5.0

Great company thumbtack is .

I e always made good money working through thumbtack I got on this site by accident I didn't even know it was about thumbtack I love thumbtack always gave me good jobs.Now this website I don't like it got me banned I guess from thumbtack wow hey if you need good painters in TN call 625-925-5347 thanks .

MercifulXRayTetra292
Painting
Review #1437795 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Angies List - PAINTER NOT DEPENDABLE

HMI,LLC....770-629-0779

Contacted owner Jim, Very nice on first phone call. 6/29 Told me he offered a discount on his web-site. 1st week promised someone to come out. did not happen. texted him back and the same thing again. And then his wife

said he had a heat stroke. I can surly understand that. So he text me again.

Did not have any notes or remember the conversation. Text me your address. Which I did. I have all of my text messages that I can copy and paste. When I text him today 7/13 he and told him he should not be on Angies list if he could not keep his promise. He told me he wish me luck in finding a painter and have a great day....

This is beyond ridiculous customer service. all he had to say was maybe the end of July, or we are booked solid, instead of making promises he could not keep. I guess that's why he only have 5 reviews to all of the others that have over 300.....

Poor customer service
Review #1303169 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1303169.

Done Com - Painting

called porch for a painter, they sent me a handyman who could not paint. the person they sent me should up without tools to do job.

no paint brush, nothing he could do the work with. I had to have the job repainted and requested a refund. porch agreed to a refund and here I am two weeks later still waiting for them to give me the refund they promised.

I have sent them e-mails and they keep telling me they are going to contact me, but they never do. if you listen to the message you get when you contact porch, they tell you they will send professionals to your home, when in fact they send handymen.

Full refund
Review #1138331 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1138331.

Ryan Taylor handyman and painting services BEWARE

In the beginning of September, Ryan Taylor and his girlfriend Emily came to us to finish a 20'x25' room with 5 electrical outlets, install 2 led lights, plumbing for 2 sinks, putting up sheetrock and painting, and putting down carpet for a new infant room for a daycare center. He gave us a contract and a finish date of October 1st.

He came in full force and started work and it was great. He kept asking for money for supplies, then when we began to question it, he switched to needing to pay his laborers and that he was trying to get back on his feet. He and Emily were very nice and had a small child, so we wanted to help them out. After about 2 weeks, he stopped showing up until after 1 or 2 oclock, sometimes as late as 5:30 and would claim that he worked past 1 in the morning or later, but when we came back the next day, nothing else was done.

He kept this up until we threatened to sue, because we had given him $18,000 so far. He kept making promises but we would always get excuses from him. After he stopped coming, We found out he used our money for other jobs, illegally used an electrical contractors license to obtain our permit (they are seeking fraud charges against him), and used another general contractors license to attempt to get a permit on another job without the other general contractors permission. He is a thief, a liar, and a conman.

Do not use him or his services. The photos are the mess and *** work he left us with.

Bad quality
Review #1129449 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1129449.

Thumbtack - Phony Handyman and Thief

Hired a guy to paint my condo and do several other small jobs. Every thing he did turned out a mess and had to be redone.

On his last visit he picked up my under a year old $900 Toshiba Satellite laptop computer off of my computer desk and ran out of the house.

I called the police and they said I would have to take him to court even though I had his name, address and phone #, and by the way gave him a canopy bed and boxes of goods and 2 DVD's from my move from AZ! Thumbtack does not screen anyone.

Poor customer service
Review #1108866 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1108866.

Done Com - Horrible and un-trusted Done.com company "Liers"

They made an appointment to do a painting job for only a living and dining room and they gave a cost range between 160$-250$ and before even they start working they asked my wife to sign a paper with explaining what's included. then they said the job will cost 800$ so we got frustrated and ask him to stop, but his manager called and he said we will manage the cost.

He was wasting time to accumulate much hours he can and after 6 hours of playing around he completed only the ceiling and asked us to pay him 360$. Stay away from Done.com Don't waste your time!Why the *** Please be careful they will lie to you and make sign paper and threatening you to take you to court if you don't pay.

Pricing issue
Review #1104520 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1104520.

Done Com - The paint job was messy, slow and not satisfactory.

The hired handyman/painter was slow painting, messy, dripping paint everywhere. He was paid for 2 days/8hours and did not get most of the painting done.

Very unsatisfied customer. Would like a refund and would not recommend this person. He left his supplies behind. I'm not sure if he's going to get them or not, he's been notified more than once.

He was told if he does not get his supplies they will be disposed. He missed spots in some areas I had to sweep up paint chips from where he sanded the porch rails, trellis, and security door. The sanding took to long, and took time away from the painting.

I do not want this handyman again and will not be using Done.com again. D.W.

Tags
Extremely slow performance
Poor work service
Full refund
Review #1102891 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1102891.

Thumbtack - Took down payment and has disappeared.

I paid down payment for a job ,took money and has disappeared ,I can not get in touch with that person and company .

Painting
Review #1069090 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1069090.

Done Com - DONE.COM is a jokeeeee!!! waste of money.. needs to be exposed. PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU HIRE!!

charlotte, nc... i used done.com to do a paint job.

that turned into a complete nightmare. first time home buyer.. hired DC that turned into a complete nightmare.. i gave worker addison key to vacant house to do paint job when i was at work..

8 hrs past.. he only worked on 2 rooms.. that still wasnt completed. Spoke to manager johnathan which advised worker will stay additional 2 hrs to complete both rooms..

10hrs later the rooms was only still 80% done.. what was painter doing all this time.. clearly you cant leave people unattended. the house itself only 1400sq ft one level..

kitchen is a small gallo kitchen.. living room not big either. Clearly he been bs'n so he can do a recurring job to get paid more.. obviously thats how done.com get people.

when i spoke with management.. they offered for me to pay half rate for additional 8 hrs.. for addison to go back over sloppiness that occured within first 10hrs.. are you serious??

who want to pay for additional hours from a worker that paint over nails in walls, instead of removal of wall paper-he painted over it, huge roller paint leaks drips dryed in wall... whats their excuse?? cause he wasnt done with job yet after 10hrs smh lol.. what being done got to do with huge drip leaks from roller..

it dont stop there... my walls were white..( i use behr marquee one coat paint /$40 bucks a can). how the *** do i have a green discoloration in my walls when paint i bought was beige... beige and white dont create green.

I submitted complaint this to NC attorney general/requested reverse of payment from bank... I would not let some company rip me off.. I work hard for my money.. dont be fooled by prices..

its not worth it.. I requested refund.. management said addison did a great job smh.. eventho i submitted pictures..

contractors that came even said it was sloppiness and no 2 rooms takes 10hrs to get 80% completion..

manager pressured me to pay before i seen the job cause addison was still working and he needed to leave office. now they dont want to give me my money back smh

Read

Hi, Do you know Done.com headquarters's address? I'm trying to make complain because the handyman they sent was a fraud and criminal....

But I can't find their address in their sites.

Seems they are hiding it just for the purpose not to get the court paper delivered. Worst company I even worked with.

Faith

gycha
I didn’t like
Lack of quality service, No accountability for worker actions, Pressured to pay before i seen service, Misleading, Contradiction on service that was provided
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1024709 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.5

Bad business ethics of Ethan Allen Bellevue WA

hope that my experience could serve as a warning for all the future customers. Ethan Allen have a bad business ethics and sales hungry where they will promise and guaranty something to make a sale.

People who's involved Store Manager : Sue Tuttle Sales associate: Xichuan Li (Show Li) Design Consultant: Britney Whitney My mother is in the market for some new couches for our living room, she doesn't really speak any English so when she was looking for furnitures she saw Ethan Allen provided Chinese translations and services. We were assigned by a Designer named Xichuan Li who speaks Chinese and who teamed with Brittany Whitney and their store manager Sue Tuttle. They suggested give them a budget of forty nine thousand US dollars. Though not knowing what the market price was, my mother wired forty nine US dollars, because they have told her to have a bigger budget if she doesn't like the items they can return them.

Xichuan Li had told my mother that "they wanted to see how the home would feel with the stuff they picked " Remember, my mom asked for two couches and a couple of paintings. On December 12th we received a call saying on the 13th the designer will show up and help decorate the furniture that we ordered. On December 13th a large trucked stopped in front of our home with two mover without an designer asking to unload all the stuff. We were really confused because we had only order two couches and possibly a couple of paintings.

So we called Ethan Allen asking where's the designer and what we gonna do with all 75 items ranging from table tops, vases, 30+wall paintings and a invoices of over 50k. We wanted to refuse the shipment and told both the truckers and the store a gal from Ethan Allen. She said her manager told us just unload the stuff and they will have a designer(Britney) tomorrow as it was her day off. So I asked her if the items will be returnable after it's unloaded she said yes, The next day at 4pm the designer came with 1 designer (Britney), 1 Chinese interpreter,1 wall painting hanger(which cost 180 for less than 2 hours of work) and 1 helper.

They stuffed everything they could to max out the budget. Mother said that's enough, first we didn't order this many stuff and second it doesn't fit our likings and ask them to halt the project and return the items expect the couches we had actually wanted. They begin to sound demanding where she tells my mother " I really like these paintings on your wall , why don't you like it" my mother repeatedly telling Dante to translate she doesn't like the paintings and they don't fit the house like the way she wanted. Then the designer told her that we had ordered and paintings it would be 15% restocking fee if were returned, my mother said that's not what the sales consultant told her and we asked for Xichuan to clear things up what she has told my mother.

They said Xichuan don't work with us anymore whom took all the commissions from our sales over 50k worth of items. Then those people left. After 1 week of no response we called the Ethan Allen Bellevue store and they said they were busy and will have the truck come pick up the items we wanted to return on day 1. After a few days, stuff were still not picked up.

Soon another week goes by where we constantly contacting them. The reply we got was the store manager Sue Tuttle stated Ethan Allen wasn't liking the idea of us returning the paintings which was bought with their sale's intended making commissions. So we had to confront her multiple times to return the items that we don't want and didn't even order on the first place. Finally we had to come to an conclusion where the manager too felt it was unethical on what Xichuan Li as an sales consultant did and agree to refund but here's the problem, before we purchased anything it was said that if return it would return on method we wanted.

The payment was wired from China where I first stated in the beginning so having Ethan Allen wiring back where it would lose value due to currency exchange rate is different and fees that would be collected on the receiving side. So we began to telling the manager where they promised will be returned to our US Visa card/account. She begin to feel irritated and sound tone has changed to hostile then telling us we were "circulating around and don't know what arrangement we had made, she also said "actually, I don't even know we refund international wire or not. You may not get any refund." She then beginning to denying a lot of stuff that we talked about saying she didn't know anything about this arrangement, even though Xichuan Li stated without Sue's permission she wouldn't be able to place our order.

At the same time, Xichuan recommended the return be refunded to store credits where we trade with her other customer for cash under the table!

I refused, because it sounds so wrong to me! Overall, I do NOT recommend shop at Ethan Allen Bellevue Store.

Lack of professionalism, Lack of accountablity, Bad customer services
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #991708 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer991708.