Rockauto - Bought a starter from you

I bought a starter from you, and it turns out that I don't need it. I want to return it.

I have the box that it came in, but the box was damaged when it arrived . I need to return it for a refund.

HauntingMouse923
Damaged or defective
Review #1381563 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - The worst ever

My father bought a starter, I believe that's what it's called. He never opened it because he noticed it was just a loose wire.

So we went to return the product but we were told that their return policy doesn't allow them to give us our money back. What are we going to do with an unopened product that we do not need?! Store #5562 one of the kids working there was Roman & the other guy Jacob but they wouldn't give last names. Advanced in temple Tx

Y'all should hire ppl who let ppl know when buying "are you aware of our return policy" or something similar to that!

There's no sign in Spanish with your return policy! Since my fathers first language is Spanish.

PleasingPlatypus
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1357093 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - I received the part in a timely manner but it was the wrong part

I ordered a Starter Motor for a 2010 Mercedes E350 4MATIC on 29 August 2018. I was looking to see if there was a difference in the types of starters that you have in stock also whether they are designated for the left or Right side.

After I received the part it was the right part but it is not for the correct side. The Mechanic pulled out the old starter and it didn't match the one ordered.

I am desperately trying to see if there is another version of the same part that you offer to fit my car if not then the listing of parts you have is incorrect. I have been trying to locate a phone number but it doesn't take customer Service calls ever.

WetMastiff
Reason of review
Part doesn't fit car as it stated it would
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1346117 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.2

Advance Auto Parts - Return a part

They are saying I am not in their computer and can't warranty the part till I can prove that I got it from them.

SvelteNumbat
Warranty issue
Review #1339439 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Where do I send the defected part too

The starter not working properly

WhichBlackbird454
Damaged or defective
Review #1329400 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.6

Advance Auto Parts - Starters that only last weeks

Store number 08804, today i called and talked to shaw regarding a starter i purchased in april with a limited life time warranty. The starter broke in half back in july, i exchanged it, the replacement starter just broke the end of the housing off completly again.

Called and talked to shaw about getting a refund for the starter, he said no way and he might be able to give me a store credit. I am just trying to get a refund on the faulty desig ed starters they sell and get one from napa. I called corpriate and they refused to do anything other than call the store and ask him to exchange it! I dont want to be jacking my car up every couple weeks and replacing the starter since that is not fun to do.

Meanwhile i have spent over $5000 on parts at a seperate advance here in groton ct. I feel like a $170 refund for having spent 5k at advance is not asking much at all!

Very very displeased with slthe store(08804) in new london and will not do business with them again! At this rate maybe i should just take all my business elsewhere

Read

Their warranty states that if its defective they will replace it. I am surprised they even offered you a store credit as its not policy. I agree that some of their stuff is not up to par but policy is policy.

TrivialCarp
@Mechanic

Corpriate said they will usually do a full refund when the product has been replaced 4 or 5 times, who is going to replace their starter that many times before realizing its a junk starter? The store also said I was not shimming it properly so they wouldn't honor the warranty, even though it's sold as an oem fitment starter that is sold without shims.

@TrivialCarp

They usually don't supply shims with the starters(usually chevies require shims and some others)and some starter manufacturers do give your shims and you have to use your old ones or buy new, BUT if your original starter did not need shims then you should not need them for a replacement starter. Good luck, hopefully if you keep pursuing it you will get your money back.

TrivialCarp
Starter
Review #1325511 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Summit Racing Equipment - Shame on you summit racing liars and thieves

My 18 year old son ordered a starter for his 89 mustang 5.0 automatic transmission costing him180 dollars for a powermaster high torque starter that's a lot of grass cutting and a lot of money for him. Summit sent him a standard transmisson stick shift) starter he tried to install it than quickly noticed it wouldn't fit summit told him to return it at his cost than would not sent correct starter saying because he tried to install it was used and that if he paid a restalk fee and shipping back another 40$ they would sent him the starter back that is useless to him costing total250$.

Shame on you folks at summit liars and thieves.

Jared Jessey. Jenkins KY

Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1307831 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1307831.
1.3

Rockauto - Incorrect starting motor

I purchased a starting motor for a 2013 kia sorento. The starter looked the same and bolted up the same.

The engine would not turn. Turns out the starter has only 8 teeth. The original part has 10 teeth. Rock auto will not refund my money.

The new starter i purchased did not mention how many teeth. Other starters for this vehicle mention 8 teeth.

Not as described
Review #1273889 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1273889.
2.5

Rockauto - I did not get a response!!!!!!!!!!!

No response. I got a starter from you guys for a 2012 sonata 2.4L.

Part# on the starter is36100-2G200. Parts# on parts# on paperwork is 576-0090.

My mechanic says its the wrong starter. IS IT

NotableHaddock840
Not as described
Review #1248092 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Napa Auto Parts - New parts suck

I have a nice redone 1966 gmc truck it had a bad flywheel when I got it put a new onw from napa and bought a brand new starter because everything else was new .when I left with the starter I left my old one there big mistake put first new starter in the bolts that hold the solenoid in were tight but end cap still lose so wouldnt work took it back got anouther new one it took two full packs of shimms and would start every time I went and talked to the guy that I had been dealing with I told him I was going to bring the second one back and just get a rebuilt one he tells me how much it is and15.00 for a core if I dont have ove I told him I did I left it with him when I got first starter well you didnt need to leave one with a new starter but I did not after of only one day of using second syarter the whole nose broke off now its not even good for a core never put napa parts on my 17 vehicles again

SolidScallop
Damaged or defective
Review #1230688 is a subjective opinion of poster.