Woolco, now defunct, had parakeets on sale.

So Mom took the 3 of us, the birdcage, and the flyer, and we went to buy George III. Naturally, like his predecessors GeorgeI and George II, he had to be blue.

Aunt June just happened to be along. It was karma.

When the teen flunkie said to my mother that only the green birds were on sale, Mom was ready to tuck tail and go home, dejected. But not June. She read the ad out loud. No wording about blue or green birds. The Flunkie held fast to his guns. June called out the mgr. By now the ad was rolled in a menacing, train your dog the wrong way baton, and she was tapping the bottom of the cage with it. "We came here for a blue bird on sale, and we're not leaving without one."

George III was soon on his way home.

Ah, those were the days.

Thanks, Aunt June. Sit on my shoulder when I have to tap the cage, wouldja?

Had an Experience with Other Company?

Comments

Other Company - William P. Cleary is making these posts Other Company "http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/William_Cleary_5557871/ He is making fake posts about me and attacking my family on this site. He was just released from Prison and his evil wrath continues. Both him and his..." Read more Other Company - This video speaks for itself. Management walks by this several time a day. Disgusting! Other Company "This condition has been there for months. The management has to walk by this several time a day. The bank cannot expect customers to be welcome with this filth. When..." Read more Other Company - 1223 Mississippi Avenue - Renters Beware! Other Company "Trae Meyr, a lawyer at Thompson Hine, rented us the house at 1223 Mississippi Avenue in St. Louis a little over two months ago. We currently have a three (3)..." Read more Other Company Business Building Review Other Company "Seriously? Mike Lemire a well known Dead Beat Dad and Business Looser teaching people how to build a business? He recently almost went to JAIL of not paying child support..." Read more Share My Coach Mesa, AZ Share My Coach "We were in rain 4 of our 7 day rental and the coach leaked through the front and rear..." Read more Richmond American Homes - Fixing issues after move in Richmond American Homes "First off the sales guy acted like a used car salesman for about 75% of the time we interacted with him either in person or on the phone. We should..." Read more Dominos Pizza - Experience sucked Dominos Pizza "Ordered 2 pizzas two chicken bacon ranch sandwiches which it what we normally order. The meat on the sandwich was not bacon it was very thick and chewy. I called..." Read more Triton Boats - Unwanted step child of boats Triton Boats "I bought a 2010 Triton Storm new. First boat. Loved it until the cracks began. Several cracks in structural areas. My certified welder says there are signs of insufficient welds..." Read more