1.4

Budget Rvs Of Texas - Cheats

This company sold us an RV that they has just covered up holes in walls with decorations. A snake came in on our first camping trip.

Called Jay or Joy the service manager 5 times with no call back. When I went there he smelled like he had gone on a 2 hour break and drank the whole time.

The service department smelled like marijuana... DON'T GO THERE

Read

That’s terrible - that’s quite a story - no one should have to go through what you did - And we want to possibly discuss - These matters should never occur - and - we would like to reach you to help - as we’re part of a local tv media documentary - I can be reached directly at 310-923-4807. Hope to hear from you soon - thank you, Grey

6680 Interstate Hwy 30, Royse City, TX 75189, USA
Rv
Review #1466240 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1466240.

Lazydays Rv Center - Hide defects and prey on novice buyers.

Update by user Feb 03

I got a call back from their location. Said sorry the salesperson didn't call back.

Said will either fix my camper or offer another unit.

If this is the case, then they will get 5 stars. I hope they take more time in the future looking over their used units to make sure more than the heater and fridge works.

Original review posted by user Jan 29

I found a used camper online. Contacted sales and they dropped price right away.

Should have been my first clue. Looked at the camper. Salesman Kevin was low pressure. Said all used campers are checked over and defects fixed or noted.

Also said camper came with full LP tank. I get the camper home to clean and stock and discover this horrible leaking around the fridge. If it is true that their service department looks over campers how could they have missed this huge problem?

The very next morning i call and the answer is tough, my problem now. What should i expect, its used.

Well i didn't expect to dump hundreds into it to find the souce of this leak.

The deal is done and I am the sucker they dumped a lemon camper on.

klupa
Lazydays Rv Center Verified Representative

Thank you for your updated feedback. If you have any additional concerns please contact Jason Olson, Sales Manager, at jolson@lazydays.com to set up a time to discuss. Sincerely, Sarah Geter, Customer Experience Specialist.

SolidAngelfish
8390 US-10, Ramsey, MN 55303, USA
Damaged or defective
Review #1459839 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.3

Bretz Rv And Marine - Looking to Purchase used motorhome.

I was told that the Motorhome was being sold as is, so they would not allow me to check to make sure anything worked. Couldn’t turn on heater, refrigerator or even the lights.

I understand as is but I should be able to check items that can be checked to make sure they work. I was told I couldn’t because if they did work, my expectation would be that those items would still be working upon delivery.

Never heard of anything like this, I wasn’t asking them to spend money to inspect the item. Needless to say I will not be back!

ConvolutedMantaRay
Damaged or defective
Review #1457889 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Camping World - Worst dealership to purchase or have repairs done.

Went to CW on *** Pond Road to order a camper. Was given a price and options on a paper.

Came back to order unit and they added $1,700 to the price we had agreed on. Told us new manager could not sell it for that,. Was told the king bed could be cut down to fit a queen mattress, when we went to pick the unit up they said they couldn't do that. Ordered two individual Lazy Boy recliners (have the paper with the options and everything we ordered).

When we went to pick it up it had theater seats instead of individual recliners. Offered to pay for shipping to send this back and they said NO that the unit did not come with individual recliners after it was checked and priced on the order sheet. Said they would order us two individual recliners for over a thousand dollars. So what were we suppose to do with the theater recliners that were in the unit.

Now we are stuck with a king mattress we can't use and theater recliners that we do not want. Worst company we have ever purchased a travel trailer from. Company would not compromise.

Service department ruined our other unit and kept it for months. Damaged the side of our other unit but finally fixed it after months.

Read

We will never purchase another camper from Camping World. Disappointed in not getting what we ordered and was told the factory would not let us have the two recliners we had ordered after the unit came it had theater recliners in it.

They would not compromise and give us what we ordered.

They should have notified us that we could not have the recliners BEFORE THEY SENT THE CAMPER FROM INDIANA. WE WOULD HAVE CANCELLED THE ORDER.

RVs and trailer type things are the single most oft griped about big ticket items appearing on this website. Seems there are two happy days in the life of an owner ; the day you cut the deal and the day you cut your losses and dump the thing for good.

UnitedGopher
Order processing issue
Review #1453141 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Camping world salesman and account manager will lie,lie and lie to you

Bought a new toyhauler from Camping world Hamburg ny for $19000 plus tax. When we finally took a close look at the paper work a month later (went on a cross country trip ),they added in $7000 that we never agreed to.

The trailer ended up costing us over $30,000 ,we verbally turned down all the extras, but they put them in anyways.

They screwed us good. All buyers beware (READ THE CONTRACT BEFORE SIGNING )!!!

AbashedRaccoonDog548
Pricing issue
Review #1415073 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Buyers BEWARE of CAMPING WORLD

Buyers BEWARE of Camping World. In my attempt to upgrade my RV I received delivery of what looked like scratch and dent RVs with multiple issues despite paying $743 for the America Choice RV, Camping world dealership to "prep" the units.

This happened 3 times. As the dealer ran down my credit, I ended up having to pay an extra 5000+ in finance charges.

After contacting Corporate, the deal got worst. STAY AWAY!

Damaged or defective
Review #1410370 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1410370.

General Rv Center - Can't get things right

Well, the folks at General RV promised they will make things right and did not come through for me so if you are planning an RV purchase then keep driving and do a very thorough research on the dealer and their service post sale, why post sale ?, because pre-sale they will promise anything to get you to sign and once the money has been deposited in their account then you become a nuisance to them, as simple as this.

Sorry about being blunt but Reality is absolute, also if you do not buy your RV from the Local Fleetwood dealer ( or closest to you) the warranty department feels NO loyalty to you or your RV ( even if they are an authorized dealer ) and will give you an appointment that is 4-5 months out stating that they give priority to their customers ( but if you are willing to pay for the repairs or warranty work) they will take it in tomorrow ( Holiday RV sales in Las Cruces NM.

Folks, the reality of it is this: RV's are in very high demand in this country so the manufacturers are throwing them together without even and exit inspection from the factory and letting the dealers complete the work and since most have only a year of warranty and are used very seldom then most of the repairs are done by the owners as they usually pop out when you are on the road and far from a dealer, and when you are close to one then unless you pay them in advance for any work ( including warranty work ) then you will not be given the time to even look at your problem.

I have rented RV's in Europe and this summer I was very skeptical about being given a brand new on for two weeks ( Chausson 7 meter class A) and to my surprise it was an extremely well built RV and nothing gave us any problems for the two weeks and su;er economical to run, My wife and I are figuring purchasing an European RV and bringing it here and not worrying about the warranty since it's better to have something that does not break rather than a worthless warranty.

Conclusion: Don't buy an RV unless the Manufacturer sells it to you personally, go to the factory and make sure they put it together well, there are still some good RV Manufacturers and you should look at as many reviews as possible and when you see a bad review then inquire about how they resolved the situation and insist on verifying the story with the coach owner and if you are given the story that that information is confidential then turn around and don't walk away but run away as the way they treated this customer will be the way you are treated and you will feel frustrated and taken advantage of and DO NOT purchase an extended warranty as very few dealers will want to do the work and once something happens on the road then the dealer you take it too will most likely tell you that the extended warranty is only valid where you purchased it but if you pay them cash they will do the work, it's all just a big scam.

rather than purchase , Rent, it might sound expensive but it's not considering that your first three to five years of rental expense will be the equivalent in money as your first year depreciation alone , the RV industry has the largest near new inventory of used units from all those poor souls that purchased one on impulse alone and are not able to use it like they would like to.

Good Luck and do your Homework.

Read

Just an FYI it is against privacy laws for a dealer to give their customers' contact info to outside parties. Would you want your car dealer giving your personal contact info to any random person shopping around?

Warranty issue
Review #1410266 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1410266.
1.9

BUYER BEWARE! Don’t buy from Monte or Camping World of Ida

BUYERS BEWARE! I purchased a used toy hauler from this Camping World about a month ago and was told “everything works” on the camper by my salesman Monte.

I came 7 hours to buy this camper and again was assured it had been “gone through” and checked and everything works. When I arrived they basically had not even looked at it and then winterized it before I could check anything. I “dewinterized” it only to find it leaked profusely, which they did fix. I was unable to check many other items as they made sure to “run out of time” as they were closing.

There are a multitude of other items that don’t work including the generator, propane lines, leaking shower, etc. Their idea of a detail was some tire shine. The inside of this camper was nasty, it took 5 cleanings with simple green to get the bathroom floor to not come back black on the towel. The rest is the camper was equally as filthy.

I had been there since 9AM. They knew I had a 7 plus hour drive back and thought they would get away with selling a camper that they said that everything worked on when it didn’t and was filthy. Very disappointing. They have since said they would do something but it was all just lip service.

Be sure if you experience this same situation, inform who financed it so Camping World will lose their ability to finance campers and stop these unethical sales practices. Shame on you Monte and Camping World.

PrizePurpleEmperor604
Damaged or defective
Review #1404695 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Camping World - Bad RV.

Bought rv in February this year and was in shop half of the time I have owned it. Talked me into purchase another one and it is in shop did not even get it home the day we purchased.

Very bad one rv leaks water bad and the other needed work on truck part. Was thinking I was getting something better. They make you sign as is even on new units that way they are not responsible even if it is brand new. Mention lawyer and they shut up.

You can not win with these money hungry people.

I just want them to make it right with all they have. They need to work with customers in a better fashion to make it right.

Bad quality
Review #1395055 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1395055.

Forest River - Very poor workmanship and custermer service

Bought a 5x12 lawn trailer back in June on a Saturday at the dealer we had a problem With the lights took a couple hour and finally I said I would take care of it at home Well Sunday took it out to a friends house want to make a spare tire rack for it on the way out of town the lights still was not working after getting them to work that morning so I stop and pick up *** new set when going through the trailer lights we found they did not clean out the burs on the steel piping the wire went though called the manufacture about it they said they would get back in touch with I have call about 5 times now never heard back from them Now 4 month later I had some rack made for it and found out that how ever made the trailer did not know how to used a tape reassure and the paint is flaking off of it all over the place

TastyZebra
Damaged or defective
Review #1387333 is a subjective opinion of poster.