Scooter Review

4.7

Price, delivery, and overall experience was good after receiving my sons 50cc I took it to a shop that put it together for $75 bucks, but i recommend paying the $149 to have it come assembled already on the website. With all the bad reviews and complaints, my experience was

Pricing issue
Review #987144 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Q9 PowerSports - Campus cruiser

I purchased a campus cruiser moped from Q9 sports a couple of months ago and had it shipped to my house. It arrived in a few days.

The moped would not start or idle right out of the crate. I called Q9 in Madison, WI and asked what to do. They had me try a few things, but nothing solved the problem. Finally they said I should bring to the dealership for them to look at.

However, they said that I would have to pay for them to look at it. I argued with them and said that it hasn't run right out of the crate and they have a responsibility to sell me a working product. I talked with three different people and were told the same answer, which by the way is incorrect and illegal in all 50 states. The dealership has to provide me with a working product or they are obligated to fix it or replace it.

I was only asking them to fix it. I finally had a local mechanic look at it and fix it. So.... buyer beware with this organization.

I wouldn't buy any product from them. They do not stand behind their products or sales.

Not to mention that they lie and deny any responsibility for selling a working product that is brand new. Don't buy from them unless you are able to fix your own mechanical problems.

I find it hard to believe it would not START right out of the crate, they are tested before shipping from the factory, nothing is going to prevent starting when it's delivered unless; 1) You forgot to add clean FRESH gas, mnot last year's chainsaw gas and top the oil up properly. 2) made sure the usually red slider engine cutoff switch on the handlebar was in the ON/RUN position 3) Made sure the sparkplug wire was ON the plug and tight 4) charged the battery fully

If you are buying a Chinese scooter it should be assumed you WILL have to learn how to do your service and repairs yourself, it's not rocket science!

View more comments (1)
Bad quality
Review #935101 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer935101.

Scooter Review

I am not happy, I've had nothing but problems with my scooter I purchased in September 2015 and I'm still having problems with it. I feel like I've been ripped off.

I will refer any one to buy anything from powersportmax. Powersportmax is a scam. I bought a new scooter, but I've haven't had the chance to to ride one.

Sincerely Yours. Clarence.mccallum@gmail.com

Richmond, Virginia
Bad quality
Review #907918 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer907918.

Saferwholesale - 800W Bug electric motor scooter with no instructions for assembly among other issues

3.4

We bought this scooter online. It arrived 2 days earlier than expected.

I was so excited. Unforunately it came with no instructions. 85% assembled and we had to figure out the 15% ourselves. The end bolt for the front wheel was missing.

The charger was a dud! Wouldn't charge. I had to go online and purchase a 48V charger. Since there were no instructions we couldn't get the seat to open to connect the battery cables.

It was a nightmare. Customer service was useless. The guy who answered was very rude to my boyfriend. I am happy with the scooter now that we have it running.

I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone. It was one road block after another with no help from the website.

Redwood City, California
Scooter
Pros
Shipping, Price
Cons
Disassembled product, Customer lack of response service, Parts missing, Defective parts
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
to let other people know this company is not there to help
Review #854188 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer854188.

Scooterdepot - Not really pissed

4.0

I purchased 2 scooters from scooter depot in 2013. They came in metal crates only partially assembled (as expected) just as they are shipped from China. The purchaser is not buying from a dealer where they assemble the bike and test everything, you take on this responsibility. I'm handy with tools so I was able to assemble both in 3-4 hours and all of the electronics worked fine. I had to tune the carburetors and adjust the idle, but again, this was expected. Don't buy from them if you expect to roll it off the delivery truck and go for a cruise, you need to (or need someone) to do this work. Also make sure to tighten all bolts, even the ones that should be torqued down. I don't trust the assembly work of Chinese children. As of today, I'm perfectly happy and both scooters are running fine. One has 2500 kilometers and the other has 1700.

As for the title and state registration: they provided a certificate of origin (from China) with VIN numbers. I was able to take these to the DMV and apply for a new title no issues. One problem is that the insurance companies can't decipher the VIN numbers or brands, so they insured them with a generic rate.

Cheers.

rollo2016

You are probably one of only ten people in the whole Chicago area who can assemble something. Most people in Chicago are clueless when it comes to not only mechanical ability but much of anything else except offing each other on a daily basis.

Chicago, Illinois
Scooter
Pros
I had 2 parts replaced under warrenty, Customer service was prompt
Cons
Speedometer was in kilometers instead of miles
Fair pricing
Review #827821 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer827821.