DON'T HIRE!!!

Update by user Jul 11, 2018

EDWARDS & SONS REMODELING INC...DO NOT HIRE!

Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2018

I needed a tarp put on my roof to stop leaks until I could get a new roof. I had already purchased the tarps. Michael Edwards called to give me an estimate and said it would take him around 2 hours and it was going to be $160. Well, he was the only one that offered to do the job so I said okay. I told him that I had the roof nails. That morning I text him to tell him that I couldn't find the nails. He had just pulled up and said he didn't get my message. So he said he would come back the next day. I offered to pay him $25 since he had to come back.

So, after 1 hour, he calls me and said he will do it that same day afternoon because he didn't want to come back the next morning. When he got here, he put the ladder up, went on the roof, laid the tarp, nailed it down. It took him less than 1/2 hour. I asked him if he was going to put boards down (like he told me when he gave me the price) to secure it and he told me that it didn't need it, the nails would hold it. He charged me $200 for 25 mins. of work, a box of nails, and the $25 I said I would pay him. I looked at him and asked if he felt right about charging me $200 for such little work and he said that anyone else would have charged me the same. I couldn't argue because the work was done.

Well, within the next few days we had heavy winds and rain and all of the corners came up and the other nails are coming up. I called him and texted him 4 times. He won't return my calls. Now, I have a tarp that wasn't put down right, is coming loose, and I'm out $200.

I told him from the start that I was on disability so money was tight. He just saw an older woman who lives alone...so I guess he thought he could take advantage.....which he did! It's people like this that makes it look bad for others in the profession. I will NEVER trust another handyman again!

StraightAlligator
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Review #1298607 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Thumbtack - BEWARE OF CLIFF BANKS

This guy came to fix a leak in my roof. First good rain it leaked again.

So he cane back next rain now still leaking.

I called and texted but now I'm getting ignored. BEWARE HIS NAME IS CLIFF BANKS THIS IS AROUND THE AUGUSTA AIKEN AREA.

Gregsmith4u
Bad quality
Review #1074180 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Thumbtack - Ripped off and bad work

everytime i reach out to him its excuse after excuse. DO NOT USE THEM....BAD NEWS!!!!

I hired prestige Technologies (Miguel almao) and thwy did a roof repair and gave a 1yr warranty and hasn't stood behind the warranty. i dont think they even fixed the problem. everytime i reach out to him its excuse after excuse.

DO NOT USE THEM....BAD NEWS!!!!

Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #951321 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer951321.
1.2K views

American Homes 4 Rent - DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY: they created THOUSANDS in personal property damages

They knew about the leaking roof and covered it up with paint. After I moved in, I found the leaking roof to be so significant.

The ridge vent was to small for the gaps in the roof. They do not tell you that anyone that comes to the property is considered third party. This "Maintenance" *** company did everything but the right thing. They fell through my ceiling and ruined my furniture and personal belongings.

As if that wasn't bad enough, they came back the next day and sprayed drywall mud. texture and paint all over my personal belongings. AH4R did nothing for me. I sued and spent thousands.

They hired three law firms and got the case dismissed. They said they were not responsible. I did everything an upstanding citizen should do including paying my rent every month on time and they did nothing but ignore my 81 phone calls and 76 emails pleading for relief. THEY DID NOTHING!!!

The photos should speak for themselves! "Conservice" is a *** as well. Get your utilities in your own name, do not go through that company! I paid rent for three months and didn't even live there, the water bill and utilities never changed.

"Hundreds"!

You will never get back your full security deposit even if you leave the house in better shape than when you moved in. Please do yourself and family a favor, DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!

I didn’t like
Dishonesty
Poor customer service
Loss
Review #936575 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer936575.
1.8

Roof Repair Review

Hired a man from Thumbtack site. What a mistake!

The absolute worst work, Sloppy, incomplete and a total disappointment. A day later saw the same mans picture on the news where he was charged for theft from a 71 yr old blind lady.

The customer service fron Thumbtack was no better. Better check them out as well before hiring anyone.

Poor customer service
Review #922864 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer922864.

Thumbtack - Repair Review from Houston, Texas

I saw the commercial on tv about thumbtact. Thinking if itrs on air the person coming would be professial.

Jean Travis with leak tech specialist came to remove a satilite dish that was caving in my roof i wanted it fixed so it would not leak in my attic so of course when he got on the roof he said that 5 or 7 of my air vents needed repair the total job coist me $800 with a 5-7 year warrenty. Which im a senior citzen and $800 is not easy to come by of i could not go on the roof to fix so i trusted the guy A few days after the work i was putting some lights on my fence where i had to get on a ladder which gave me a better view of the hi work which was horrible i called him 4 times the 5th time was from my work phone and he answered he agreed to make it right and was to come back on sat august 13th but did not show and called him several more times phone went straight to voice mail.

I know this is not the representan you want for you site. I writing to you just to let you know i feel very taken advantage of katherine washington

I didn’t like
Being taken advantage of
Bad quality
Review #901032 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer901032.