I was cleaning my last piece of equipment and it was around 9:50p.m. We close at 10. A lady walked up and asked me if we were closed. I was nice to her and said," No we are not. How can I help you?"

She said that she needed a few cold cuts. I said,"okay let me just rinse this off for you b/c there is soap all over it." She says , "Well can I just tell you what I want and then come back and get it?" I said sure Let me just get ..... and before I knew it she told me "NEVER MIND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HELP ME THEN I WILL JUST GO AND COMPLAIN TO YOUR MANAGER!"

She had stormed off before I could even finish my sentence. I was going to say, "Let me just get a pen so I can write this down so I won't forget."

The next thing I know she came with my manager and he asked me to slice her stuff for her. I just had a big grin on my face and said,"I sure can." and then she said,"That's what I thought!" It ended up that she told my manager that I rolled my eyes at her and that I refused to help her.

Oh well the crazy *** just needs to go take some prosaic to help her with her attitude.

Comments

It's amazing how many people here compain about the lousy customer service they receive from retail employees as to how they lie, roll their eyes and even refuse to help when asked. There are those of you who don't know how to say PLEASE or THANK YOU.

You walk up to the service counter and DEMAND. You have no consideration at closing time and make us dirty a slicer to cut a 1/4 lb. of ham and cheese and never mind saying THANK YOU because you feel that as a customer you're special.

You are special and I thank you for shopping with us, but rudeness will get you nowhere fast. We all know who you are!

A really similar thing happened to me at one of my old jobs. This woman came to me and was paying for something with a mall gift card.

But that card happens to be extremely sh*tty and we have to enter the exact amount there is on the card if there won't be enough to cover the whole purchase. So I got into this habit of asking people if they know there is enough to cover or not. I did the same for this woman and she had a hissy fit and started yelling at me, telling me it's none of my business. Then called my manager and told her I rolled my eyes at her and was rude.

I quit a week later. Customers like her pissed me off.

Just know, you're not alone :)