THIS GUY IS A SCAM ARTIST. HE IS A THIEF. NOT EVEN A REAL CONTRACTOR. PLEASE BE WARE IF HE IS TRYING TO SELL YOU SOMETHING OR DO SOMETHING FOR YOU. IF YOUR A BUSINESS PLEASE THINK TWICE ABOUT HIRING HIM. HE HAS BEEN KNOWN TO STEAL TOOLS AND STEAL FROM CUSTOMERS. ALL AROUND BAD DUDE. STAY AWAY FROM HIM. HE STOLE FROM MY FATHER AND I AND ALSO KNOWN FOR SAYING {{Redacted}}. THIS GUY IS VERY CREEPY.. STAY AWAY AND BEWARE.. WHAT EVER YOU DO PLEASE DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE HIM MONEY UP FRONT. HE WILL STEAL AND NOT COME BACK..

ANOTHER COMPLAINT: https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/comments/2iqbqa/contractor_scam_alert/

Want /r/Atlanta to know - do NOT accept any bids for home projects from Mark Lovell of Fayetteville. He has over $15k of my money, and has left me with partially finished rooms. He has stopped returning texts, phone calls, and emails.

The project to update my kitchen, master bath, half-bath, and replace carpet with hardwoods started mid-July, and it was supposed to take 4-6 weeks. Over two months later and I am left with two partially done bathrooms, a gutted kitchen, and incomplete flooring.

I am a divorced mom of three, and we have been without a kitchen for 8 weeks! At first he would show up for a few hours a day, and he managed to finish most of my hardwoods and tile flooring in kitchen. Then he started showing up less and less. When he missed the August 31st completion date, he emailed me a 2.5 week completion schedule - but missed it on the very first day. That was September 6. I saw him once in September, and then received the exact same schedule on October 1st, but have not seen him or heard from him since.

Ugh. I feel like such an idiot! He was recommended by a neighbor who is a general contractor, and has used him before - and I still got scammed.

Now I need to figure out how to get my money back, as well as get a quote for someone else to finish the project. It is extremely stressful, and will end up costing way more than I expected to spend. :(

More Details/Update: I sent him a certified letter on Tuesday morning. Although, as of Wed night it was not yet delivered. I submitted a complaint to the BBB and also to the GA Board of Contractors. I have also contacted the reporter who posted below.

Another Update: Jessica came over Saturday, and then she talked to Mark on Sunday. Here is the link to the article: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-says-contractor-hasnt-completed-work-she-pai/nhhKX/ It won't stay up long, so if anyone can grab the video for me, that would be great. Since that aired, Mark texted me and kind of apologized. He says he will call me at 10am tomorrow. I really hope he does, but I am very doubtful.

Review about: Remodeling.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments