Foodhold Usa - Marbled discolored potatoes

I purchased a 10 lb bag of Russet potatoes from Stop n Shop in Wareham, Ma UPC code8826703190 ...produce from Canada. Preparing them for Easter dinner I found nearly half of them after being peeled, were marbled with brownish marbling running thru the entire potatoe. See photo. Are these potatoes diseased? Not very appetizing and not useful at all. This is not the first time I have had to toss out ootatoes that were freshly bought. We consumers pay good money to put food on our tables and we only expect what we think we are purchasing. A quality product that meets expectations. I will be very mindful of purchasing this again.

Sincerely,

Victoria Giglio

topseedvicki@yahoo.com

VexedCrab
Damaged or defective
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1223240 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.1

Terrible

i bought a pouch of roasted garlic & cheddar IT TASTED AWFUL. Want something done about it.

Expires on 11-13-2018. it was so bad that i felt sickly. if they do not do anything about it i will blog them so badly they will not know what hit them. i usually get this brand for easy meals but i will have to reconsider my choices in the future.

IDAHOAN is very good and never had a problem with any of my choices and styles.

i guess i need to start buying Idahoan brand again i know it will be a great decision for me and my family. Thank you all, karen atkin

Full refund
Review #1181474 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1181474.
2.0

Save A Lot - Bad no receipt sorry

Usually everything fine, i just hate that even though the potatoes i bought that went bad were not returnable because i had no receipt...a couple on the bag went bad the day after i purchased them, ruined the rest, since my old lady throws out everything (ocd) as soon as she sees it, i dont have receipt...oh well, i was going to shop somemore, instead i pitched em in savalots trash can and left

Bad quality
Review #1084151 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1084151.
2.8

Morton Williams - Less-ton williams

Update by user Jul 30, 2017

I have been asked for the code for potatoes at Morton Williams. I have no idea.

I shopped in person I have been asked for the phone number. I gave the address which is of the store nearest my home. I do not telephone the store. ditto for social networking sites with the supermarket.

I took the rotten potatoes (nearly 80% of the total spuds in the bag which hid the bad ones) back to the store and demanded a cash refund for them by weight and the manager gave me the amount in cash. I knew who he was because about 15 minutes earlier he was trying to fix the credit card reader in the line I was lured into waiting in and he sent me to the office to swipe my credit card.

most people shop for groceries in person and after that experience as an old lady I probably will die before I buy potatoes or meat or vegetables or fruit without checking what I am getting. if the store hides poor quality by how it packs products, as with my potatoes and (only discovered last night) the veal stew I cooked they are violating various NY State consumer protection laws and need to be hauled up short as I am doing my best to force

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2017

supermarket disaster strikes at Morton Williams at 1301 1st Ave Manhattan. shopped and put stuff in my cart for a total of over $64 and after a long wait I was next in line.

checkout completed after ten long minutes waiting because when I asked the clerk said there was nothing wrong with the credit card machine but there was because when my turn came after the man ahead of me paid cash it could not read my card. It turned out the manager who then came to fix the machine had told the clerk not to tell people it was broken (she blurted that out as he tried unsuccessfully to get the machine to start. I paid for my stuff at the manager's office and went home. Unpacking I discovered that nearly all the "white potatoes" I had purchased for $2.99 were rotten with black damp patched.

they had been packed to hide this and of course with all the problems of checkout I didn't look at them.

I demanded my money back for the weighted bad potatoes and refused to take another load home instead. I told the manager to tell his supplier than packing potatoes to hide the moldy ones is unfair to customers.

user19438588
Damaged or defective
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1080984 is a subjective opinion of poster.
4.0

The Kroger Company - Bad food

I bought a big bag of potatoes took me a long time to figure out what the bad smell was, it was the potatoes. This isn't the first time I've bought food and realized it's bad after I got home either.

Kfischer25
Bad quality
Review #1069547 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Target - Potato Review

TARGET "RETURN POLICY" OR THEFT?? I have spent $300-$400 every month for the past 6 years without a problem.

A few days ago I purchased a few food items encluding a bag of red potatoes at $3.99. The potatoes were very webbed-like & discolored on the inside. The next day I returned to make a purchased and get credit for the potatoes. Oh I got credit alright, $1.99!!

I was told this is the RETURN POLICY.

because I didn't keep the receipt The store will get ($1.99?) credit from the vendor and take from me my $2. WONDER, HOW MUCH COULD SOMEONE POCKET FROM THIS "POLICY" in a YEAR????

Read

You want full return comply with the return policy. Have your receipt. No one - not even Target - cares that you spend $300-$400 a month there.

If you return an item without a receipt or the card you bought it on, you get the lowest sale price within 90 days and issued as store credit as theft prevention. Next time, keep your receipt or purchase it some way Target is able to track it. No one's fault here but your own.

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1292456

It is very common for stores to issue a store credit for the sale price of an item returned without a receipt. They have now way of knowing what you actually paid and since you didn't have your receipt they will give you the lowest price they sold it for.

Keeps people from buying items on sale and returning them for full price. Next time you make a return, have your receipt in hand if you want the price you paid refunded.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1291754

Time to re-think your habit of shopping at Target anyway after they changed their restroom policy.

View more comments
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1011810 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1011810.

Farm Fresh To You Potato Review from Pretoria, Gauteng

I bought a #50lb. Bag of potatoes.

I only grocery shop once a month. I buy enough to get thru til next month. The potatoes I bought were horrible. They were soft, and were black spotted throughout the potatoes.

When cooked they looked bad and the flavor was even worse.I don't know what had happened to them. I have already gone through over half the bag. I am on limited income and when I shop, on shopping day is all the money I have to spend til next month, I am upset that the potatoes i nought would be good. They looked good through the bag, but they were really tough.

I have to be extra careful when buying things to eat because we have trouble eating. If things are tough, hard to chew or *** off. We cannot eat it. I don't like to complain but I have to make every penny count..

as you can see by this picture I am telling the truth about buying these potatoes. My husband gets really upset with me when he thinks I have wasted his money.

Bad quality
Review #867537 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer867537.