100% full
Additional Fees

I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D. Urbina, D/B/A KDB REMODELING & HANDYMAN SERVICES to demolish current garage and build a new cinder block garage for the amount of $24890. The agreement was that the garage would be complete within 4-6 wks. My parents gave him a total of $10k. Jose had asked for another $4k.

By this time my husband and I had stepped in. We spoke with Jose and told him he was not going to be given any more money until we saw progress in the project. He was upset and adamant that we give him more money. Since we refused, he said the project would take another 4 weeks to complete because he had no funds. During the duration of the project Jose would not show up to work on my parents garage. The project would be halted. The worst part of all is that the foundation wall was poorly done. They had two different contractors come out and assess the wall. They both gave a proposal on recommendations and opinions. The contractors had said based on their work experience the job had been poorly done, therefore, the foundation wall would have to be torn down and rebuilt.

On 8/28/16 we asked Jose for a meeting. We had agreed to end the contract because we saw no progress and because of his poorly done work. We explained how we felt and he agreed to terminate the contract. We also explained to Jose that we wanted 70% of the money returned to my parents. Everything that was said orally was also given to him in writing with my parent’s signature. The letter also explained that we expected the refund within 5 business days and if he failed to do so we'd make a complaint with the department of consumer services. Jose had agreed to give us his calculations on material expenses by Wednesday, 8/31/16.

Wednesday came and we didn't hear from him. My husband called him the next day Thursday. He said he'd return his call and never did.

On 9/18/16 he finally decided to meet, under the advise of his "accountant" and gave us a bogus story about him being in the hospital. We've all heard that story before. Poor him, he said he couldn't be dealing with stress, boo hoo. But my parents who are elderly can and should.

He basically blamed his worker Cesar. It's been a blaming game for Jose. He also went as far as to call Cesar a "liar". Jose said that it was Cesar's fault that the wall was not done properly. So nothing got fixed.

We asked him for an itemized bill which was all made up. Jose said he was not going to refund any money back. According to him, even though he admitted the wall was poorly done, it was money he had spent. So too bad for my parents. It's their loss in other words.

We are pursuing this further. Filing a police report and taking him to court. We have lots of pics to show proof of his garbage work. In the pictures you can see that he did not even use the proper material to build the wall. Professional contractors who know what they are doing DO NOT work like this. I also added pics of what my parents garage looked like before this man put his hands on it. Plus we have the proposals of the other contractors to show that it is garbage! PLEASE BE WARNED! Do not do any business with this thief. Yes, I call him a thief because he took $10K from my parents for a job poorly done.

I'd like to add that he also d/b/a Urbina's Painting & Drywall. The only reason my husband found him was because he did a reversal on the phone number.

Review about: Building Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I want a reimbursement for the wall that was poorly done. Now my parents have to use money out for their pocket to get it properly redone. .

I didn't like: He is an imposter who pretends to be a professional, He is not an honest man, He abuses of the elderly, He is not a leader, He blames his workers for the poor jobs done.

Had an Experience with Other Company?

Comments