American Home Shield - Had service on convection oven and now I have no service on my oven and convection oven

Replaced circuit board in convection oven. Didn’t work.

Breaker is connection to both regular oven and convection. Now I don’t have any ovens.

PurringAngelfish841
Bad quality
Review #1454699 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Serviz - Bad repair work on oven

I own a built in Fisher & Paykel wall oven. Not many repair companies will service this high-end brand because it comes from New Zealand.

I couldn’t find a repair company in the Kansas City area, so I called Serviz that is located out of California. This was at the beginning of October. A repair man named Ryan came and looked at it and had to order parts. I fully understand it taking a long time because they had to come from New Zealand.

Right before Thanksgiving he installed the part. 3 days later I attempted to use my oven and It still had the same problem as before. I texted him and he said that he would do more research and get back to me because the part had a 1 Year warranty. A week went by and I texted him back repeatedly.

No answers. I contacted Serviz repeatedly and they couldn’t reach him either. I was charged $619 and my oven still doesn’t work. I am getting the run around every time I talk to Serviz.

They scheduled a repair appointment for 12/17 and no one bothered to show up or even call me. I have demanded repeatedly to speak to a supervisor and they refuse .

Do not use this company for anything!! They are a rip-off

Bad quality
Review #1429836 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1429836.

American Home Shield - Fursnace

Haven’t heard from anyone about coming out to repair my furnace

InformalGalapagosTortoise
Poor customer service
Review #1415753 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Nicor Home Solutions - Intentionally caused damage in order to get business

I have had issues for years-where an appliance would break: burners in an oven at least once, maybe twice a year . The cost estimate ALWAYS exceeded the coverage amount so we would pay excessively out of pocket.

Repairs would be required repeatedly for similar problems. When I had an authorized Viking technician come out to evaluate things finally, he showed me exactly where they had sabotaged my stove, used generic parts and fixed it improperly damaging my oven.

DO NOT sign on to this. It is costly, they are inept, poor customer service and I believe fraudulent. You are much better off putting aside an amount equal to their monthly fees and using that to pay for repairs.

Another thing: why do they call themselves Nicor Home Solutions?

they have nothing to do with them. It is simply to claim legitimacy and confuse the consumer

PivotalHomeSolutionsCares
Nicor Home Solutions Verified Representative

Good morning. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you without any contact information.

Please reach back out to us if you still need assistance. Thank you.

PivotalHomeSolutionsCares
Nicor Home Solutions Verified Representative

Good morning -We always want to provide our customers with service that meets or exceeds their expectations, so we're sorry to hear about your experiences with us.We would like to look deeper into the issue, so could you please send us a direct message with your contact information?Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

Deceptive practices
Bad quality
Review #1307779 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1307779.
1.6

HMS Home Warranty - Lies, Deceit, Waiting

I have been waiting on a repair to my oven and gas range for months. I have a >10 year old Jenn Air oven. There are no longer 'original' or 'genuine' parts available for this make and model oven.

I have had issues on/off for the last 2 years. I would call, someone would come out, it would be okay for 2 weeks, and start breaking again. In January, I started pushing to get my oven fully fixed.

The oven will SHUT OFF at random times during pre-heat and operation. I have one burner that DOES NOT work. I have another burner that needs to be lit by hand. When lit, the burners CONSTANTLY CLICK, as if trying to ignite.

I have had everything replaced MULTIPLE times. Igniter? Wiring Harness? Control Panel? Temperature Sensors. Everything. Everything. More than once.

I started this claim January 6th, 2018. I had multiple providers come out multiple times, replacing the same components, until they made the determination there was nothing more that could be done, and it needed to be replaced. I had three separate providers REFUSE to take the call through HMS, because of the lengthy repair history.

I was scheduled for a 'second opinion' look before replacement. The first place no-showed me. HMS scheduled another company. They came out, spent 5 minutes, and sent an invoice telling the company it needed to be replaced.

That was on April 27th, 2018.

I have called almost every single week since April 27th. Many of these calls lasting over an hour. I was repeatedly bounced back and forth saying it was 'going to research'. One week I was told a replacement would be issued, and it would be scheduled shortly. The next week I get a message saying to call to decide whether I want a replacement or cash. After I had already had a call the week prior, where they TOLD ME they would replace it -- not a choice of either -- and I had agreed to a replacement.

Almost two weeks ago I was told the unit would be shipped to my appliance installer, who would call to schedule the install. On Jul 2nd, they told me the appliance company would be in contact in the next 3-5 days.

NOW I am receiving a call from a freight shipper who has the unit, two weeks later, not 3-5 days. They want to deliver to ME. I called HMS saying this is not what I was told, and was unacceptable. They want me to take delivery of this oven appliance, and THEN call them BACK, to SCHEDULE AN INSTALL.

Where am I supposed to keep this crate with the oven?

They won't give me a date for the install. How LONG will I keep this crate with the oven? They can't say.

What I want is for them to STOP LYING TO ME every time I call. I was told this would be delivered to the APPLIANCER INSTALLER who would then contact me. What if the oven is missing a part and they can't install it? That's why it needs to go TO THE APPLIANCE INSTALLER.

So, after multiple months, multiple providers, literally having the customer service representative lie to me week after week about the status and what will happen next, HMS expectation is that I will take possession of a crate, somewhere in my house or property, and then wait an undetermined length of time for these unknown people (since they can't tell me who will install it) to show up and hopefully install the appliance.

They will NOT let me schedule an install until this crate is sitting at my house. Not just scheduled for delivery, but until it has been physically delivered. I have no magical 'crate storage' in my house. Should I just put it in the middle of my kitchen, if it will even fit there?

Taken from the last 90 days of my verizon call log per my bill;

June 19th, 19 minutes

June 21st, 23 minutes

Jul 2nd, 83 minutes

Jul 17th, 21 minutes

Let me remind you; I started this claim the second week of January 2018. ON APRIL 27TH THEY MADE THE DECISION TO REPLACE MY OVEN. These are only the calls I've made since they original told me, after the second-opinion provider they chose to come out, they would replace the oven.

I still do not have a functional, working oven, nor a replacement.

HMS business model seems to be one where they take your money, and just stall you out as long as humanly possible. I previously had an issue where it also took 6+ months to have a dead dishwasher replaced. I am once again going online, and copy/pasting this review on every site I can find, because it seems to be the ONLY way to get any sort of response or action from HMS, just to get them to do literally what they told me they would do.

I want what I was literally told over the phone. I want this delivered to a competent provider who can insure there is nothing wrong with it on delivery -- something *I* am not qualified to do -- and then schedule me an install date.

Do not use HMS. You will spend months, months, and more months, to get them to replace something that multiple providers -- No, seriously, I went through 4 repairers who all said it needed to be replaced and refused to waste their time, BEFORE the second opinion provider -- have told them needs to be replaced. I have been routinely lied to, over and over and over, on the phone. They say they record these messages? Go back and listen to them HMS, and see what was told and promised to me each week.

If you are in a one-party consent state, make sure you personally record every interaction with them

If I lived in such a state, I would put the entirety of these phone calls on youtube, so that individuals would stay away from HMS.

Read

Dear Anonymous - I will be glad to have a member of my team review your claim to get this taken care of as quickly as possible. Please email us at erelations@hmsnational.com with your full property address so we can locate your information and follow up with you directly. Thanks, Christine

InstructiveHedgehog
Tags
  • Bad Home Warranty
Thiefs
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1305761 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

DON’T get hustled by this horrible contractual company... I am just emailing, because I wanted to share my experience with AHS!

Since signing up with this company, I have had nothing but headaches and very bad service and horrible customer service. I honestly have no idea how this company could get away with charging so much money, barely ever servicing what’s expected or promised for that matter and still be in business. Not only is the customer service horrible, and the contractors all horrible, but it’s ridiculous that I have to wait on Hold for always a minimum for 45 mins to an hour just to get through and not have anything resolved. My oven has been broken for over six months now.

I’ve had a contractor many many time, and it hasn’t been fixed. I’m paying a fortune every month for what ? The last time I called to try servicing my oven for the fifth time, was on February 12th 2018 Aldine 2:30pm. I called and asked if there was a number or email I can reach out too, and the representative told me she was the one to talk to.

That there was no supervised or manager I can try talking too. I never heard of a company that doesn’t want their customers feedback or suggestion. That’s another reason this company is a bull *** scam. I can NOT wait for my contract to end.

I’ve wasted so much for bull shit. CONGRATULATIONS, I award you WORST company, WORST staff and BIGGEST rip off company to not only exist but of 2018 too. Don’t worry about fixing my oven for the 295747272 time; I’ll go out of my expense and buy a new one even though I’m entitled to a new one through the contract I already have. Thanks for all you have helped with which is ZERO!

BTW I accidentally put I have a 3 family when I really have a 2 family. I can’t imagine how much more I’d be saving if I hadn’t made that error. That doesn’t matter though, I know I’ll have better service with the next company I sign with. I’m such a sucker for even bothering trying to get my stove fixed.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE company this is. The WORST!

Order processing issue
Review #1188330 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1188330.
1.3

American Home Shield - Contracter came out and couldn,t fix the problem

Contracter came out the last week of October, and could not get the part to fit. He was told by sears that it was the right part, and that they would call me and come out and fix my oven.

He dropped the part off. It has been over 2 months, and I haven't received a phone call or had anybody come out. I have tried to call American Home Shield, and their recording says a 10 minute wait which turned into over 2 hours twice, and still no one answered. Also tried to go on line, which was abunch of crap also.

Same story. Sit on the phone all day. Next step for me is calling the BBB.

They sure take my money every month. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

conniejo0102
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1161944 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Installation and repair

Our oven was installed but a few weeks later I discovered it was not maintaining temperature. It took several weeks to get some one out.

He couldn't find anything wrong but never tested to see if the temperature in the oven dropped. The problem continued. We made another appointment. It took several more weeks.

The service man concluded "It's not maintaining temperature" (DUH!) "We have to order parts and schedule an appointment. The first one we have is Dec. 6" (3 weeks away), We confirmed and ordered the parts. The parts arrived.

On Dec. 5 we received a confirmation of the appointment scheduled for today and we called twice to to reconfirm. We called this morning to get clarification of time. We were told THE APPOINTMENT WAS CANCELLED.

OUTRAGEOUS. WE SPENT AN HOUR ON THE PHONE WITH PEOPLE IN THE PHILIPPINES WHO WERE USELESS (NOT THIER FAULT). WE FOUND THE SERVICEMANS PHOINE #. HE WAS NO HELP -- BLAMED IT ON THE -- HE DIDN'T KNOW WHO.

IF WE HADN'T CALLED WE WOULD HAVE WAITED ALL DAY FOR A "NO SHOW" BUT THE MOST RIDICULOUS - STUPID THINS IS THAT WE NOW HAVE TO WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOUL HAVE BEEN TAKEN CARE OF MORE THAN 2 MONTHS AGO. WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!

Bad quality
Review #1143034 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1143034.

Waypoint Homes - Thieves

I called them to repair their stove, the oven is intermittently working. They tech came said it works and left, I called them back he came and said I’m putting in a referral for a new coil.

I called them they told me they are waiting on management approval for a new oven...two weeks later I was charged $65 and the oven is still broken. I called and emailed to complain nobody called me back.

Until 5 days Amanda called and said nothing was wrong with the stove so we’re charging you. I asked her managers name she said Wilfred Campbell I emailed Wilfred twice now this is supposedly a manager and...He or she has never responded...

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hello - We'd like to take a look at your account and may be able to better explain the charges. At your earliest convenience, please email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address to social@waypointhomes.com. Thank you.

Problems with payment
Review #1111860 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1111860.

Whirlpool - Update on dangerous oven

No issue has not been resolved. Whirlpool sent out a company to "repair" the unit after blowing out again during a cleaning cycle.

That company insisted it was the fuse but after the tech did not turn off the power to the unit it sparked and then suddenly is was the board. The technician spoke to Whirlpool safety while I was in another room and told them that all was fine on the oven. Before I could get to the kitchen to talk to the safety department and tell them this the technician information was not correct, he had hung up. I pointed out to him that we had filed the bottom of the oven and used heat resistant caulk on the sharp edge.

The repair company made appointments did not show up and have never sent me the receipt for the service even after requesting 3 times.

At Whirlpool after being shuffled between several departments I was just sent a claim form from Whirlpool that I will fill out and send and see what they decide to do. I have purchased a new oven at my expense so as to remove this dangerous appliance from my home.

WP2008

Hi juliemiller, we’re sorry that we have lost favor with you. If there is ever an opportunity for Whirlpool to regain your loyalty, please do not hesitate to let us know. We wish you success with your new appliance purchase.

juliemiller
Dangerous defective product
Loss
Preferred solution
pay for the oven and reimburse me the vet bills.
Review #1098956 is a subjective opinion of poster.