Dollar General Corporation - DG brand Rubberized Paint is okay

It was much cheaper, so I tried it. Yes, it's messy and you will have to use gloves to keep from getting it on you.

But, it covered and covered well and seems to be durable. For the 2nd can, I only used a little and on a few jobs over a couple months. Even inverting to spray out the nozzle eventually led to clogging. I cleaned it with quick bath in mineral spirits and it was as good as new.

My impression is that if you expect a little leakage around the nozzle and use gloves to protect against it, and if you clean the nozzle, it is a decent product and can be good bang for the buck. I am going to buy my 3rd can and will write back if my experience changes.

Good quality
Review #1421662 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1421662.

Waste of good money & precious time..

After meticulous cleaning, prepping and proper application it lasted ONE summer/season, have to REscrape/sand and AGAIN repaint my deck, floors, railing,steps +++ I've uploaded pictures on your "pissed consumer" Facebook page! I wasted Good money. repainting my deck ... AGAIN!!! Why are your falsely advertising this as a protection.. it just covers up & contains ****.>> You owe me $$$ I posted several pictures on your "pissed consumer " Facebook page..

I had initially purchased 4 gallons, and now after taking all of the deckover off I have to do it ALL over again!!! some wood absorbed the paint colour. :( WHO's gonna pay for this?

Bad quality
Review #1298810 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1298810.

Promax Commerce - I received my order of deck paint/primer and the can is bust

I recieved my can of deck paint/primer and it is busted and leaking. I called walmart they told me i had to return to store , so i drove 70 miles round trip to be told i would have to do a return online but am not able to do so.

AbnormalCod
Damaged or defective
Review #1230151 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Home Depot - Paint Review

Bought paint by name of color to touch up my house and when put on the wall it look so different, went back to home depot and the manager there rufuse to take it back or remixed it.

Read

There are many reasons the color may not match. Fading over time is the first reason.

Even it you buy multiple gallons at the same time you should mix them together to assure a uniform color.

Just a little bit of tint variation in a can of change it the lot of colorant or tint base can change the color slightly. Don't expect paint bought a different times to be a spot on match.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1063387 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1063387.
2.3

Home And Patio Decor Center - Deckover is defective !

Deck over paint is peeling bubbling and coming off our deck in large pieces product sucks and I have been working for a painting contractor for over 28 years and lost a lot of money using this expensive product in my own perseonal deck which I purchased from Home Depot

Proth2017
Damaged or defective
Review #1046828 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Pep Boys - Very Angry - Pepboys Robinson Twp. PA

The Manager at Pepboys in Robinson Twp was extremely rude and unprofessional when he refused to exchange a $15 unit of auto Touch-Up paint that, contained no paint!! He accused me of being dishonest and ordered me out of the store.

On Sunday Feb 12 at about noon I purchased the paint for my 2011 Buick LaCross. I told the clerk I was concerned about the color match and he said "don't worry, if it's not right we can exchange it." Tried to use it on Sat Feb 18 after a week of rain and cold weather. Upon opening the small plastic bottle, with pliers, I found it to be painted shut with paint around the threads of the bottle. There was no paint inside, only a few drops of oil in the bottom.

On Sun Feb 19 at around noon I returned to the store and attempted to exchange the item for one that actually contained paint. It was a different clerk, who claimed to be the manager. He said there are no returns on this type of item and accused me of trying to return an item that I had used. (I wanted to exchange, not return).

He asked why I did not return it right away, not after 7 days. I tried to explain why, I even offered to let him see the vehicle and inspect where I had tried to use the product. He shut me down and would not let me explain and said very rudely "please leave the store". Now Pepboys has my $15 and I have ***.

I left, very angry, and believe me I will never return. This man is a menace to his customers.

6581 Steubenville Pike, Crafton, PA 15205, USA
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1011025 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1011025.
2.9

Lowes - Paint Review

I loved Lowes. I used to think that i can live in Lowes, but lately its getting more and more disappointing. Where to start...???

1. A few months back I decided to paint my front and back door. Went to Lowes and told them i need an outdoor paint (so I'm covered for the side of the door that is... outside), that my doors are metal and i want a dark brown. I told them that the best is an oil based paint since it was already painted with an oil based paint. They said they dont have or can make anything oil based paint in brown. I was OK, I'll take the alternative and go with primer and strip the entire existing coat. Mentioned a few times what I need it for and what it had to be rated for, I show them the color i want and they hand me the paint. Spent all day stripping, sanding, cleaning and another all day painting, respected the time between coats and did it in my insulated garage, away from direct sunlight and all. And I live in Louisiana. No door during the summer means above 80 degF in the house and the AC pumping to keep it 80 (welcome electric bill). Paint was not cheap, *** was not cheap... and 3 months later my back door is all bubbles inside and out. Its under a covered patio with no direct sunlight, but i did asked for outdoor rated metal paint. Needles to say i have to strip it all again, paint again, luckly the temperatures are not as high. After checking deeper into the paint they gave me... - its a stucco paint. Needles to say I'll check twice next time before I take their PROFESSIONAL advice. Welcome 2 more days of work, more money on the paint...

2. I went a few weeks back to buy some blades for my planer. I was in a hurry and I knew the area where they were within 2 isles error. An emplyee was there and after he saw me rushing through the first isle I thought the blades were, he offered to help, I told him what I need and he takes me to the planers. The full tool. I told him I just need the blades not the entire tool and that they are on one of the isles over there (showed him the area), on the left side of the isle, middle shelf, porter cable, come in sets of two... I thought that will spark in his mind to what i need. He says: OK, I'll follow you so I know what you talking about and where they at. What about he'll need to learn the store before acting as an employee that is supposed to guide the customers.

3. I was finishing a project and I sent my husband to buy me some 2in pocket screws. He comes home with 2 1/2 in pocket screws from the specialty island screws and says that is all they had. The head of the first one i start using broke: head on my hands, screw in the wood. Perfect finish for my project. He asked 3 people where these screws were cause he knew the ones i was using and all employees told him that is all they have. Dear Lowes employees, your pocket screws from 1.5 to 2.5 in, indoor and indoor/outdoor rated are in the tools area next to the Kreg jigs and tools. The boxes of 50 are hanged and the boxes of 100 pcs are on the shelf bellow.

Anyway Lowes, if you want to take an advice: train your people to at least know what you have in the store. Also if you want to advertise yourselves as PROS than sell and recomemd the right products for the clients jobs.

Read

If you want good paint go to a paint store!

Bad quality
Review #934344 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer934344.
2.3

Menards - Paint Review from Cowden, Illinois

Menards in Effingham Il has the worst paint ever! I bought paint yesterday and after waiting forever for a lady to mix it (that acted like it was a huge bother in her day) I drive home to find out it's completely watered down!

I call today and they were rude and offered no discount for my HOUR drive back to the store!!! Menards is literally the worst place to deal with! Just about everyone in this store is lazy or rude....half of their employees either can't help you and give you a blank look or act like the world is ending if you ask for help. The paint section is the worst!

After dealing with them I went to Sherwin Williams and they were so helpful! Better help, better attitudes....Such a better place to deal with!

Dayton, Ohio, United States #1224747

Effingham Illinois huh? Sounds like an SW troll to me, considering one of SW's largest distribution centers is in Effingham Ill.

Sw sells cheap watered down paint too. And if you happened to buy Dutch Boy from Menard's, you bought an SW manufactured product!

You can buy good paint at Menards and you can buy cheap paint there as well. If you bought the lowest price paint they sell it won't be near as thick as their more defensive paint.

You get what you pay for...

the lower the price, the fewer the solids in the paint. It's your choice.

Oranges are better than apples good call.

Cowden, Illinois
Bad quality
Review #933257 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer933257.
1.8

Menards - Paint Review from Mount Clemens, Michigan

We purchased 2 gallons of paint at menards We put the paint on the floor of passenger side of truck. Upon turning out if parking lot one gallon tipped over and spilled making a mess.

Obviously the lid was not applied properly. Manager said they would repair damage to floor inside door. They did not their insurance company said not responsible for paint once it left store. We should have checked lid before leaving.

Horse manure ! Needless to say had to report it to our insurance company and pay our deductible while menards off Scott free. Will never step foot in menards store again.

Advise others to do the same DONT SHOP MENARDS Greedy bastards. My new name for them is Manures

#1206693

You do know Menards Inc isn't an insurance company right? You realize the same thing will happen no matter where you go right?

Go ahead live like a kermit under a rock but insurance companies are insurance companies and any retailer is not involved in the decision making process from their insurance company.

Sidenote: no insurance company will make themselves liable for any consumer ignorance no matter how large or small.

#1206500

You see the same thing happen at Lowes and Home Depot. People take a corner too fast, knock the paint over and it's the stores fault the lid came off when the can fell over. Wherever you go next, drive a little slower and you won't have this problem.

Bad quality
Review #910802 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer910802.
3.5

Lowes - Paint Review from Colorado Springs, Colorado

My Husband and i bought Paint yesterday at Lowes (2 Gallons).He painted all the Edges with the first Gallon and then used the second Gallon on the Walls.It was obvious once the Paint dried that it was not the same Color.No Problem,Things happen-so he went back to the Store and showed them the Pics but they would not reimburse him.He asked for a Manager and he told my Husband that he just needs to put on another Coat,of course he wasn't happy with that Answer.So the Manager basically told my Husband to leave.Here is what really made me mad:It's not about the 27 Dollar we spent on one Gallon,it's about the Customer Service that it should be about.We have been going to this Store for 10 Years- since it first opened and spent a lot of Money there.We had our Kitchen done there, two Bathrooms,all our Flooring,lots of Paint over the Years,Two Decks,bought Appliances there,Carpet,Flowers,etc...i can go on and on .It was really upsetting how my Husband was treated there,he is a calm Guy who doesn't just start Things.That Manager in that Store needs to be thought how to give good Customer Service to their Customers.We have never been treated like that in any Store!! I guess we will be going to Home Depot for now.

Read

I take it you have never bothered to read the instructions printed on the paint can. It will tell you when using multiple cans to mix them together.

If you have ever watched paint being mixed various amount of colorant are added to the can and may be a very small amount and a few drops can make a difference.

The machines used for adding colorant are pretty good but it's possible to see a slight variation from one can to the next. Mixing the cans will give you an even color.

Not as described
Review #892759 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer892759.