Cross Country Home Services - My Sears Home warranty

My Sears Home Warranty number is 99073846. This is an URGENT matter I am a 79 year old lady that needs her medicine refrigerated.

It is unacceptable to have to wait over 1 month for a repair. This is a major appliance this is a necessity for living. I need someone to help me.

My entire refrigerator and freezer is not working. My first service call was on 12/19, my freezer and ice maker were not working, my service order #SCCLCVQX7Z.

The service technician said I needed a new motor, I waited 1 week for a new motor to arrive, then it took another 2 weeks to get an appointment for installation. On 1/9 the service technician installs the new motor and leaves, since he was going back and forth to his vehicle I had no idea that he even left. My freezer and ice maker are still not working and now the refrigerator part is not working either (entire unit not cooling). I called to reschedule and was given an appointment for another 2 weeks out and I was given a new service order # SCCM1WJ9FT.

Why was i given a new service order and why is it showing on the online account my old claim number closed?

The job was never fixed and now i have my refrigerator part not working either. Also he took my old motor, i want my old motor back.

Read

Time to buy yourself a new refrigerator, as repairing kitchen appliances is nowadays a questionable venture at best. The lifespan of appliances, even major ones, is so short, that seldom are they worth repairing, unless you have the ability to do it yourself.

Even then, the cost of parts and components have to be weighed against the cost of a new appliance and the risk of an unreliable repaired appliance. You’ve been duped by a home warranty that claims to handle all of these decisions for you. They do handle them, just not in a timely manner, and not without tremendous angst on your part, and not in a manner that has your best interest in mind. Their best interest is all that is taken into account.

The repair company cannot charge you or the home warranty for the parts—basically all they get paid for us the service fee. It costs too much to go get more parts and try again.

Your fridge is unreliable and you need to cut your losses and cut the home warranty loose (cancel that plan) and go get what you need yourself. It stinks but that is the best way to handle your affairs.

PoshAntelope360
Horrible company rip off
Loss
Review #1446227 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.4

HMS Home Warranty - Inferior service

We moved into a new house and have tried to use the HMS three times:

1. The first time, someone came out to fix the refrigerator (no water or ice). It took 10 days to get someone out. They were supposed to come out between 1 and 5. They came at 6, only after several phone calls from me to make sure they were coming. AND THEY DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM. We called back to reschedule. We are having to wait another week for them to come back.

2. Three electrical outlets didn't work. They did send out an electrician who fixed them.

2. The ventilation fan in the bathroom doesn't work. They put down the work order as a Ventline, which is a brand. (We don't have this brand and I never even heard of it.) They hooked us up with an electrician who I called. He said he didn't work on Ventlines. I called HMS back to tell them we don't have a Ventline. They hooked us up with another electrician and told me he would be out the next day. When I tried to call him, he said he couldn't come out for a week, and asked us what was wrong with our Ventline?

I would not recommend this home warranty service.

BeneficialGreySeal
Customer service, Repair not made, Delay in repairs
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1435076 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Black Hills Energy - Complaint

Black Hills is ripping me off as I write. I have had a repair warranty with black for over a year.

I switched to full replacement a couple of days before the repairman came out. He said they could not find the part for my ice maker. Then gave me permission to purchase a new refrigerator and send in the receipt for a refund. Now they are telling me this was a preexisting situation.

My question is why didn't it show up before the year was over. So now they are offering me $250.00 on a $1500.00 refrigerator. They are calling it depreciation.

A TOTAL RIPOFF. I wish somebody would check this situation out.

ObsoleteAlligator
I liked
Service man
I didn’t like
Dependability of service guard, Difficulty with getting someone to address our issues, Warranty practices
Full refund
Review #1410791 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Warrantech - Terrible

I have a 3yr old refrigerator that leaked and it is still NOT repaired, 3 times the service man has been to my house two of the last times wrong part, my wooden floor is now damaged. Still waiting for the repair to be done and it’s going on 5 months! Each time he comes it’s weeks or a month to come back, absolutely unacceptable!

NosyFieldSpaniel
Bad quality
Review #1410408 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes - Terrible Warranty Repair and Service

Update by user Nov 10, 2018

Researching the repair company Lowe's sent to my home, I found that this company, Active Appliance in Van Nuys, has only a 1 star rating on Yelp. I can't believe that Lowe's would send a terrible company to my home in the first place!!!

Original review posted by user Nov 10, 2018

Lowe's sent an unqualified repair man to my home and then refused to pay the company!!! I called for service for my refrigerator because I bought a 5 year plan with my fridge.

Lowe's sent an Appliance repair company to my home. This repair man was terrible! He actually unplugged my fridge, plugged it back in, and then said to call them back if that didn't work. Ridiculous!!!

Then when this company tried to bill Lowe's warranty service, Lowe's denied the claim because I was still under the manufacturer's warranty. Then the repair company and Lowe's tried to bill Fridigaire and did that all wrong several times so Frigidaire denied payment also. Then the repair company came after me for payment!!! My very first bill from this company was a threatening letter saying they were going to send me to collections if I didn't pay in 30 days!!

I tried to appeal to Lowe's Warranty service to take care of these issues. They are the ones who sent this company to my home in the first place. Why should I have to pay when I have a 5 year warranty with them!! Lowe's Warranty Service employees just gave me the run-around for weeks.

I talked to 7 people, 3 of them supervisors, and they all had something different to say about how it works and what went wrong. They all said "don't worry, we'll take care of it" and when I call them a few days later, I find out they didn't do anything and I had to start all over again with my explanation and waiting an hour on hold for a supervisor.

I finally called Frigidaire directly for help and they are going to call this repair company and take care of it for me. I canceled all 4 of my appliance warranties with Lowe's and asked for a refund.

PrivateGreyhound
I didn’t like
Being treated like my time is not important
Full refund
Review #1397805 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - We have been with your company for a long time, but you are bringing in second rate companies that are not fixing our equipment

We live in Helotes, and our refrigerator quit working. We called in for service to your company.

You contact Pinnacle Appliance company, This was over a week ago. Their repairman came in late in the evening, said he would have to come back the next day. He showed up, got the refrigerator working after I had their office several times. I had to throw away at least $100 worth of food.

This past week, the refrigerator quit working again. Everything is spoiled. My complaint is that American Home Shield is hiring second rate people to work for them. I called American Home Shield on Friday, the person who works for your company called Pinnacle Appliance Repair and they told her they would call us, well they did not, they also they would be open on Columbus Day.

Nothing from them. We are thinking of cancelling our contract with your company. We have been with you for years, but you all are all about money, nothing else.

I just want to know when or how we paid to expect service. Your company use to be good, but now you are hiring second rate companies, We are about done with you.

Read

All businesses are about the money, aren’t they? You are taking a risk with your comfort and functionality of your home by entrusting your home to a warranty company. Warranty = poor service and loss of home owner control.

Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1376290 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1376290.

Sears - Terrible

My new refrigerator stainless steel door was dented by the painter. I took it upon myself to order a new door expecting the painter to reimburse me (that's another story).

Now trying to call and schedule service was a nightmare. After several disconnected calls and waiting almost perpetually on the phone and getting transferred several times, i finally was able to get a scheduled date for the repair (online) 2 weeks later the day came for the service guy to come. He called and said since i ordered the part, sears would not guarantee it since he didn't order it himself. PLUS he wanted to charge $350.00 for service.

I told him don't bother coming i will do it myself.

I'm worried now I bought all my appliance there and i have the extended warranty and annual maintenance. I bet they charge me.

FadedDove980
Warranty issue
Review #1280687 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - Awful

I called MAY 1 THE GUY CAME OUT ON MY WATER AND ICE. SAID HE HAD TO ORDER A PART.

THAT WAS MAY 1. I ASKED HIM TO SHOIW ME HOW TO PUT MY FILTER IN. WITHIN 1 DAY WATER WAS GOING EVERYWHERE THE OWNER CAME OUT AND TURNED THE WATER AND FREEZER OFF. RIOS APPLIANCE TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO ORDER THE PARTS.

WHEN I CALL THEM THEY WILL NOT ANSWER OR LEAVE ME HANGING. SHE SAID THE PART WOULD BE IN MONDAY MORNING. I CALLED TODAY AND SHE LEFT ME HANGING ON THE PHONE AND SAID TO LET HER CHECK. SHE NEVER CAME BACK TO THE PHONE SO ICALLED HER BACK AND SHE WOULDNT EVEN ANSWER THE PHONE.

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE MAY 1 AND THIS IS JUNE 13 2018. I HAVE BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH YAUL FOR ALONG TIME. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH YAUL. MARLENE POWERS 817-808-2209.

MARLENEPOWERS@SBCGLOBAL.NET.

MY ACCT #2326511822. GET IN TOUCH WITH ME.

Read

Was this a problem with American Home Shield or the contracted vendor from them? I am thinking about get AMH. Thanks.

MonthlyPademelon466
Poor customer service
Loss
Review #1279403 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - 7 days out 3 times and still fridge not working

THey can’t fix my fridge.

Out 3 times with new parts and still not working.

SuperbScorpionFish
Order processing issue
Review #1275554 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Asurion - Another disappointed consumer

Update by user Jul 11, 2018

We never got a satisfied response from Asurion or appliance repair. We will never use Asurion for appliances asurion. We will shop elsewhere.

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2018

We bought a refrigerator at Home Depot and bought an extended warranty with Asurion. The first time we called for repairs, a repairman came who didn't know what he was doing.

That took 3 weeks. A second repair call sent a repairman who fixed the issue correctly. A third call for another problem took a week for a repairman to come out to diagnose the problem, but he didn't carry parts with him. Then it took 3 weeks before he would return with the part.

That was one month for the fridge to get fixed. Asurion didn't try to get our fridge fixed any faster, either by another repair company or demand the first tech expedite the repair.

We got tired of the run around and reported Asurion to Home Depot. They replaced our fridge, which is what Asurion should have done.

TenseGiantSchnauzer

Wow... our LG refrigerator died on May 9.We are sitting here with no fridge on June 7.No help from Hope Depot.

And Asurion is surely a criminal enterprise.A little google searching reveals that there are so many of us in the same boat. It looks like hundreds easy.Has anyone found a way to get them to do something? It really seems like a deceptive pattern of abuse.

Our Case Manager is Ebony Woods in the Nashville area and I could not imagine a less helpful person.Look her up. Her claim to helping us it that she returns our calls 1-2 times per week.

OutrageousKangaroo
@TenseGiantSchnauzer

Oh no. Our 1st case manager was Carmen.

Then we got Brooke, which was worse.I just walked into the local Home Depot. Walked straight to the appliance center and told them and showed them my proofs of dealing with Asurion. The girl got a manager and I gave him the details.

But our refrigerator is a small apartment size and was $350. But I would still go to your local Home Depot appliance department and take every contact and proof you have of it.

OutrageousKangaroo
Order processing issue
Review #1274198 is a subjective opinion of poster.