American Home Shield - Promised check for oven but still not received after 2 1/2 months

Mid May there was a trouble report on my oven. After waiting for technicians and them to find parts they said they could not fix.

We came to an agreement on the amount and they said they sent a check. Unfortunately they sent it to the wrong address. I have now waited 2 more months for the replacement check to arrive. Every week I call.

The contact takes over and hr, including hold time and very little talk time. I usually get transferred a couple of times and more holding. I wish I had never heard of this company. SAVE YOURSELF.

DO NOT CONTRACT WITH THEM. I have had other experiences with them where they glued pool parts because their technicians were not allowed to replace parts.

THIS IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY. JUST FLUSH YOUR MONEY DOWN THE TOILET.

Oven Repair
Cons
Warranty support or customer service
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
The check for the oven that you have been saying you were going to send me for the last 2 months.
Review #1078727 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1078727.

American Home Shield - AHS avoiding paying when they should

I live in Arlington Tx and has been a a very loyal customer of American Home Shield for the past 15 to 16 years. It seems AHS will find any which way not to pay on a claim.

I came home one day and found one of the burners had shattered. Never saw or heard of this happening before. By the time the repair man left my home and spoke with AHS they both came up with the idea that something fell on it. Since it was an electric stove spoke to an electrician whose first question was 'is that burner used more than the others?

I have repaired many of these ' So I ended up buying a new stove with no help from AHS.

A few weeks ago AC went out told I could repair it they pay $800 and I pay $1800, even though I was told repairing is not wise so again with no help from these crooks I had to find 4500 to purchase a new unit. Anyone thinking of using AHS , DONT!!!

Bad quality
Review #1065387 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1065387.

Assurant - 18 months later and Asurant stil hasn't had my oven fixed

I have a warranty for my double wall oven with Assurant. At least 18 months ago, maybe longer, I called Assurant with an issue.

The oven heats very slowly, and whenever we open the oven, the heat is turned off. We need to close the oven, turn the oven off, then turn the oven back on, and it has to reheat....slowly. It's frustrating. So I call Assurant and they send out someone to fix it.

They tell us we need a part and will call back when they have it. I never hear back from them. SO I call Assurant back and they send another company. Same thing.

The third company actually tells my wife the oven is supposed to work that way. Wait, what?? Fourth company is just like the first two. There may have been a fifth, I haven't kept track to this point.

This happens over a 10-12 month period. Now I start to keep better notes: 9/28/16 - I speak to Rosita Contreras. My order # for fixing the oven is 36869353. She sends Central Appliance to my house.

They tell me I need a part, they will get the part, and a call me back when they have it. Should take two weeks or so. Despite following up with emails and calls, I never hear back from them. 12/11/16 - I call Assurant and speak with Jasmine, explain what has happened and ask for her supervisor.

The supervisor is Jocelyn. She listens to my story and says she will send this to the Upper Management Department. 12/21/16 - I call Assurant and speak with Layla, employee # 57294, explain I explain the story, tell her I'd just prefer they buy out my oven at this point. She says he will send the request to the Resolution Department.

12/26/16 - I call again and speak this time to Curt, employee # 53988. I explain the story, tell him I'd just prefer they buy out my oven at this point. He says he will send the request to the Resolution Department. 1/25/17 - I start getting calls from +1 4457288.

I guess they use that number so I can't call back. They say they contacted the Central Appliance and they are still waiting on the part, and promise a cash out or a part soon. 1/30/17 - Another call from +1 4457288. They are still waiting on the part, and promise a cash out or a part soon.

2/1/17 - Another call from +1 4457288. They are still waiting on the part, and promise a cash out or a part soon. 2/7/17 - Another call from +1 4457288. They are still waiting on the part, and promise a cash out or a part soon.

These calls happen 1-2 times per week. I calmly explain to them how incredibly incompetent Assurant is. 3/21/17 - Finally, the part is in! Devan manages to get me on the phone with the company who will fix the oven, we agree they will come over Friday 3/24/17 between 12-5.

3/24/17 - They don't show up and don't call. 3/28 - Another call from +1 4457288. I insist on a supervisor calling me back, someone who can make a decision. I've never gone online and filed a complaint like this.

If it weren't so frustrating, it would be comical.

Time will tell how it works out, but do yourself a favor and do not use Assurant to cover you appliances. They are really, really bad at it.

Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1026748 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1026748.

American Home Shield - AHS used to be a good company, but not anymore!

For those who is thinking about buying a contract from AHS. Please go to facebook and search American Home Shield, you will see their company website, on which, there are thousands of people left their complaints.

Here is what happened to me:

3/30/2016: I filed a request to repair my electric stove-top in my rental townhouse, which is not heating up properly. AHS dispatched Red 1 Appliance repair for this repair.

4/26/2016: A technician from Red 1 came out to the rental townhouse but says he needed to order some parts and was scheduled to come back on 5/30/16. A service fee of $75 was charged.

5/30/2016: Red 1 technician never showed up. My tenant had to reach out to them to schedule another appointment.

6/17/2016: Red 1 technician came and decided that the stove-top was not repairable and said that he will report to the AHS and someone will contact me about replacement with a new unit. We have not heard from either the Red 1 or AHS again.

6/26/2016: I went online to check the status of my repair and it says it’s completed. I then waited for an hour before an online chat representative can answer my question, then AHS says they will have to send a message to Red1 and ask.

6/27/2016: Tried calling and leaving message to Red 1 appliance repair (443-501-3966) and also sent them email (cullinslynce@yahoo.com). However, I never receive any reply.

7/1/2016: Follow up on the status with AHS (after waiting on the phone for an hour). Finally the representative told me that Red 1 told them the stove top has been repaired, which is absolutely absurd. The AHS representative says if the stove-top is still not repaired, they will have to recall the same company to come out again, the very same company that missed 1 appointment and lied about the completing the repair.

7/5/2016: After not hearing back from Red1, I then went online to search for Red1 repair, apparently, many AHS customers had very bad experiences with Red 1 repair as well.

At the end, I filed dispute through my credit card company and got 6 months of my monthly fees back. Despite the dispute ruling in my favor, AHS hires a creditor company to get their money back!! So, I sent the creditor the my credit card company's dispute result letter and also file a complaint to BBB. Do not go with this company!

North Decatur, Georgia
Oven Repair
Cons
Dishonesty and poor customer support
Reason of review
long wait and do not honor their contract
Loss
Review #925613 is a subjective opinion of poster.