Georgia Student Finance Commission - Terrible Company

I attended Georgia Tech from 1991-1995. I am an engineer. Like most students, I took out college loans. The school itself was great. But the loan process was *** The company I dealt with was Georgia Student Finance Commission. They never talked to you straight. I would wait on the phone and the people working there were rude, half asleep and bad tempered. How any of them are employed makes no sense. This is not a government institution - just a very badly run organization without any accountability.

I transferred my loans after my first semester to another lender. The new lender was professional and just normal! This company is horrendous. Even the comments they post here sound like they are either drunk or again abusive and bad tempered.

Loan sharks will be audited and held accountable now. Especially ones with belligerent aggressive staff like this awful company.

- Mike Saunders

Student Loan
Review #1431810 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1431810.

Georgia Student Finance Commission - Slandering Individuals instead of fixing problems they have caused

You were provided contact information to resolve this with the individuals concerned in a professional manner. This is one instance.

When students pay their loans, they should be treated courteously. Your company failed to do that to many students and you should address that issue properly.

Read

Huh? You should go back to school - your review makes zero sense

WTF are the actual facts and circumstances of your complaint ? You didn't give us a clue, but most experienced adults recognize that people often hate those to whom they are financially indebted.

You should never speak for others ( quote : " There are a lot of other students from colleges all across the state who can attest to similar treatment.

" ) Conversely, yours is the only complaint I've seen here recently. In my experience of many years you are always treated courteously when making a full, timely payment.

Poor customer service
Review #1267822 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Georgia Student Finance Commission - Aggressive and Abusive

I got student loans through Georgia Student Finance Authority when I went to college. They were mostly federal loans but financed through them. I paid my bills on time after the initial grace period after graduation, but I found this student lender to be terrible to work with!

I was an honor's student, on the Dean's list and had got a partial merit scholarship. The rest I took out in loans and paid directly.

The customer service representatives were rude, aggressive and belligerent. They would start the conversation yelling and demanding payment, even if you had paid on time??!! There was no real conversation - it was basically them yelling at you.

I took the abuse for a period of almost 7 years and felt bad the whole time. Finally, I refinanced my loans through another student loan lender. It was the same loan, which I have paid off now, but the lender was polite and straightforward. I did have deferments when I went to graduate school, but I found the new lender to be civilized and professional.

This company should not be allowed to be in service unless they have been audited, completely new staff hired and trained and basically a new transparent and reputable company. Very scary and I think because I was so young at the time and no one in my family had ever taken a student loan out, I was inexperienced and did not fight back when they were so aggressive and gross!

Read

Same experience for me and everyone in our class! Georgia Tech

PublicDiscus

There are a lot of other students from colleges all across the state who can attest to similar treatment.Instead of dealing with the problem, you are choosing to slander a person who you do not even know. You are behaving in a disreputable manner and should be held fully accountable.Student loans are meant to provide students with the opportunity to pay for school. That is it.

@PublicDiscus

Well said!

Jan Manon, it's sad that you go to these extremes when you do not get your way. All you have to do is make good on your promises.

There's no need to bad mouth others when you can't get them to give in to the tantrums you throw when you do not get your way. If any exposing/complaining needs to be done, it needs to be done on you.

You hide behind a fake name to make these bogus posts and people who behave like you need to be stopped. You are now slandering reputable businesses anonymously online and this must be stopped.

@Anonymous

All the negative comments on here sound like the crazy rude people who work there! When I went to Georgia Tech (I am a guy), I found these people to be incredibly obnoxious.

I didn’t stick around and got my loans transferred immediately. These comments are accurate. This lender should be apologizing and cleaning up its act!! Not bullying even more.

Incompetent and should be audited! - Mike S.

View more comments
Tags
I didn’t like
Customer service, Aggressive billing practice, Violence
Poor customer service
Review #1260362 is a subjective opinion of poster.

University Of Phoenix - Waste of My Time and FEDERAL LOANS........But GREAT NEWS... I did get a Large Law Firm to Take My Case for Their LIES, SCAMS, and FALSE HOPE AND PROMISES

I completed my Degree in Human Services in 2015 and I tried to take my State Exam to become a Social Worker and found out that the University is not accredited so I could not take the Exam, So I looked further into this and it seemed as thought many, many other past students have the Exact Same problem. So now here I sit with over $52,000 in Student loans that I cannot pay and all I have is a worthless degree, even one of my State Colleges wont even transfer any credits from this worthless Bachelor Degree.

SO I seen a earlier post of Federal Lawsuit going on in my home state were a Student is Suing the University so I figured I would look for a law firm, and I am EXCITED to say they took my case!!! I did not know that the University has recorded Student/University Conversations since around 2010 so I will have all the proof I need that I was lied to by the University along with all of my emails. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

Finally hopefully some Relief!!! I ENCOURAGE ALL WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED, LIED, OR DECEIVED BY UOP ON THIS POST TO SEEK OUT A LAWYER ASAP!!!!

Read

I finished 2 classes and dropped out, shouldn't they have returned the student loans and just kept the amount for the classes I actually finished? I am about to get wages garnished from US Dept of Ed.

My crazy work schedule is hard to contact the US Dept of Ed. I am hoping someone else has had this issue so I know how to handle it.

JohnLeeBass

HATE THIS FOR-PROFITS! Esp UOP and Capella!UOP = "For-Profit" COMPANY!We students continue to complain (for years!) about dissatisfaction with the instructional (lack of) quality and unacceptable interaction from its faculty.

I found out that even an agency auditor expressed concern stating that it was, "troubling", after having received 1000s of (student) "complaints" over the past years.So, I did a bit of research (below) only adding to my frustration why I enrolled within a FOR-PROFIT (scam) "school" to start. Public and private NON-PROFIT universities offer online education, and are accredited, not under investigation, not scamming its students, are compliant with government (HARKIN'S REPORT, etc.) mandated reporting, etc.2017 Statistics of College Student Graduation Success Rates:- Private “for-profits”: 27% (UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX)- Public: 58%- Private “non-profit”: 65%VIEW:https://www.npr.org/2017/03/27/521371034/how-for-profit-colleges-sell-risky-education-to-the-most-vulnerable

user61612694
$52000
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1211837 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Devry University - No worthy education

Nothing has bee resolved. Only thing that is certain.

DEVRY gave me nothing for an education.

They are coming after me for the student loans they recieved on my behalf. I set with no job and in foreclosure and about to loose my car.

Problems with payment
Review #1210052 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1210052.

University Of Phoenix - HORRIBLE LET DOWN... Completed My degree In Human Service Management and Cannot gain My social Worker License as I was Led to Beleive

Here I am $50K Plus in Debt after completing my BS in Human Service Management, I live in Wisconsin and I see by searching that ALOT of Graduates in my state have the same problem....After Graduation they are unable to take the State Exam to become a Licensed Social Worker even though my entire time and working with what seems to be a different student advisor all the time, they were aware what I wanted to Achieve and told me that I would be able to utilize this Degree to take my State Exam.........WELL I went to sign up for my Exam and come to find out UOP is not accredited in Wisconsin for me to take the Exam so all those years and a boat load of FEDERAL LOANS (FRAUD) I sit with a worthless piece of paper and a ton of student debt that I cannot afford...... I see what I assume is a Past Student is Sueing UOP in the Eastern District of Wisconsin Federal Court, not sure what the case is about but I'm sure it is about what we are all here for, being SCAMMED, So I personally am writing a letter to the Students Attorney Listed on the lawsuit along with the Federal Judge telling my Story........Take a look at the case...The Government does not seem to be doing anything about this so its about time we all bond together and get heard and get this Scamming Institution Shut down or no longer be able to accept Federal Funds.

JohnLeeBass

SUE THEM! Capella University students (me included!) file our class action lawsuit this week!UOP and CAPELLA UNIV (among many others!) need to be shut down!CAPELLA students ('PLAINTIFFS') in this group allege the following ‘complaints’ v.

CAPELLA UNIVERSITY ('DEFENDANT'):1.)Conversion;2.)Breach of contract and misrepresentation;3.)Interference with contractual relations;4.)Unfair & deceptive consumer fraud & enrollment practices;5.)Misappropriation of federal & state allocated ‘student loans’;6.)Improper incentives to its admissions recruiters that has resulted in financial burden and unfair losses among its students and taxpayers;7.)Breach of Implied covenant of food faith, fiduciary duty, constructive fraud & fair dealing; and8.)Unjust enrichment.UOP = "For-Profit" COMPANY!We students continue to complain (for years!) about dissatisfaction with the instructional (lack of) quality and unacceptable interaction from its faculty.

I think that non-profit colleges and universities are the places to enroll. For-profit ones are in it for the money rather than giving students a good education, in my opinion.

This university has lately been advertising on television, which surprised me. i hope that students will not get cheated out of their money.When many are advocating free higher education for those who cannot afford it, this place is at the opposite pole.Be careful,

Tags
  • Human Service Scam
I didn’t like
Huge scam
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1199515 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1199515.

University Of Phoenix - Loan Review

So i went to University of Phoenix from July 2007 to June 2008 (Took my last class). Never thought anything else about it because I went the Devry directly afterwards.

So, i am now ,years later learning that my transcripts are being held because "they say i owe". I have evidence that my federal student loans and grants were disbursed to them in october 2007 and Feb 2008.

Then received one December 2008 They say that while i was in school getting student loans they defaulted. How can that be?

Problems with payment
Review #1019340 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1019340.
1.1

Kaplan College - Review in Education category

Update by user Dec 07, 2016

I'm very outraged!!!! Kaplan needs to do better in informing students of money situations.

Original review posted by user Dec 06, 2016

Started kaplan in January of 2013 was approved for fasfa. I owed was $300 and something dollars which i was on a payment plan $30 a month for like 8 in a half months.

A month later into school they pass out loan papers from direct loan saying fill them out if we dont qualify for financial aid the loan would cover it. I never knew i was approved they didnt pull me in the office no letter are nothing . I graduated no job of course so decided to go back its 2016 and i was told i have 2 loans in default one for $2500 and $5927 never knew never signed didnt touch my hand never got a letter because my fasfa was approved .

Who would do this? Nobody getting nothing from me class action add me please chrataindanielle32@gmail.com

daniellec3932
Problems with payment
Review #967765 is a subjective opinion of poster.

United Law Center - Student Aid

United Legal Center (merchant) is definitely a scam. I was called multiple times by Student Aid to consolidate my student loans.

Initially I agreed and set up payments for the service but was told by the Compliance office that the process would not be finalized until I faxed over my pay stub. I called a week later before the initial withdrawal was to take place on June 3rd, to cancel. The gentleman said that it was cancelled and it would be taken care of in the system. I asked him multiple times on this same phone call was he taking care of it and cancelling everything.

He assured me that it was cancelled. *** no, he didn't cancel anything. On June 3rd, this merchant (United Legal Center) withdrew 100.00 out of my checking account. I realized it on the 6th of June and called the company and demanded my money back.

The manager claims that he did not have any documentation or any calls regarding my conversation with Student Aid. I wouldn't lie and told him such. An email was sent stating that my money was refunded by I will be monitoring my account over the next few days to ensure my money is back in may account.

I despise lying, evil, scamming people and companies. Please, do not get involved with Student Aide or this merchant!!!!

Loss
Review #861154 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer861154.