1.5

Directv - I feel like I've been scammed !

I have been a loyal Direct TV customer for several years, after they did the update several months it's been horrible! The DVR randomly works or deletes shows for no reason, the channel will freeze and then there's the white screen when you change the channel.

I've called them so many times and had several repair men out only to hear we're still working on a fix. They refuse to give a discount for the DVR half *** working .

I was then advised that my equipment was out dated and was not compatible with the update they did, and to get the latest receiver that was compatible I would have to sign a 2 yr contact. I did argue the contract stating they should provide me with equipment that would work with their update since I'm already a paying customer.

Needless to say now I'm stuck in a contract and the problems are not resolved.

This just seems so wrong and illegal on their part that they don't have to fulfill their part of the contract but yet I'm held like a hostage to mine!

GivingPrawn
I liked
I use to love direct tv until the update
I didn’t like
Update
Reason of review
Bad quality
Review #1375514 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.1

Shenzhen Yinstron Industrial - Alibaba - **Beware** If you buy from a supplier and you dont get exactly what you paid for you have no where else to go for help

After making a purchase from a supplier I found that they sent me the wrong product and after I told them that the product that was sent to me was defective as well as not what I had ordered the supplier ignored my emails for 2 months until I contacted him through the Alibaba website. They wanted me to pay the shipping and send it back to them.

I sent them videos and pictures and described exactly what was happening . When I went to launch a complaint/dispute about this supplier the help center did not work and it has been weeks that I have been trying. I also tried with different browsers. The dispute/complaint website times out as well as the help center.

Very convenient I think. There is no other way that I can see for me to get a hold of someone there and complain about this.

I didn’t like
Bad customer service and business practises
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1158760 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1158760.
5.0

Gearbest - TV box inutilisable yoka

Je vous ai acheter une TV box yoka mais après un branvhement parfait impossible de voir les chaînes française d ailleurs aucune chaine depuis je me casse la tête sans résultat je vous demande où dois je vous la retourner pour être rembourse merci M Michel draperi 13 rue Gabriel Péri 83210 sollies pont Email byv83210@yahoo.fr France

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1118883 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1118883.

GOODWILL SELLS BROKEN ELECTRONICS *online site as well sells junk*

Goodwill states item "powers up ok" What they dont tell you is the item does not work. I Have purchased 3 different receivers and amplifiers and they say "powers on ok" but there was no sound output.

2 of the items were from the Indanapolis IN shopgoodwill online site. THey are very rude there and tell me items are "as is" and no returns. The other was from a retail store in North Olmstead OH. They strategically dont have any speakers for testing the units, but on the unit it said "powers on ok, seems to work" I am so sick of spending my hard earned money for goodwill to sell broken electronics to consumers.

I dont understand why they dont test there items and if it does not work throw it in the garbage. I have seen other posts on here of other people that said they also have purchased items that were broken. I wish goodwill would eihter start testing there receivers or leaving a pair of speakers out to test them. Its not right selling broken electronics.

They should be thrown into a dumpster.

Also its not right to lead people on thinking something works when it does not?! At least salvation army tells you "this item is broken and does not work"

Read

What happens with Goodwill electronics is the good working items are sold on eBay for top $. The stuff that looks ok and Powers up is sold on their own auction site so they can overcharge on shipping, make you pay a handling fee, and say a 5 lb items weighs 15 lbs.

I received many items that weighed 3 lbs but they had a 5 lb wad of newspapers that were placed in a bag and shipped along to try and justify the 15 lb weight they charged me. One time I had to go to UPS to pick up and I opened the box in front of the clerk to witness how they pack stuff. It was a 9" video screen for a car stereo and they packed a 12 volt transformer with it. But they taped the transformer with the prongs facing the screen and not 1 bit of packing material in a box that was 10 times as big as needed.

It bounced the entire way. I reported it to them (after 10 other broken items received) and said I wanted to start a UPS claim, Goodwill said no! we have our own insurance that handles our claims? Then they promplty banned me from using their auction site and gave me nothing!

Oh yeah, as I was saying, the stuff that's obviously broken and cant be sold on eBay or their own overpriced site will end up in their stores. They know nothing in the stores will be in working condition unless they screwed up when they tested it. They know exactly which items work, they do test them, they make sure those are sold on eBay, plus they claim themselves as their own charity on eBay and get a discount!! Plus they are tax exempt form bring a "nonprofit" business!

The millions they make daily is pocketed and a tiny fraction of their revenue is fir charity. They should be busted just for their using a government service like USPS and overcharging on purpose to generate more income. That has to be illegal. Notice how they make their own shipping tags that have no weight printed on the labels, plus they ship a commercial plus rates which are about half of what ebay rates cost and this rates are comercial discounted for regular ebay sellers.

So they double the actual USPS rates they pay but don't pass it on as a nonprofit organization would do since that's how it should be, they should not have the right to overcharge on anything that is a gorvernment service. This needs to be investigated, they make millions daily on their online sales between eBay and their own site just on the shipping overcharges alone not to mention everything they sell is 100% profit minus the cost of their workers, but they add a handling fee on to every sale to cover that as well! It's a complete scam, especially when they sell for charity, their own charity, I always wanted to claim myself as charity when I sold on ebay!

How tacky can you get! At least send your eBay profits directly to a real charity like children's hospital or something other than in your own pockets!

For this exact reason I dont buy from the online site. I only buy from my local store where I can test the item 1st hand, even in the store sometimes there are broken items.

I tried the shopgoodwill site and got burned way too many times. Once I got a amp and it was missing a complete output circut board and was totally rigged-jigged-jimmied with wires all over the inside. (and the item sold for over 300$ was a carver amp) Best to only buy things you can see, not by there poor photos they take online. Also anyting can power on, but that is no guarantee it will work.

Similar to garage sales, if there is no power outlet to test it, I pass.

Too much of a risk.

I try to look for items that look new and are advertisied with "little to no wear in original box" those are most likely never used items and I have found a few really good deals on those. Use your best judgement and if the item is dusty and crusty, i'd pass.

All there Electronics are broken as people dont know what to do with old broken items. Semen stains galore

I have had really bad luck on the shopgoodwill site especially from the Seattle WA one. Paid over 250$ for a Parasound amp, and they didnt package it right (they put it in a tiny singlewalled box with ??Peants" and it got all smashed up in shipment) They they acted like I was lying to them when I said it was damaged.

Never again...You think your getting a good deal on stuff, but its basially second hand broken junk.
On another note I did buy a Carver Amplifier from the same seller and they said it worked fine and I got the item and there was no sound output. (and it was NOT damaged in shipment) I guess if they lie about the description, your taking a crapshoot on weather or not it will be packaged safely for shipment. I have seen some really bad shipped items from the online sites.

I think there pushing so much stuff to be shipped they dont have the time to wrap it properly. I received one item I bought in a Advil carton container :?
Brooklyn, New York, United States #1292243

Completely agree. I buy/resell items from many sites.

Shopgoodwill is notorious for selling bad electronics. Then again, just realize that people are donating their non-working electronics so they don't have to properly dispose of them.

Buyer beware.

@Richard Valentine

I agree in that I work at a Goodwill in Michigan and I work donations..This gentleman older male trys to give me one of the old school TVs. I said we cant accept those type of TVs, Then he asks me if I know where is there a TV repair store..WTF.

People drop of trash like we are a dumpster. Vacumns full of dirt. Ive seen it all. I had this one gentleman ask me if I would take this box It had trash in it.

I said no you need to put it in your trash can.

He says the box wont fit. I said break it down..What BS

As a flipper on Ebay I rely on accurate descriptions before I buy. The shopgoodwill site has gotten totally out of hand with there electronics, sometimes things are bid over what ebay prices are.

I think too many people are hip to the site now and also I feel that goodwill has people that "shill bid" (Employees that bid on popular items to boost the price)

Overall flipping is dying breed for electronics unless you can find a Pioneer SX-1250 for 50$, but now they go for 1000$. Its a sad day. I used to sell a ton of stuff on Ebay and now I can barely make 20$ the way people bid on shopgoodwill. Only way I can make money is by "local pickup" because of the insane shipping prices they charge (often times to throw a receiver or amplifier in a box with no padding/no bubblewrap, and arrives all damaged and dinged up) then you have to start the claims process, and its painful let me tell you.

Also I saw another post on here that shopgoodwill inflates shipping prices some 50% over what should be charged.

Just another way (and I agree with them) that the goodwill is turning into a total scam operation.

I guess they are like profit is #1 and can careless about keeping customers happy. And to think they used to help put people to work, its such a crock of ish now that they can careless about disabled people and just put broken electronics on shelvs and all the good stuff on shopgoodwill.

@Tom Brady hearts Trump

I am on Disability can only work 20 hrs week They hired me. But I work in a good store

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1286763

"You get what you pay for." Remember this old saying? In the case of Goodwill, Salvation Army stores, and others you never know for sure if something will actually work.

You pay the cheap price and hope for the best. People will donate their broken junk to these places for who-knows-why instead of just putting it in the trash.

Go figure. Best to buy new stuff, especially electronics because if most of that stuff actually worked, no on would just donate it.

@h.kitchener

There to cheap to go to dump or put it in there own trash.

View more comments
Damaged or defective
Review #1008047 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1008047.

Cox Communications - Receiver Review

Never had a problem until *** mini boxes. Today was about 6th visit by Cox to house.

Cox tech checked boxes called his supervisor came back in house and told me nothing he could do as supervisor has same issues I again called Cox and got a gal in ElPaso who said not a software issue and I should not have been told that.

I asked that I not be charged for cable until fixed and was told I would have to wait for supervisor to come out to check another days delay and I can only get a window of 5-7. If they do not resolve tomorrow I am off to Direct or Dish as tired of this run around

Bad quality
Review #987302 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer987302.

Frontier Communications - Receiver Review from Murrieta, California

Why did Verizon sell this new company is a nightmare. My box in the master BR went out I asked for a replacement box, and this thing won't work at all they tried to.reboot refresh and nothing.

I said just send me a box to return it. Right now I have only one Verizon box.

I'm going to shop around for my tv and interen. Come back Verizon you did us wrong selling to a worthless and unheard of company.

FrontierComCares
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #1224260
Frontier Communications Verified Representative

Our apologies the cable box issue has not been addressed. We can help you with that, please send us an email directly at askfrontier@ftr.com with the subject of ATTN Tim/Krystle with your contact details so we can get started.

~STA

Bad quality
Review #932904 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer932904.

Dish Network Forged my signature!

I ordered Dish service in Oct 2014. My husband was home to sign the agreement.

My receiver the next day blew up and caused damage to other items. Dish sent me a replacement but that receiver was not very good. I was told to wait a year and do a free upgrade on receiver. I contacted Dish in Oct 2015 to do just that.

They said it would be no problem and sent out a tech to install new receiver. I called a couple months later to verify my contract end date that I believed would be in Oct 2016 and I was informed that no, I was under contract through oct 2017 due to signing a new contract. I told them I did no such thing and the gal informed me that I had. I requested a copy of the contract.

I received that contract in the mail and I was astonished when I looked to see someone had forged my initials and they were not even the correct initials! They forged it under customer signature, card authorization and contact information with AWE. I do not even have a 'W' in my name. I called Dish and they do not seem too concerned about it.

Meanwhile I am extremely upset that this has been allowed. Dish informed me that I can call back in November to cancel my services but until then I am still under contract. I am very mad that they do not seem to be taking the forgery seriously. Is this not an illegal action?

I looked it up online and it seems to be a common practice for them. Now I am not sure what to do about it. The chaos this has caused is very unfair! I called them back today.

They will not give me any information on what is being done about this forgery. They say it is internal and private. This is about me and my signature!! I should get some closure.

Isn't Forgery a felony?

They did say they are making the contract void but I still have no closure and still have to pay them through November! This is outrageous!

Okanogan, Washington
Tags
  • Dish Forgery
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #929625 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer929625.

Directv - Mini receiver replacement

I was having trouble with one mini receiver.i got another one and could not get it to receive the pin.i called support. I talked to two different tecknitions.

They both told to do the same thing I had already tried.two rvs were down for over 2hrs and they did the same thing over and over. I finally told them I would not shut my wife's tv down any older.i told them to send me a fix on my email.i have not heard from anyone.i think the new mini receiver is bad.

James hammond

Bad quality
Review #924952 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer924952.
1.1

Receiver Review

Horrible company charge high rates for horse *** service their equipment rarely works my HD cable box crashes almost every day replacing it does nothing they charge you for a premium service and what you get is cut rate service disgusting

Bad quality
Review #890034 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer890034.
1.4

Suddenlink - Suddenstinks!

Once again Suddenlink says you have to get this box. Even if you did not get one last year because your TV still worked without one, you have to get one this year.

Well I got two boxes, so they will begin charging me in October. Of course there is a new channel line up. In a nutshell that means you get less channels for more money. The only channels I get now are the local channels....Lake Charles, Lafayette, and Beaumont.

Other than that I get all the shopping networks, holy roller channels, and news. That is it!!!!!!!Oh yea and the the guide thing does not work.

I would be better off with an antenna and Chrome Cast I believe.

Suddenlink Help

Hello - Thomas with Suddenlink here. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your TV service.

If you're still having issues, please feel free to email me directly. My email address is socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.

Thanks! -Thomas

Reason of review
New box, new channel line up for price.
Review #886287 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer886287.