I reached a real person and they said that there would be no refunds.

So i paid for a services that is now useless. I would not purchase from ifit again and encouraged everyone reading this to do the same.

Treadmill
Pros
Worked fine before change of wifi
Cons
Poor customer service
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Price reduction
Review #1149148 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amazon - Shipping Credits

3.4

I purchased a stationary bike from Amazon. One of their vendors, Super Fit, shipped bike but had to be returned due to a defective pedal even though just the pedal could have been shipped.

No, Super Fit wanted entire bike returned. Super fit said it would pay for return costs which amounted to $214. Super fit then advised could only pay $209. Since I paid cash via my credit card, I thought reimbursement would be eitther by check or by credit.

Neither was true. Amazon changed rules by only providing Amazon credit for future purchases. This was not stated at the outset. If I had known this the way shipping return would be handled at the outset, I would not have returned bike and worked with defective pedal.

Now I have had to front the return costs and no reimbursement, just Amazon credit which I may not use for some time. Amazon should have more clear on their policies.

BUYER BEWARE. GET RETURN SHIPPING HANDLING CLARIFIED AT THE OUTSET Bruce Smith, Mooredtown NJ

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1122279 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1122279.