2.1

Warrantech - Very Poor Service

Well after two weeks of trying to get a repair order completed, I have cancelled the dispatch. A rep from National Platinum contacted me today around 6 PM and again after 7 PM.

He said he could get here by 7:45 tonight. I asked him if he had the baking element (part) required to made the repair. He said no he did not. I told him that we had been two weeks getting repair done at no fault of our own and if he could not make the repair tonight then we will make the repair at our expense tomorrow, because we have been given the 'run a round' now for two weeks.

The Model number was provided on first contact with Warrentech and also we offered to provide the part number. Several attempts at getting appointments set had failed.

We strongly suggest that Warrentech not be used for extended warranty purchase on anything!

Email: jlukesmith@aol.com

VelvetyFurSeal116
I didn’t like
Repair scheduling
Loss
Preferred solution
Reemburse for Parts costs $60.00 at once!
Review #1455496 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Homes 4 Rent - Air handler leaking upstairs

Airhandler leaking water out into hallway upstairs. Dishwasher has been leaking the entire time we've lived here.

It took them months to send someone out and the first time they couldn't reproduce the leak so they said it was fine. The second time they came they said it needed to be replaced but it's been a few months and still no word. Sprinklers have been out for a couple years and they sent someone to look at them but they never came back to fix the issue. They seriously need to get their *** together.

If i didn't do my job correctly i would be fired. I think it's time to do an entire overhaul on the company.

Read

Hello MassivePiranha175, Sorry to hear about how you have been treated by your landlord. We are a group of people formerly employed by the Wall Street corporate landlords like American Homes 4 Rent, Invitation Homes, and FirstKey Residential who have come together to share information and tips we gained from working for these companies in an effort to help tenants get fair treatment.

We recently used your complaint as an example of tenant mistreatment in a post we did that talks about how to get repairs performed in a timely manner. If you are still dealing with repair issues, you might find the tips and information helpful. You can find the posting here: https://www.landlordsowetenants.wordpress.com/2018/12/12/tips-to-get-timely-repairs/ If you have questions, please feel free to let us know by leaving a comment at our blog.

Good luck with the rest of your tenancy - we hope the remainder of your lease is better than the start. Landlords Owe Tenants

MassivePiranha175
Order processing issue
Review #1407285 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes - Problem w outside deliver/repair contractor

Store trying to be helpful but outside delivery/repair co refuses to accommodate after 5 appt for a brand new dryer leaking gas.

Read

I hope that if you had any kind of gas leak you would call 911 or your gas company. Gosh, that is dangerous.

Where is the gas leak? Is it in a connection to the dryer, or is the leak within the dryer (you state the dryer is leaking gas)?

If the leak is within the dryer you need to contact the manufacturer of the dryer and have a service person sent out.

It can't be a very serious leak if it hasn't been fixed in 5 appointments. If it were ,you would have been concerned for your safety and had someone else come and fix it.

Repair
Review #1361049 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1361049.

American Homes 4 Rent - Fed up !!!

We have rented from this company for 5 years now and for the most part we handle any issues we need to on our own.. why you ask??

Because if you call then you will probably die faster than they will get someone out to fix it! I had sewage backup in the house and all they could say was .. we will put it out to our contractors! 5 days later no toilets , nothing...

the contractor comes out! 5 days!!!! Last time it took almost two months for them to come out!! Do not rent from this company!!

I can’t wait to get out of here!! And after reading some of these posts I pray that they don’t try to keep my deposit because that would be bad news for them!!!

Order processing issue
Review #1359849 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1359849.

American Home Shield - Worst service ever

Had a leak, they fixed it, but left a hole in the ceiling. Called back to ask them to come back and patch it, was advised "dispatch" would call me back in 4 hours.

Fast forward 4 days, still no call from dispatch. I called again, was blind transferred to some company. Called again and to get another repair and follow up on this one but they said they couldn't open a new repair until the prior one was paid. I tried to explain that they never completed the first repair and I'd pay as soon as it was complete.

Not an option. Ok, I asked to please complete the first repair so I can pay and open a new repair, still waiting.

Bad quality
Review #1306276 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1306276.

Renters Warehouse - Con artist

Repairs where trumped up. Quoting extremely high repairs like needed major things this fix when actually it was nothing major.

Problems with payment
Review #1265088 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1265088.
1.6

Walmart - Cant fix anything right

Sent my xbox controller in to be fix. Came back twice still broke.

So after two months of sending it back to them, they said they would send me a new one. After i returned it a third time and then they will send me a new on.

But i still have to send it back the forth time before that to happen. Walmart is a joke

BurlyCaimanLizard
Bad quality
Review #1262087 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - Don’t use this vendor

I hired a garage door repair agent called 24-7 Garage Door,Inc. He didn’t finish the project, was unwilling to get the necessary parts and won’t return my calls and texts.

Poor customer service
Review #1244256 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1244256.
1.2

Long And Foster Home Warranty - Worst service ever - i've had it with them

I currently have my heat out as i found out my pipes are leaking and are now damaging my floors and carpet. I naturally called them to bring out someone who would fix the heat pump.

He came by and opened it up and found out that i actually had a hydro air system instead. The pipes were leaking really badly and right onto an electric circuit which he turned off but couldn't turn off the water. He actually said he didn't want to force it as he didn't want to be liable for anything. He took pictures and told Long and foster that they needed to send a plumber instead.

This was Friday of last week, 4/20/18. I called and they said they were working on finding a plumber. I kept calling at least 4 times on that day and they kept saying they were reviewing the information and also finding a plumber who could work on this. I asked that they find someone who can at least come and stop the leaks since they were damaging my house, they promised to call back very quickly and had escalated it to an emergency status.

I did not receive a call at all and not even the weekend or Monday. I was trusting that they would have at least provided me with an update by then. I ended up calling at the end of the day only to hear that they had reviewed my case and in fact hydro air systems were not covered. This made me really upset as they had all weekend and all of Monday to inform me of this before i continued sustaining more damage as i would have tried to get someone out over the weekend or at least on Monday.

Even though they had promised to reach out to me, no one ever did. I asked to speak to a manager and no one ever reached out to me. This is the second time i have had issues with them. The last time i waiting on them to fix my heater and it would take almost 2 months for them to approve everything and buy and install a new heater for me.

It was very convenient for them to see how big of a job this was for me and then decided without even calling me that all of a sudden they did not cover it. Buyer beware, this company is not worth the agony of dealing with them especially if it is an emergency. I now have lot of damage to my house when this could have been prevented had they at least reached out to me to let me know they decided to not cover my heater. All of a sudden a company called me on Tuesday, 4/24/18 to schedule to come to check my problem which confused me as they had said they wouldn't cover it, but when i asked if they work with hydro air systems, they said they don't.

So a complete waste of time. You are better off with angieslist or other similar services than having to go through the headache of dealing with long and foster home warranty.

PerfumedAngelfish
Preferred solution
responsibility for damage sustained
Review #1240192 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avalon Communities - Terrible company

They came and fixed my heat and it never worked again

Jeffharrison37
Bad quality
Review #1238442 is a subjective opinion of poster.