1.3

NRP Construction - Be wary of this roofing company

disclaimer: DO NOT PAY FOR WORK UNLESS YOU ARE SURE IT WAS COMPLETED.

i hired tony miller to repair/replace my roof-gutter/downspout,soffit/fascia fall of 2018. these buildings had violations.

i paid $6000 and had to cancel the check because he did not complete the work. he refunded $1200. then the city sent me more violation notices to say that the violations still exists. he refunded another $2400.

3 days ago march 13, 2019 there was a storm and shingles blew off the roof and there was a roof leak. since i have a warranty i wanted him to fix his work. he refused. he said i should go thru insurance.

photos he was supposed to take originally he never produced.

i found out later that roofers use google to give an estimate. tony miller never physically went to the houses and got on the roof like he said he did.

i wont be surprised if there was another company that he had and stopped using it cause of so many negative reviews.

rere
Tags
  • Bad Roofer
Fast response
Unethical
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1494696 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.4

Menards - Lifetime warranty pro snap roofing rusting after 8 yrs, won't honor the warranty

I bought the Pro -snap hidden fastener steel roofing, and installed it 8 years ago. It is now rusting at the bottom edge , 1" up from the bottom.

This was a factory cut edge. A rep from Akzo Nobel came to my house, looked at it , and took a cutoff piece I still had.After 6 months of E-mails.

They claim it was not a paint problem, and Akzo Nobel and Midwest Manufacturing refuse to take any responsibility, but state I still have a lifetime warranty. I will keep posting these reviews advising not to purchase anything from Midwest Manufacturing, especially the roofing.

Read

Is the rust only the bottom? A picture would make it easier to determine what might be causing rust issues.

Only in one location makes me think it wasnt cut at the factory. If its on the edges and not through out the sheet, thats usually caused, but cut the metal with a saw, rather than shears.

Unfortunately you really don't have a complaint. I just looked at their warrant for this product and as usual for their products the warranty doesn't cover much.

The warranty doesn't say anything about covering rust. It is just on the paint and then even has a number of exclusions. Manufacturers may claim they have a long warranty just to catch your attention but you really have to take a look at what the warranty covers.

Many times it won't cover the things that are most likely to happen to the product. Be sure to understand what a warranty covers BEFORE you make a purchase, don't wait till you need it.

ThirdSaola
I liked
Wont buy products from them anymore
I didn’t like
Wont honor warranty that made me choose to buy the product
Warranty issue
Review #1493433 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Thumbtack - Report a business that failed to provide a service

Paid $2200 to repair section of roof that was leaking. After repair a week later it rained and we greater leaks, water onto patio.

Text company on numerous occassions and he stated he would come out to look at it. After 2 weeks of promises to come out, i text him to say that if he could not come look at it to please return our money so that we can

Find someone to help us.

He stopped replying to my text and as of today he woll mot answer my text or return my phone call. We lost $2200 and our roof situation is worse.

PleasingHawk
Bad quality
Review #1317532 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Shoddy work and dishonesty

I engaged Clover Drywall, owned by Henry Parrish, to do considerable work inside my house, put up a privacy fence, build a ramp for my wheelchair bound brother and screen in and put a new roof on my back porch. The double gate they put up at the head of my driveway doesn't open and close properly, part of it is warped and it hangs crooked.

Some of the caps on the deck posts they built for the ramp were never fastened and are now warped and the porch roof is leaking. He keeps saying he will come back and fix things, but it's one excuse and lie after another. He had me take out the permit with the city, and now the city tells me because I took out the permit myself he isn't responsible for the work. The electrician he sent over to do the electrical work didn't know what he's doing and now I've got electrical problems.

In addition, my sister grabbed one of the caps by the steps from the deck not knowing that it wasn't attached and fell down the steps. The workers also left trash behind and cigarette butts all over the place.

TruthfulScorpionFish
Reason of review
refusal to fix shoddy work
Review #1307698 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Angies List - Super Siding and Remodeling / Ken Tola

We contracted this companyto do a roofing job on our garage and porch. we signed a contract do do the work.

The night before the job was to begin, Ken Tola calls to say the price must increase $3600. over the original $17,500. This was a deal buster. He claimed he needed extra funds to do work that was actually already in the contract.

we believe his "subs" saw the exprnsive homes in our neighborhood and figured they could gouge us for more money. What a waste of time and energy. He claimed he was a favorite at ANGIE'S LIST. I wont be using that list.

Don't waste your time.

G.L. TRAYLOR

MildCrestedPenguin
Scamming contractor
Bad quality
Review #1236793 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.6

Gutter Helmet - Please be "Aware"

This company subs out all their roofing jobs. The individuals they hire are lacking the necessary skills required for the job.

Total disaster on roof replacement. Took six months to correct problems incurred. Area surrounding house (shrubs) was not protected. Left nails all over the place. Tar spots all over patio.

This company should not be doing roof work other than gutter helmet installations and repairs.

Company offers discounts. Make sure up front they will honor in writing as my discount was not honored.

The company did some gutter and helmet work which was done very professionally. The individuals doing this worked had the skills to complete in a neat and professional manner.

Tags
Gutter & helmet installation
Poor installation-roof
Work Experience or Job Application
Review #1235273 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1235273.

Lowes - Tens of thousands of dollars in damages

Lowe's Has Damaged my roof, cracked my front walk, covered my car in stones, and caused water damage in my home from roof leaks and has even failed city inspections and I currently have an open permit on my home. I signed my first contract with them on august 2, 2017 it is now march 21st 2018.

I paid Lowes in full and there subcontractor placed a lien on my home because lowe's did not pay them because of there failure to install the roof in a good workmanlike manner. The subcontractor exaggerated the lien a committed a 3rd degree felony. (And all of that just scratches the surface).

I have been on News Channel 9 wftv/ abc. (https://www.wftv.com/news/action-9/action-9-investigates-home-improvement-chain-contractor-complaints/695471946) This company is hurting hundreds if not thousands of people they need to be stopped and held accountable

nnjsaccocci_87
Bad quality
Review #1215501 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Angies List - Recommendations were scam artists

I chose two roofers from their recommendations list, and both aggressively pursued an Assignment of Benefits. This is when you sign over your rights to negotiate with the insurance company to the contractor, and the contractor handles the negotiation with the insurance company.

The reality is that you lose all of your rights to warranty, and they usually over bill the insurance company. You’ve taken yourself out of the transaction all together....not a wise choice. I tried to research each company, and it didn’t appear that either company even had an office in Florida. A total scam.

I tried to reach out to Angie’s list to complain, and the email would not go through because it said I was using incorrect symbols? They are clearly not vetting providers, and possibly enabling illegal activity.

DisagreeableMule

The reason scam artist were recommended to you was because they pay Angie's List to promote them. Their referrals and reviews are all based on money.

user32615557
Bad quality
Review #1212917 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rob batemen builder

hired this clown to do a roof after a few months it started leaking he don,t return calls i,ll have to sue him to gets some were.don,t hire this clown.found him on craigslist last time i hire someone from that place.his workers filled my yard with cigarette buts and they played loud music disturbing the neighbors.never showed when he said he,ll be there.if your interested in hiring a *** thats him and his scab workers.hes very unpleasant and yells alot.its taking him months to do a siding job in north syracuse he shows up when he wants

Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1195754 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1195754.
4.0

Thumbtack - Great job

I hire Greater Manson to do my roof and I must say excellent job, the CEO, Leon Neverson was so professional, knowledgeable along with great customer service skills. I would recommend him to any one, great work man-ship, job well done Leon.

I will give a 5 star to this company. sometimes people hire company and it can turn out to be disappointing but with Greater man-son you will be in good hands.

you will expect great job, no scam or have to worry about people running off with your money, you can feel secure. I put mu trust in greater Man-son and at the end I was very satisfied and please.

Good quality
Review #1142662 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1142662.