TERRIBLE COMPANY! DO NOT USE THEM!

303 of 8736 Other Company reviews

Absolutely Terrible. No one should have to go through what they have put our company through. If you have any kind of timeline for when you need your material, DO NOT USE CENTRAL FREIGHT! I emailed them because a different branch of ours said they had really low rates, which they did, but I didn't know that it meant their service would be absolutely horrendous.

I emailed them on a Thursday morning asking them to do a pickup of 4 pallets of Mortar in Southern Connecticut and then deliver the material to Boston, MA the very next day. The sales rep I dealt with got right back to me and gave me a very low rate. I confirmed with him that it wouldn't be an issue to pick up the material that same day, and deliver it to Boston tomorrow, to which he replied "It's a one day point for us" meaning that it wouldn't be an issue. They picked up my material in CT that day just like they said they would, but this is the last time they did what they said they would.

The next day (Friday) at 2 PM I emailed the rep and asked him to find out when the truck would be arriving to our shop today.

He replied: "Unfortunately it did not make it out of the terminal this morning. It will be arriving Monday."

I replied: "So someone has known since this morning that the material didn’t make it onto a truck and no one called to let us know? I know that I was asking a lot for same day pickup and next day delivery, but when I said “I need 4 pallets picked up today and delivered to us tomorrow” to which you replied “it is a one day point for us” I thought we were both on the same page as to when I should expect it. I’m a little nervous to ask what time on Monday it is scheduled to be here, but now I have to. Let me know."

He replied: "It is a one day transit time. Attached I have given you a copy of our transit times map. I apologize for the delay, it is something that happens from time to time due to influx of freight going to and from different regions. It will be there on Monday, I do not have an exact eta. But I will get one for you first thing Monday morning. Thanks"

CLEARLY IT'S ONLY A 1 DAY POINT IF YOU SHIP IT THE NEXT DAY!

Monday Morning @ 9 AM

I emailed asking for an ETA, then I went on their website to try and track the shipment. This is when I found out that they picked up my pallets on Thursday in CT, then those pallets arrived in Camp Hill, PA on Saturday!!! They drove our material 268 miles in THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE DIRECTION! And according to their website, it now had an estimated delivery date of Tuesday. I then quickly emailed him again and asked if there was a mistake or that I was reading this wrong...

He said: "Yes it was shipped down to PA to come back up to MA. We currently do not have a breakpoint any closer at the moment as we are refurbishing a few terminal"

I didn't talk to them all day on Tuesday and emailed them Wednesday morning at 10AM asking for his boss's contact info, which he gave me. He also told me that "It is out for delivery now my dispatcher has not yet gotten back to me on an eta."

At 3:39 PM on Wednesday I emailed him again to tell him that it still was not at our shop and we close at 4 PM. Shortly after his manager called me and I expressed my frustration with the lack of communication that we received from the sales rep, but that overall I do not blame him for the ludicrous logistics that happened. I told him that I had all the emails where I stated up front that I needed this material the very next day to which the sales rep responded, “It is a one day point for us.”

The manager confirmed that the material had been in Stoughton MA Since Tuesday at roughly 5:45 AM where it sat. It was not delivered on Tuesday, and was not delivered on Wednesday because of “Driver Scheduling Issues”

BUT WAIT...AS OF A FEW HOURS AGO THE SALES REP TOLD ME IT WAS "OUT FOR DELIVERY!?!?!

The manager apologized over and over again for the insane string of events that took place and kept saying things like

“You have my word it will be at your office no later than 9 AM”

“I’m going to make *** sure it’s there by 9 AM”

“I’ve already talked to the dispatcher in Stoughton and you are going to be first stop Tomorrow”

...BUT WAIT...I THOUGHT THE SALES REP SAID THEY DIDN'T HAVE A BREAKPOINT ANY CLOSER THAN CAMP HILL, PA??? THEY COULD HAVE DRIVEN MY MATERIAL TO STOUGHTON, MA (143 MILES FROM CT, AND ONLY 18 MILES FROM BOSTON) ON FRIDAY AND I COULD HAVE PICKED IT UP MYSELF!

At 7:50 AM on Thursday I started texting the Manager asking for an update. He said "it should be there by 9-ish at the latest, you're first stop"

At 9:12 AM it was still not here.

At 9:30 AM it was still not here.

At this point I called the Stoughton branch myself and they said the ETA was 10:20-12:30 because "There was a stop along the way that they were just about to arrive to"

BUT WAIT....I THOUGHT WE WERE FIRST STOP?!?!?!

At 10:00 AM it was still not here.

At 10:30 AM it was still not here.

The truck finally arrived at 11:12 AM. Seven days after the original order was placed.

Since these bags had traveled over 700 miles I personally went outside to check the material as it was offloaded. In total 16 bags were broken, and one pallet was so badly damaged on the truck, we had to use chains attached to a forklift in order to drag the pallet to the back of the truck because a pallet jack couldn't fit under it.

I then took pictures, compiled all the emails and texts and wrote a full summary of events. I put it all into a nice PDF and sent it to the Director of Operations with our claim for the broken bags and included the freight charge in the claim because there is no way we should have to pay for this shipping. He told me that "The freight bill needs to be paid before you can file a claim for the bags"

ARE THEY KIDDING ME!?! THEY WANT US TO TRUST THEM TO REFUND US FOR THE FREIGHT AND THE BROKEN BAGS AFTER THIS?!?! THEY ARE STRONG-ARMING US INTO PAYING THE FREIGHT JUST SO WE CAN GET REFUNDED FOR THE BAGS THAT THEY BROKE! The Director of Operations said there is no guarantee that we will be refunded the freight and it is all subject to what happened. He also refused to give us a reduced rate for this order so that we would be tying up less of our money. The bags that they broke are worth more than the freight is and we already had to pay the bill for the bags. I am willing to bet my left leg that they do not refund us the freight...but that has yet to be seen.

Please do not use this company!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
303 of 8736 Other Company reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Other Company. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Other Company.
Filing a new complaint about
×