Taxact - Stay completely away from this garbage company.

Stay completely away from this garbage company. What a scam.

They knew our filing partnership return was late by a month and offered no guidance. We didn't realize the error, thinking April 15th was the last date to file. We made no money last year. So this was a hardship and we needed an inexpensive option just to get the return filed.

Of course, they took the money to file and e-filed like everything was perfect.

And then we received the huge penalty from the IRS because we were late. When asked why they didn't inform us of the late status and the possible upcoming penalty, they said "that's not our job".

Perfect.

pissedoff85000
Loss
Full refund
Review #1264316 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Metabank - Tax refund deposit

my tax return was. deposited to an account that i created online and after creating the account i was presented with a route now and account number but never recieved a card ..when calling ready debit they claimed they hsd no account as such.and the whereabouts of my tax return funds where uncertain

VagueHarrier
Poor customer service
Review #1258937 is a subjective opinion of poster.

ECMC - Devastated

I’m a single mother I have two jobs and I depend on my income tax check every year and they took my whole check they took $6000 almost 7000They give me back $131 because my Light got cut off And I have proof of that but that’s it nothing else I can’t keep up with my bills are usually pay a few months and advance my rent and any debts that I have I literally had a nervous break down I am still having one

Read

This company and the people who work for this company are demons. ECMC has cause me not to have been able to get a job because of the negativity ECMC has put on my report, therefore I have been homeless for 8yrs and my car repoed and had to place my children in the care of others.

These people are inhumane.

Why keep calling me for money when ECMC already knows that noone will hire me because ECMC has made sure of that. Oh also ECMC will threaten you as well.

grandmother with custody of 2 grandchildren.2 jobs, took all

Problems with payment
Review #1229111 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1229111.

Metabank - Not good!!

My husband and I were expecting an advance against our return, in the amount of $200, our refund amount with $2,006, finally we received our return which was short the exact amount of $200, but the advance was never received. What happened to the funds?

user69612262
Problems with payment
Review #1211607 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Taxact - My lost tax return from 2016 I need. My AGE of phone call

Yes I was given a code a nd a rep was supposed to call me so how do I file my taxes without an AGI I just can't seem to ger any help at all

Order processing issue
Review #1195481 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1195481.

Green Dot Corporation - False advertising

SO IM HAVING TAX RETURN DIRECT DEPOSIT ON GREEN DOT AND THEY ARE ALSO SANTABARBRA BANK TO THAT HANDLES ARE TAX RETURNS AND THE HAVE HAD MY MONEY FOR 2 DAYS NOW WITHOUT DEPOSITING IT COLLECTING INTEREST THEY LIE TO YOU WIYH FALSE ADVERTISMENT, PLEADE USE NET DPEND THEY OUT CLASSGREEN DOT! TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH. I DONT KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE BUT THERE VERY UN FAIR AND DONT CARE FOR THERE CUSTOMERS LIKE META BANK (net spend)

Read

Yes 3,000 was missing from my taxes refund I seen it was items that hit my account but they wasn't mines for like an iPhone iTunes I dont even have an iPhone they denied MY claim and told me that I had to show proof that I didn't do the transaction I really didnt know what they mean sounded so dam dumb seriously so lost I'm still assed out of my money unbelievable

Not as described
Review #1194983 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1194983.
1.8

TaxAct takes no accountability for poor service and delays

I filed my fed return with them but after five days, got no confirmation. Called their customer service and after half an hour on hold was told by the extremely rude woman that it was just me being impatient and that they had nothing to do with it.

All the fault of the IRS. When I asked why my return was accepted within an hour when I filed with a competitor software, she hung up on me.

Great job taxact. I'll be sharing my experience with everyone I know and never be using your product again.

Poor customer service
Review #1187188 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1187188.
1.4

Metabank - Well the system figured my advance nothing they can do.

i was given the impression the amount of my return could at least be aproved for 1000 and up to 1500.i could have gone to world finance and walked out with 1500 check.I was at walmart already and said why not were already here uner the impession i could be getting the same thing.

user46549878
Not as described
Review #1184261 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Taxact - Charged for a free return

I filed my return. It was rejected.

Tried to fix it. When I got to the end it said I owed $15.90. This was to import last years tax return. I did not use them last year so there was nothing to import.

I tried to contact them, but of course ,I can't call today and have to call tomorrow. It was their fault the return was rejected since they sent my state taxes to the federal government.

I only work part time and I am not paying the $15.90 for absolutely nothing. I have a very simple tax return and I can't figure out how to get this charge off my account.

#1442092

I went to Turbo Tax and got my taxes done and it went through right away.

plachamargory_77
I didn’t like
Being charge for a free return
Loss
Price reduction
Review #1182879 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Taxact - A year later

I filed my taxes last year with Taxact last year and never received any notice that my taxes were rejected. Only after trying to file my 2017 return and it continuously being rejected I realized my 2016 returns were never filed.

Every time I called Taxact's customer service they assured me my returns have been filed and accepted by the IRS. I even explained to customer service on why my taxes are being rejected and I would have to print my return out to file my 2016 taxes.

They (Taxact) assured me it would be free for me to print out my 2016 return to mail them to the IRS. I had to pay $38 just to get them printed, also I will have to pay late fees and interest.

Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1179388 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1179388.