3.0

Save A Lot - Store complaint

For the past month we have been purchashing rotten meat from this store ,an several times I have went to the store manager an nothing has been done

ActiveChamois
Bad quality
Review #1480320 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Dickeys Barbecue - Poor service

There has been a staff change and the meat has been very bland. A friend and I visit once or twice a week and now we are deciding we may not want to go back. They even trimmed off the bark of the brisket.

PeacefulRedWolf663
Bad quality
Review #1307550 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.9

Giant Eagle - Quality of Prime Meat

Purchased a Prime Delmonico today at Waterworks Mkt District. Tough piece of meat, flavorless and expensive.

You continue to disappoint in quality and availability of fresh meat and produce. Seems like your butchers showcase prime meat at prime prices but what you actually get is of very poor quality. Grilled this steak to 125 degrees medium rare and yet hard to cut with a steak knife. Please find a different source for meat.

Your produce is lacking also. Most items are overripe upon selection so if you are available to use them immediately you are probably ok otherwise you end up throwing them out within 48 hours.

VagueCavalierKingCharlesSpaniel
I liked
Hot deli counter
Meat and produce
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1266099 is a subjective opinion of poster.
5.0

Shoprite - Return meat

I was hoping that you could pull up my receipt ‘ I bought 3 packages of beef ribs ‘ phone number is 347-453-8078

EqualChicken
Bad quality
Review #1262546 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Where does Kroger get their Private Selection Meat from?

Several months ago i noticed a big change in the flavor of Kroger 80-20 Ground Chuck. I asked the Meat Mgr.

about it & he told they no longer grind their beef. Then i asked where it comes from & he said he does not know & that soon ALL Kroger stores will no longer grind their own to cut down on employees. He also stated he ask his District Meat Mgr.

where it & the Private Selection Meats come from & he does not know either & also they had 12 people in the meat dept as of 10 years ago & today there are only 5.

I now go to Priceless Foods who is owned by Kroger to buy my Ground Beef which is ground fresh daily & has a sticker on it saying it was ground fresh that day. Taste matters ALOT to me & it would be nice to know where it comes from.

h.kitchener

Would that more customers would question the origin of the meat sold in stores now. You can usually tell if the meat in packages is locally ground just by the packaging, for example, ground beef sold in those tubular rolls comes from a large packing facility.

Walmart's meat is almost totally from who-knows-where. Even stores like Meijer, a regional store is trending towards pre-packaged meat.

I don't like the taste, odor or consistency of pre-packaged meat and thus have been buying from local meat markets or small grocery stores in the area. You have a better chance of NOT getting sick from recalled meat if you buy locally cut and packaged meat---notice all the meat recalls recently?

IntelligentWelshCorgi
Bad quality
Review #1240177 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.4

Woodmans Market - Bad products

Tried to return bad quality meat have found bugs in jiffy mix chicken moldy big green worms in bell peppers chris manager very rood

WornPointer
Damaged or defective
Review #1237518 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Costco - Pork bad smell

Bought pork. Opened package slelled so bad, almost fainted

Bad quality
Review #1195830 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1195830.
2.2

Walmart - Do not care about products they sell

I purchased your meat products from your deli in Hays Kansas store on 01/09/2018. That night I made a sandwich with the meats, a pastrami and corned beef sandwich.

That evening I started to get a bad stomach ache and went to bed. The next morning I had to go to the bathroom with a real bad case of diarrhea. I did not feel well till later that morning. The only other thing I had that day was a cup of Lipton soup.

The next day (01/10/18) I did not eat any of the meats but had some Lipton soup for lunch and some rice and vegs for supper. The next day I made another sandwich (01/11/18) for supper and I had the same results as I did the first day, upset stomach and went to bed. the next morning more diarrhea and did not feel well till noon. Today (01/12/18) I went to your Hays Ks store and went to the deli and talked to the same person who sold me the meat and he remembered me.

I told him what happened and he looked at the meat and said he had not sold any more since I bought mine. Both meats were over half gone that were in the case. I told him about what happened to me and told him he should throw out the rest of that and open a new pack. He said there was nothing he could do about my problem.

I talked to a manager about this and told him what happened and he said he could do nothing about this if I did not provide a receipt, which I did not have because it was purchased 3 days earlier. I suggested he throw away those to small portions of meat to make sure someone else did not get sick from them. I did some shopping and came back to the deli and they were still there and the deli guy just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. I will never buy and meats from your deli again if this is how you try to protect your customers so you can make more money with meats that may be bad.

While I am in here let me say a few things about this store and I am a Christian man and I am not trying to get back in any way. This store is like a Dollar General Store!! You buy something you find you like and the next time you come in to get more, they have none. I am told that they just get things in one time and when they are gone they do not reorder them.

The store has no choice in other things you want to buy. Like in electronics, they carry one product that is usually a cheap brand and that is your choice. I asked why that was and I was told "buy what we have or go somewhere else. I talked to the manager about this but it was like talking to the wall.

This store use to be a very good store with some choices of what you want to buy but not anymore. Most of the things are of poor grade. Another thing is Green Giant canned vegs. I ask why they and was told that they did not made enough profit off of this product and stopped carrying it.

I think you need a new manager there in Hays, he has been there way to long and is bringing your store to be a Dollar General.

And buy the way the shelves are empty a lot of days. In Christ, Jim Heit

Read

Ignorance of what causes food poisoning makes me fear for our society and where we are heading as a species as well as just really disliking people in general. You are uneducated and foolish.

OP:

Did you go to your doctor before posting this complaint?

What did you doctor say?

Exactly Why is this relevant to your complaint?

I didn’t like
Customer service and care of customer
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1168457 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1168457.
2.4

Giant Eagle - MOLDY PRODUCE AND SPOILED MEATS

Almost every single week I end up throwing out expensive produce and meats from Giant Eagle in Verona, PA, and Fox Chapel, PA. Giant Eagle gets away with it because they are just about the only game in town unless you want to endure a Walmart store with the disgusting conditions and rude employees.

Yes, they will refund your money if you return the products, but that isn't much help when you are ready to prepare a meal and you open a package of spoiled chicken or berries. Also, their prices are outrageous! I pay less for many of the things that I buy at a small grocery store on Hilton Head Island. How can prices be higher in this market than at a small, family owned grocery store in a resort town?!

I wish more people would protest. Giant Eagle takes advantage of the fact that they practically have a monopoly here in Pittsburgh.

I didn’t like
Poor quality of product and meats
Preferred solution
Giant Eagle needs to improve quality and lower prices
Review #1118545 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1118545.

Save A Lot - Horrendous Meat !

I just ate a few bites of their T-Bone, and I am sorry but it DOES NOT taste like beef ! It even smelled different.

If I were to sum up what it would taste like, I would say probably what dog food would taste like. IT WAS HORRID ! 2 weeks back I had gotten a package of their hamburger, both my daughter and I ended up with stomach aches.

A month back I tried their pork steak and it smelled so sourly horrid. I really think someone needs to investigate their meat products because something is NOT right here !!

Read

This hamburger meat smells weird and taste weird despite how I seasoned it.Not sure about it so I stopped eating it.... $7.54 loss.

Let the company propose a solution
Review #1115823 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1115823.