General Rv Center - Unhappy Camper

1.8

We bought a new motorhome class A and been nothing but a headache. We couldn’t go on vacation with it. We went and rented a room for a week of our vacation

The motor home is back at the dealership for over a week now

We can not get any updates from their service department

Bad quality
Review #1582353 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1582353.

America Choice Rv - Very very dishonest

Worst experience I have ever had buying a high ticket item. This dealership was extremely dishonest.

We traded an RV that had water damage and mold, which made me sick. Had to sleep on a mattress on the floor at my son’s house for months while we shopped for a new RV. We fully disclosed problems with our RV, and told them I had been sick from mold exposure and needed a unit that had never had water damage. There was a used DRV on the lot that we liked, it was reasonably priced and we asked if there was anything wrong with it.

They said absolutely nothing; we inspected for any water damage the best we knew how and didn’t find any, slept in it 2 nights to see how I would do and had no reaction.

We bought it, and within two weeks I was sick again. Then we discovered water damage in a slide and black mold. Then found even worse water damage in the bunk area. We were able to connect with the previous owner, as his email address had been left on the apps on the smart TV in the unit.

He said he had traded it due to water damage, and the dealership knew full well of all issues. He said it then sat on their lot for seven months, some of the rainiest months we’ve had in recent history, and soaked up another few gallons. So they knew it had all kinds of water damage, they knew I had been sick from mold exposure and needed something dry, but they lied and sold it to us anyway. I wouldn’t do that to my worst enemy.

Shame on them. I’m back on the floor at my son’s house.

Ocala, Florida
Damaged or defective
Review #1536041 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Camping World - I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to go through having to get a camper through them

They have lied cheated and sold me a lemon *** camper

District 5, Mississippi
Bad quality
Review #1529557 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Total Joke! Do not purchase your RV from Camping World - Manassas

I purchased a 2019 Class A RV with Camping World and my refrigerator stopped working a few weeks after I purchased the RV. I placed the RV in the shop in October 2018 and it is May 2019 and they still do not have any answers for me.

The employee turnover is insane and the customer service is the absolute worst that I have ever seen in my entire life. This place is a total joke and the sad thing is that everyone working there knows it.

I placed my tralier there in October 2018 for repairs and they still have it. Just finally found out yesterday that even though the parts have been in since February, it still hasn't been touched May 15th 2019

Gainesville, Virginia
Tags
  • Very Unhappy With Camping World
Pros
First 2 hours when we cut the deal
Poor customer service
Review #1526578 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Camping World - Stay away!!!

This place is the worst place to do business. They sold a camper that was defective.

Heater, gas smell that terrible could not stay in it. A lot of other things were wrong with it. They don't care about the consumer. Good by to bad rubbish.

And the good Sam's insurance. Sucks too.

Damaged or defective
Review #1517674 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1517674.

Flagg Rv - LOUSY OWNER

I am not able to leave negative rating so they are lucky they are getting one star.

I AM THANKFUL FOR KATE AND CHAD. THEY ARE THE ONLY REASON I AM MAINTAINING MY PROFESSIONALISM.

I will say this as nice as possible.

First, it was very disappointing to find out that I was fooled. I have to say Kate and Chad are the only reasons for my satisfaction.

When it was time for delivery of the trailer, the delivery inspection was very poor and as far as deception, I was told the exterior lights would work when plugged in. As being a "NEWBY" to owning a travel trailer, I gave the company the benefit of the doubt.

The dealership replaced the battery with a so called "NEW" battery, but came to find out it was just recharged.

I took trailer home on a Thursday after noon and all "SEEMED" well. When I was preparing for my first trip, (6 days later) I found several lights still not working, which included the brake and tail lights.

I am going to give a scenario, if I took their word and did not check everything before I left and I took their word, I would have been traveling down the highway, not knowing there was an issue. I feel this put me and my family in a VERY unsafe position.

So moving on,

When I returned to the dealership to have the issue fixed, it had been discovered the entire electrical system had a short.

I was told I would be able to talk to the owner at any time I was dissatisfied. I feel this needed to be brought to his attention.

I have left several messages for Steve Flagg, who is useless and seems to only care about the cash in his pocket.

Still Five days and several messages, he has avoided any attempts to call. This proves how much he actually cares for his customers.

I would not allow my sales staff to lie and deceive the customers.

I will never recommend this company and I will be blasting their lousy sales staff and ownership of how useless they truly are.

I will never recommend, nor will I ever give them anymore business. I will only state my experience and how lousy this company is. I will make sure I reach out to as many sources as possible to let them Know of my experience. I will be writing many reviews.

Uxbridge, Massachusetts
Tags
  • Horrible Place
Pros
Kate and chad in service
Cons
Deception, Owners avoidance
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
WE WILL FIGURE IT OUT
Review #1510427 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Budget Rvs Of Texas - Cheats

1.4

This company sold us an RV that they has just covered up holes in walls with decorations. A snake came in on our first camping trip.

Called Jay or Joy the service manager 5 times with no call back. When I went there he smelled like he had gone on a 2 hour break and drank the whole time.

The service department smelled like marijuana... DON'T GO THERE

That’s terrible - that’s quite a story - no one should have to go through what you did - And we want to possibly discuss - These matters should never occur - and - we would like to reach you to help - as we’re part of a local tv media documentary - I can be reached directly at 310-923-4807. Hope to hear from you soon - thank you, Grey

Royse City, Texas
Rv
Review #1466240 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1466240.

Lazydays Rv Center - Hide defects and prey on novice buyers.

Update by user Feb 03

I got a call back from their location. Said sorry the salesperson didn't call back.

Said will either fix my camper or offer another unit.

If this is the case, then they will get 5 stars. I hope they take more time in the future looking over their used units to make sure more than the heater and fridge works.

Original review posted by user Jan 29

I found a used camper online. Contacted sales and they dropped price right away.

Should have been my first clue. Looked at the camper. Salesman Kevin was low pressure. Said all used campers are checked over and defects fixed or noted.

Also said camper came with full LP tank. I get the camper home to clean and stock and discover this horrible leaking around the fridge. If it is true that their service department looks over campers how could they have missed this huge problem?

The very next morning i call and the answer is tough, my problem now. What should i expect, its used.

Well i didn't expect to dump hundreds into it to find the souce of this leak.

The deal is done and I am the sucker they dumped a lemon camper on.

klupa
Lazydays Rv Center Verified Representative

Thank you for your updated feedback. If you have any additional concerns please contact Jason Olson, Sales Manager, at jolson@lazydays.com to set up a time to discuss. Sincerely, Sarah Geter, Customer Experience Specialist.

Ramsey, Minnesota
Damaged or defective
Review #1459839 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bretz Rv And Marine - Looking to Purchase used motorhome.

2.3

I was told that the Motorhome was being sold as is, so they would not allow me to check to make sure anything worked. Couldn’t turn on heater, refrigerator or even the lights.

I understand as is but I should be able to check items that can be checked to make sure they work. I was told I couldn’t because if they did work, my expectation would be that those items would still be working upon delivery.

Never heard of anything like this, I wasn’t asking them to spend money to inspect the item. Needless to say I will not be back!

Missoula, Montana Province
Damaged or defective
Review #1457889 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Camping World - Worst dealership to purchase or have repairs done.

Went to CW on *** Pond Road to order a camper. Was given a price and options on a paper.

Came back to order unit and they added $1,700 to the price we had agreed on. Told us new manager could not sell it for that,. Was told the king bed could be cut down to fit a queen mattress, when we went to pick the unit up they said they couldn't do that. Ordered two individual Lazy Boy recliners (have the paper with the options and everything we ordered).

When we went to pick it up it had theater seats instead of individual recliners. Offered to pay for shipping to send this back and they said NO that the unit did not come with individual recliners after it was checked and priced on the order sheet. Said they would order us two individual recliners for over a thousand dollars. So what were we suppose to do with the theater recliners that were in the unit.

Now we are stuck with a king mattress we can't use and theater recliners that we do not want. Worst company we have ever purchased a travel trailer from. Company would not compromise.

Service department ruined our other unit and kept it for months. Damaged the side of our other unit but finally fixed it after months.

We will never purchase another camper from Camping World. Disappointed in not getting what we ordered and was told the factory would not let us have the two recliners we had ordered after the unit came it had theater recliners in it.

They would not compromise and give us what we ordered.

They should have notified us that we could not have the recliners BEFORE THEY SENT THE CAMPER FROM INDIANA. WE WOULD HAVE CANCELLED THE ORDER.

RVs and trailer type things are the single most oft griped about big ticket items appearing on this website. Seems there are two happy days in the life of an owner ; the day you cut the deal and the day you cut your losses and dump the thing for good.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue
Review #1453141 is a subjective opinion of poster.