Tucker, GA, USA

We contracted with Mekhael ("Michael") Sawaya for work on our newly purchased, 40+ year old home.He agreed to rebuild the balcony, repair leaking French doors, repair a hole in the subfloor in the kitchen, and tear out and rebuild a portion of the master bath.

There he was to remove steps, sunken tub and shower, lower the floor so that the bathroom was one level, raise the vanities, then replace with tub, shower and new flooring. After repeated repairs and a new door frame, he couldn't stop the French door leaks; we have since paid several hundred dollars to another company to accomplish this. While removing the old flooring in the kitchen, we discovered he patched the subfloor with a piece of particle board, leaving a space an inch wide and several inches long still open to the crawl space, covered back over with flooring. The tile work in the master is so sub-par that we will have to pay over one thousand dollars to have it corrected: grout is different shades and widths; decorative border is wavy, not smooth; grout has started disintegrating between tiles; a piece of floor tile cracked; in an effort to hide a crooked half wall, metal corner pieces were installed and left with the sharp edge protruding from the tops.

We complained repeatedly of the poor work and gave him two additional opportunities to make corrections. Each time, he made it worse. He never worked a full 40-hour week at our house. In the end he would work two or three hours one or two days a week.

He would leave without letting us know at times and show up several hours later than agreed.After over two months of this, we severed times.

Review about: Home Construction Services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Remodeling
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Other Company?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion