All My Sons Moving And Storage - BOL / Items Taken

1.1

May 2019. I talked extensively to the representative Tony of Jacksonville, FL regarding my move.

He stated to me that we had a binding contract, additionally he and one of his movers assured me that even though the contract stated binding it would and should have been lowered if the movers got finished "earlier" than what was expected. They (the movers) did finish earlier, and when signing the final delivery BOL it stated that approximately..$350 should have been refunded to the already paid in full amount in which I "shouldn't have ever did". Nonetheless, when I called the office, their representative stated that they viewed the BOL and it stated it was a binding contract. I said, it was but the representative stated "VERBALLY" which is a contract as well, that the amount would be lowered.

Theirs more to the story but I digress. When dealing with Allmysons don't believe the hype of what comes out of the representative mouth.

Buyer Beware, their quick to call and followup when trying to gain your trust & money. However, when attempting to call them about a complaint, don't bet on the same quickness!!

Moving Service
Cons
Billing
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
TAKE A LOOK AT THE BOL & Refund upon delivery --and return to me!
Review #1566183 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - No problem here

3.7

Everybody has issues,some worse than others.I hired Lonnie from Facebook to more our belongings into storage.Look,I don’t know the guy but he was nothing but respectful to us and with our belongings.I would hire him again even after speaking to him about this site because I didn’t know if he was aware.The other issue I see is how are these complaints monitored.Other than the original from years ago I don’t see anyone else that says he took their money.So what’s your complaint?As far as you know these could all be from the same person.Bottom line,never give money up front,and pay for the job when satisfied.RJ.

Good quality
Review #1512806 is a subjective opinion of poster.

CSI Pros - Pass the buck

I initially used Arrow Movers who apparently used CSIPros to move my household. DO NOT EVER use ANY company that deals with CSI Pros. The " pro'' part is a JOKE. Not only did my items arrive 15 DAYS late, they had been mishandled and abused. Many missing and broken items. My claim was rejected because l didn't have " proof" of missing items,ie, photographic evidence that what l claimed was missing was actually missing. On arrival, the foreign driver was extremely rude and claimed he couldn't pull his truck closer to my home to unload and extorted another $150 before he would unload. Apparently he wasn't a very good truck driver as justbecause2 days before the same size truck from another company delivered goods to my next door neighbor. I felt, as an older woman alone, bullied and abused.

NEVER use Arrow, or ANY company that deals with CSI Pros. When l made my claim, even tho l submitted paperwork, all was rejected and each person l spoke with claimed every aspect of the move was '' a different department", so each person l spoke with blamed someone else, passed the buck and diverted my calls. I was given a first class run around. After a couple of months, my claim was " no longer valid" as so much time had passed. I lost treasured objects and memories that can NEVER be replaced, not to mention hundreds of dollars worth of my personal belongings.

CSI Pros? NEVER AGAIN!!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!!

Moving Service
Review #1449623 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Thumbtack - Employers scammers, they don't care about you

Thumbtack is an utterly irresponsible and reprehensible company that provides no information and takes zero responsibility for their contractors. It should be illegal for them to connect customers to short and long distance movers. Recently, the FBI charged 12 people for moving scams where these criminals will either a). take your stuff hostage and demand more and more money to return your stuff or b). steal your stuff and then auction them off. There are in between outcomes where your stuff will likely be broken by illegitimate movers who will also severely overcharge you. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration keeps a database of movers who are registered and insured with the Federal government. In addition, a U.S. DOT number is required by FMCSA for interstate moves. This is the BASIC minimum step to check for the legitimacy of a purported mover. Otherwise movers who don't meet this basic minimum requirement: a) may not be insured and therefore you may be mislead into believing the insurability of your goods b) may actually NOT be legal to carry out interstate moves and c) are NOT subject to any regulation because you can't file a complaint against them with the FMCSA.

Think about online websites that connect customers to service providers. When you sign up on eBay, you are given hints to how to purchase safely and how to sell safely. Thumbtack provides NO guidance on identifying legitimate moving companies. This is because their business model SUPPORTS predators who prey on unsuspecting or ill advised consumers. Businesses have to pay a fee to see your request and that's how Thumbtack gets paid. They're largely accepting of scammers and shady contractors because they get money, take no responsibility for your pain and loss when in fact, they should be legally liable for not doing background checks on contractors.

I was contacted by a shady person, likely a moving "broker" who gave me a quote for moving interstate. I was asked to pay an upfront 20% deposit (a sign of shady business practices) which I did through PayPal. The moving company name this broker masquerades under is the same name as a legitimate company in another state, which is not unusual as moving companies often do long distance interstate moves. Their phone # also matched the area code of the legitimate moving company (Flag 1 for misdirection).

I then googled the name of the actual moving company, who has a similar name to yet another legitimate transport company (Flag 2 for misdirection). It wasn't until I felt a sense of uncertainty that I looked further and realized that this was one of those shady illegal moving companies that hire a local penske/generic truck, bang up your stuff and possibly hold your items hostage and/or force you to pay "storage fees". They CLAIMED to accept credit card payment, but switched to PayPal or Venmo (Flag 3). I was able to resolve the issue through several calls to PayPal but I had to escalate the issue as they did not believe me and thought I was backing out of a moving contract. I later did some research and it turns out the invoice was illegal because they charged by volume instead of weight (google binding vs. non binding contracts and the legality of quoting by volume vs. weight) so had PayPal not stopped the transaction I could have sought back my deposit by other means.

I contacted Thumbtack and sent them PROOF with screenshots. The moving company has ALSO been reviewed under Yelp with complaints that Thumbtack referred them. This is 99% Thumbtack's responsibility and yet they don't care. This individual is still on Thumbtack with fake 100% positive reviews. There have been other reviewers stating that these scammers just change to another name on Thumbtack even if action forces them to close down one account. In the end Thumbtack proposed a solution to connect me to this shady individual summarizing that I was "not comfortable pursuing services." This is highly misleading and has NOTHING TO DO with personal feelings or being comfortable. There were CLEAR signs and proof their contractor was shady and illegal. Not only that, it is dangerous to clearly disclose to a shady individual, "your customer is uncomfortable doing business with you." Who knows if these individuals will retaliate or get revenge, GIVEN that my original and new moving addresses were given to them. I advise anyone considering moving to NOT use Thumbtack and instead use OFFICIAL and FEDERAL government licensed companies and most of all, do research. Thumbtack doesn't care if you lose your valuable belongings, get terrorized by scammers or lose money. They will keep a band of thieves if it serves them their dinner on a silver platter at the expense of your WHOLE LIFE.

Tags
Cons
Contracts are scammers, No background checks conducted, No guidance on hiring a long distance mover
Hiring scammers
Preferred solution
Do background checks on your contractors, list their US DOT number
Review #1396713 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SCAMMERS

TOTAL SCAMMERS .... I am still waiting for my Furniture from this company !

They promise me a DIRECT DELIVERY, on Friday Sept 7th, (From Weehawken NJ to New Haven CT) I still have not received my furniture as of yet. I gave a deposit of $721.00 to a sale Rep name Ron 855-835-9588 who quoted me a price of $1987.00 for a one bedroom move !

The day of the move a driver name Chris, who was driving Enterprise truck name Chris, has called me to ask, "do I want my furniture? " as if he is holding it hostage and must give him the ransom money which far exceeds the price I was quoted-

This has been a night mare !

Order processing issue
Review #1350722 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1350722.

Thumbtack - Cancel a job

I need to cancel a job for tomorrow. She doesnt speak english and requires someone to be there, And with the moving company moving my furniture, I cannot be 2 places at once.

Moving Service
Review #1316748 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Thumbtack - Issue with contractor

3.5

Hired Nationwide Moving. US DOT 926573 MC 407933.

Got my estimate, paid 1/2 wired money and they are holding everything i own for 3 times the price. They are out of business people.

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE. Dont answer calks and hiding from DOT.

Moving Service
Review #1312452 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Thumbtack - Having problems access my previous conversations

4.4

I cant contact a cuatomer for a piano move today, i need to reschedule and i cant get to his conversation to get his phone number

Moving Service
Review #1278543 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Uship - Poor service

1.7

I received a email fro Uship as my move was underway and the driver was on their way to perform pick up that a review was being performed and asked for information. I provided info about my move sent in the email, completed the pickup with my driver.

Then I receive a email stating that per my request my move was canceled.

I never canceled anything. So now im out 753 which has not been returned to me after several attempts UShip has not made any effort to rectify this situation by simply reversing the cancellation and reinstating my move.

Hello,

I do apologize for the frustration you experienced when booking your move. I can see that you have received a full refund from uShip for the total cost of the move ($753) and you have been rebooked with your chosen carrier. Feel free to reach out to us directly anytime.

Tags
  • Moving Services
Cons
Timeliness in resolving issues, User friendliness in accessing supervisors for complaints, Sop procedures within the organization are flawed
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1184996 is a subjective opinion of poster.

PROPERTY 705/707 E 128 ST CLEVELAND OHIO 44108

JCMCJMC68@YAHOO.COM Your Question: HI PROPERTY 705/707 E 128 ST CLEVELAND OHIO 44108 HI MY HOUSE WAS UNFAIRLY TAKEN BY ,WOODS COVE LLC AND, DAVENPORT FINANCIAL , AND THEY STOLE ALL OF MY PROPERTY BY USING A MOVING COMPANY NAME OHIO MOVING AND PRESERVATION 1 OF THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE NAME IS [[Paul Giroux]] ONE OF THE MANE PEOPLE OVER THE COMPANY, OVER 50 YEARS OF MY AND MY PARENTS BELONGINGS. THEY PUT ME OUT ON THE STREET AND TOOK MY FAMLYS HOME.WITH NO MERCY ........................

P.S. THESE PEOPLE ARE CORRUPT THIEVES AND NEED TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS P.S.THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED, THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU!........ IN SPITE OF THE PROOF THAT I HAVE POLICE REPORTS PHONE CALLS AND MORE HERE IS THE RESPOMCE THAT Paul Giroux SENT TO THE BBB AS A RESPONCE. Ohio Moving & Preservation was hired by Davenport Financial to do a Storage Eviction on May 12th 2016 at 705 East 128th Cleveland, OH 44108.

All of his belongings was inventoried and taken by truck to a secured storage facility at 17325 Euclid Ave. 44112. Mr. McGhee sighed the inventory forms and was present doing the process.

Mr. McGhee's items were taken to our storage facility, the evicting party is responsible for the cost of (1)month of storage. In addition, the evicting party is responsible for allowing the evicted tenant an opportunity to retrieve their items from storage within the first 30 days of storage. Mr.

McGhee never called inquiring about his belongings. After 90 days if no payment has been made by the evicted person, the items would be liquidated. This is the first time hearing from Mr. McGhee almost a year later.

Ohio Moving & Preservation did a job that they were hired to do by Davenport Financial. Nothing was stolen, broken, everything was taken to storage, and stayed in our storage facility for many months. We never heard from Mr. McGhee until March 8th, 2017.

Thank you, Paul JON MCGHEE PAUL IS LYING...... MY HOUSE WAS UNFAIRLY TAKEN BY ,WOODS COVE LLC AND, DAVENPORT FINANCIAL , AND THEY STOLE ALL OF MY PROPERTY BY USING A MOVING COMPANY NAME OHIO MOVING AND PRESERVATION 1 OF THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE NAME IS [[Paul Giroux]] ONE OF THE MANE PEOPLE OVER THE COMPANY, OVER 50 YEARS OF MY AND MY PARENTS BELONGINGS. THEY PUT ME OUT ON THE STREET AND TOOK MY FAMLYS HOME.WITH NO MERCY ........................ P.S.

THESE PEOPLE ARE CORRUPT THIEVES AND NEED TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS P.S.THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED, THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU!........ I HAVE TAPED CONVERSIONS AND POLICE REPORTS TO PROOVE THAT IM TELLING THE TRUTH AND THE BBB OF CLEVELAND OHIO HAS THEM ON FILE LYING ABOUT WHAT REALLY HAPPIND THE HIRE IS THE REFERINCE NUMBER FOR THE CLAME , He needs to go through Davenport they were the ones that hired our company. This was an eviction, a storage eviction. The tenant was being evicted from the property.

Ohio Moving was hire by Davenport to handle the eviction. By law we had to keep the tenants belongs for 30 days, after thirty days by contract Ohio Moving is no longer responsible. Tenant did not call until 90 days later, by then the storage facility trashed everything. He needs to get in touch with Davenport.

there is nothing of his stored in our facility. We would like to have this matter closed. Paul JON MCGHEE PAUL IS LYING AGIN...... AGIN, I HAVE TAPED CONVERSIONS AND POLICE REPORTS TO PROOVE THAT IM TELLING THE TRUTH AND THE BBB OF CLEVELAND OHIO HAS THEM ON FILE FYING ABOUT WHAT REALE HAPPIND THE HIRE IS THE REFERINCE NUMBER FOR THE CLAME , BBB REPHRICE NO #Your complaint has been submitted and assigned the ID 12029341.

For your reference, a copy of your complaint appears below. You will also receive an email with a link that you may use to view this complaint. P.S. MY BROTHER DIED TRYING TO STOP THEASE WICKED PEOPLE FROM STEALING MY/OUR FAMLYS HOME OF 53 YEARS.

OUR FAMLYS HOME WAS OUR FAMLYS LAND MARK AND THEASE PEOPLE NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIRE DISHONEST DETESTABLE DEEDS. BE CAREFUL IF YOU DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE, THAY ARE GUILTY OF OUT RIGHT THEFT THAY ARE THIEVES AND THAY WILL STEEL FROM YOU.......... http://www.cleveland.com/cuyahoga-county/index.ssf/2013/12/county_inspector_general_to_investigate_allegations_against_tax_lien_buyer.html#incart_email atobias@cleveland.com County Inspector General to investigate disputed allegations against tax lien buyer no-reply@consumersentinel.gov Today at 5:42 AM To JCMCJMC68@YAHOO.COM Message body Complaint Submitted - Your reference number is: 87884647 Thank you for contacting the Federal Trade Commission. We have given your complaint the reference number listed above.

Please use that reference number if you need to contact us about your complaint in the future.

Once we have reviewed your complaint, you may receive another email with additional information that may further assist you. Here are link(s) to the publications you may find useful:10 Ways to Avoid Fraud

Cleveland, Ohio
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1160641 is a subjective opinion of poster.