Homeadvisor - What a complete scam

1.7

Contracted with a plumber through Homeadvisor.

The plumber was a dud.

He did change the toilet hose properly but the sink he supposedly

cleared the drain on is stopped up even worse. It was so ridiculous that he even said "oh the drain is fine now" while I was looking at

standing water in the bowl!

Then he charged me $245!!!

I paid him just to get him out of my space as fast as possible.

Homeadvisor, please, come on, do a little research before you recommend. What a terrible outfit Homeadvisor turned out to be after all that fancy advertising and faulty promises of representing "pros" OH BROTHER

Plumbing Service
Pros
Advertising
Cons
What they delivered and the deceit
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
At least try and verify the validity and reliability of the supposed professionals that you represent
Review #1564526 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1564526.

Thumbtack - Hired plumber, wasn’t licensed

Hired this guy named Chris Halstead, and Thumbtack listed him as licensed, he didn’t know much and couldn’t fix my plumbing. Called the Minnesota Department Of Labor.

And they stated he was an Wasn’t licensed. Had a license that he couldn’t legally work with.

No plumbing code compliance bond, no insurance, considering how much Thumbtack makes off this site, why are they letting these hacks stay on. Think twice and ask for proof that they have a plumbing contractor license and City of Minneapolis plumbers license.

Shut up and hire who ever you like Stop crying let people work support their families At least they try, you can have a f license and suck at it It’s piece of paper

Not as described/ advertised
Review #1564495 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1564495.

Thumbtack - Bad install on sink

Hired this guy that said he was a plumber and he fixed my sink this way, see picture, called up the Minnesota department of Labor and industry and this guy has a UN licensed plumbers license. They say he shouldn’t be doing jobs on his own. Watch out for these unlicensed hacks.

Bad quality
Review #1563463 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1563463.

First American Home Warranty - Scammers !!!!!

First American Home Warranty is scamming consumers out of their money. On 6/7/19, I placed a service request due to a stopped up, leaking sink.

The contractor was extremely unprofessional, and unclogged my sink with a CLOTHES HANGER !!! Further, he refused to fix the leak and stated it was not covered !

Now my sink is leaking more than it was prior to contacting FAHW.

San Fernando Valley, California
Bad quality
Review #1558781 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1558781.

Thumbtack - They refer unlicensed plumbers, electricians, and hvac

This is what a thumbtack handyman did after saying he was a licensed plumber, almost cost people there lives, hooked up gravity water heater to pvc pipe

They put unlicensed handymen on same service page as legitimate licensed plumbers. People don’t know that these guys are untrained, and there safety could be in jeopardy and heath from water Bourne pathogens.

Bad quality
Review #1543853 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1543853.

First American Home Warranty - Scam ... The company is working with contractor to bait and swich .

I have been with First American since year 2000, 19 years. I have very little claims during all these years.

Today I had a leak on my shower that could not stop. I had to close the water main to avoid wasting water. We call for service and they said the soonest they can send somebody is in about 8 hours. I had to stay home and miss work to wait for the plumber.

Plumber comes in and just said the repair is not cover because I tried to fix it myself and I broke the valve and my garbage disposal is not cover because he found a piece of plastic and a penny inside.

Then he tells me that he can fix it but will be 550.00 for the valve and a different amount for the garbage disposal. I said NO and ask him if he can at least put a cover to stop the leak to be able to open the main. He said just put a 1/2 cap on the shower head.

I asked if he can do that, he said NO, because he did not have one in his truck but I could go to Home Depot to buy one and put it on yourself.

We paid a annual fee, a co-payment for somebody come to your house and tell you they can fix it for an extra fee because according to him is not cover.

I reviewed my contract and both are cover. I call customer service, talked to two associates, a level two resolution associate, 4 managers and they can not help.

The last manager Eduardo Ayala told me to call in the morning because was too late and he could not help me. I asked him to get someone to call us in the morning after they do their research and he said they do not call or email outside the center. Nobody can follow up with us we have to follow up with them. In other words I have to start all over again in the morning or simply cancel my 19 year policy and go elsewhere to get the minimum service.

It is very clear, they are scamming people by sending contractors to your home to charge for work that is cover under the service that you are paying anyway. If the company care they should call us on the phone on file. My contract number is 10169160919.

Let's see if they know or want to follow up with a 19 year old customer.

Thanks. Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit

The plumbers used by home warranty companies are only interested in getting a high volume of low-paying sales leads from the warranty companies. The way it works: the plumber keeps the charges below value to the home warranty, and tries to pass the actual cost on to the customer.

Whenever possible, he looks for conditions that would make the claim denied, such as the penny in the garbage disposal (presumably causing damage to the garbage disposal, which is not considered normal wear and tear). Keeping First American’s costs down to nothing more than the customer’s service fee will ensure that the plumber will continue to get work orders. If he doesn’t play this game, he will either have to fix everything for free, or seek employment or customers elsewhere. Home warranty companies are extremely greedy and not at all interested in paying plumbers.

The customers are very similar in that regard: not interested in paying plumbers either! In fact, paying plumber’s and tradespeople must be so distasteful to home warranty customers that they’d rather have their hard earned money extracted monthly for 19 years by a foreign entity who doesn’t care about their customers. I’ll never understand that mentality. I actually enjoy paying for services from business who deserve my money.

There is satisfaction knowing the people I’m hiring are good, hardworking people, who know their trade—like a doctor, landscaper, roofer, plumber, etc. When you find a professional, reasonable, expert who really cares to do a great job, paying them for a job well done is an enjoyable experience. Think about your own career. Do you deserve to be paid what you are charging?

Think about the overhead your boss has to pay in order to employ you.

Are you worth all of that? Are you doing that good of a job?

Warranty issue
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1518336 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - Company tried to replace pipes that were not need and were mighly overcharged

I called them out to unplug a pipe and thy said that I needed to re place all of them pipes under the home at a fee of $24,000. I called another and he did all of the repairs that were needed for $1,700.

These guys were trying to scare an 80 yr.

old man. It should be a crime, SHAME, SHAME MENDALL MYER

Pricing issue
Review #1518036 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1518036.

American Home Shield - Total Scam of a Company

I cancelled my American Home Shield policy for which I paid $700 half way through the policy period of one year and just received my refund of $29.35. I had a good laugh. This company is a fraud.

I bought a house and called for plumbing repair of a faucet that was broken. The service person collected $75 and told me that the repair was not covered.

I called for pool equipment repair and told the insurance company what the problem was. I paid the repair person $75 and was told the repair was not covered.

I called for stove repair and told the insurance company and the service company that the repair was for an old induction stove and to make sure that the repair person was capable of repairing the stovetop. I paid the repair person $75 and he told me that he didn't know how to repair induction stovetops.

I called again and American Home Shield sent out another vendor. I paid $75 and was told that the repair couldn't be made.

I called to cancel the policy. They charged $58.33 for an administrative fee, incurred $197.60 somehow for contract costs, prorated the cost of the warranty $414.72 and sent me a check for $29.35.

Plumbing Service
Cons
Terrible contractors, Products are a waste of money, Some subpar contractors, Time to get repairman out
Warranty issue
Full refund
Review #1495191 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - RIP OFF RIP OFF CRIMINALS THEIR COMPANY and employees are all criminals

I called in a service request for kitchen sink facuet on Sunday Feb 24,2019. They sent out a company Advantage Home Services LLC Jorge he says with a smile it will take 7-10 business days to get the part for my kitchen sink faucet.

So you're telling me I have no kitchen sink for 3 weeks you what a awesome company great service this is what you will be paying for. Don't think that you are important to them they only want your money. Every time I use them I get so upset I feel like I'm having a heart attack it's terrible. I can't believe this that it will take 3 weeks to get a kitchen sink fixed.

they will absolutely not replace anything only fix can you imagine if my AC went out and they told me that it will take 3 weeks to fix in the summer of Las Vegas we would all die Thanks American Home Shield For not giving a damn about your clients. you should be locked up and the key should be throw away.

You made your choice: the cheapest way ($75) to have a plumber fix the sink, instead of the fastest way, calling a plumber yourself. The AHS plumber gets paid $100 in total, of which you already paid most of that to AHS when you filed your request.

He won’t get the $100 for weeks. He has to buy at minimum a cartridge for your faucet that can cost as much as $60-75, and pay gas and labor to come back. There is no profit in that for him. He has to keep his business going financially In Order to be able to come back to see you again.

He will focus on all the other incoming AHS work orders so he doesn’t lose them, while he Works you and your part back onto his schedule. Meanwhile, YOU could research the cartridge (through Home Depot, Lowe’s or the local plumbing supply house or even online) to find the part yourself. You can watch YouTube videos of how to install it. That is the cheapest and fastest way to get your faucet back up and running.

If the faucet needs to be replaced, most plumbers charge retail customers (not through Home warranties) $150 labor to install a faucet that the customer supplies. Going through AHS means that the plumber still only gets paid $100 after several weeks, and he has to supply the faucet AND the labor. There is no incentive to hurry back to lose money, and in the meantime, AHS is sending him all the plumbing calls in the region because he’s doing the work at a loss, for them. If he doesn’t keep serving the new incoming work orders fast enough, he will not get any more.

He gets paid based on the first trip to your house, NOT each subsequent visit, NOR the parts he has to supply with his own money. I’m telling you this because a home warranty is not the fastest way to get service, which is your complaint. You want an instant fix, but you didn’t pay for an instant fix. It is available, however, from the myriad of plumbers in your area, and most people can replace a cartridge (if that’s what is needed) on their own for as little as $25.

Cheap and fast aren’t possible with a home warranty.

This is not what you want to hear, of course, but this is the business model. You’re just lucky your claim isn’t denied, because that’s what happens whenever possible.

Plumbing Service
Cons
Fact that they are taking 3 weeks to fix my kitchen sink, Horrid company
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1482640 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - You suck

What happen lets say what hasnt happen 6 days no water last plumber so called repair or scam lasted 2 hours your rep who promised the world that we will make it right 8am monday we have you covered oh *** thats a good one its 12 pm nobodys called like the ahs way the rep with all the right answers well she not in the office and like ahs tradition nobody knows nothing i hope you guys choke on a bowl of *** stick with something you guys know which is nothing but to collect a check and lie and we have you covered like a *** blanket full of holes great job

Order processing issue
Review #1469408 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1469408.