I signed up with Pivotal Payments for my debit machines in Edmonton who in turn sent me the lease agreement with Lease Finance Group Canada ULC. The debit machines could not perform the automatic tip percentage that they told me they could do so the day I received them and discovered this I had called Pivotal to tell them I was sending them back.

I asked if there was anything else I needed to do and they told me no. Well it has been 16 months and I am still having money taken out of my account by Lease Finance Group for machines I do not have. I have tried many times to call LFG and they do not answer. I have spoken with Pivotal who tell me they have nothing to do with the lease side of there offer (however they only deal with LFG and to get there rates a customner has no option but to sign up with LFG) leaving me to say that Pivotal is just as quilty as LFG.

My bank can not help me. How do I get my money back and more importantly how do I stop them from taking more money from me.

Comments

Change your bank account

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada #1082996

Close your bank account. They can't take money out if you don't have that account anymore.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada #1045331

I am dealing with the very same issue as you other folks. This is ridiculous.

I have tried to get an address to return their machine and cannot get an address from any of them.

I was 30 minutes on the phone yesterday with three different people and still no solution. This company needs to be stopped!!!

Same thing happens to me. I'm from Montreal and just closed my business couple of months ago.

I'm trying to end the lease but just cannot.

One representative did talk to me and told me to pay the final invoice for the last 2 months and return their machine and they would charging me monthly, which I agree or else, they would charge me 250$ to cancel the lease. By the way, I was paying 42$/month for a machine that I haven't used for years. I guess it was my fault, since I didn't call them earlier... I thought I was renting it for 3 years (back in 2006), but the representative told me that the contract would renew automatically after 3 years.

So I was paying them 42$ every month without even noticing.

When I shut down the business couple of months ago, I noticed that they were still debiting our bank account. At first, I didn't even know who they were so I call the bank and ask them to stop letting LFG debiting our account, which they did. Now, LFG just sent us an invoice by mail asking us to pay the past 2 months.

I'm just so fed up that I decided to agree to pay and returning their machine.

However, I asked them to send me a copy of the contract that we signed back in 2006. They said yes, they would fax it to me. They never did. Two different representatives said that they did and I never got anything.

Then, I asked them to e-mail me the exact address so I could send the machine back.

The representative did give me their address on the phone (I had to ask him twice for the ZIP code tho) but I insist that I want an e-mail to be sure that I have a written proof of the exact address, because I'm worried that they would just say that they never got the machine back and charge me another 250$. I gave them my address to the first representative, he told me that he just sent the e-mail with their address. I waited an hour later, nothing. Called them back, talk to another one, she told me that there was a typo, she would resend it to me.

I told her, I wanna be sure that I got her e-mail before we hung up. She said OK and told me that she just sent me the e-mail. Ten minutes later, still nothing. Supposed to be instantly I said.

Then she said that she sent many documents so that's why it could take longer and then we hung up.

The day after, I still haven't received anything from them. No fax with the contract that they promised, no e-mail with the address to send the machine back. I called them back and everytime I do, the receptionist asks me for me lease number, sends me to another department and they just leave me there for hours.

No answers. Left, a message on their voicemail, they never called me back. Same **** over and over again, they just send me directly to their voicemail or just let me wait forever. What should I do next?

Anyone here have sent their machine back to them successfully? If yes, please give me the address and I would ship it back right away with tracking and delivery confirmation.

This company if fraud!!! Can't believe how they are still in the business.

to Anonymous Kingston, Ontario, Canada #1045332

You should not have agreed to pay.... stick to your guns, change bank accounts or do the stop payment!!! Good luck

I have the same problem. After five years I tried to end the lease but they kept taking money from my bank account.

I changed banks now I get a bill every Month. It keeps adding up, don't know what to do next.

The only way you can stop them from auto debit is to close your existing account number and reopen with new account number.

Stop payment from your bank only works for the particular day the payment is suppose to be withdrawn, therefore if they change the auto debit date they will be able to withdraw.

I've gone through this myself and this was the only way to stop them. Good Luck I hope this helps you.

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada #911063

I wished I had read this earlier. I mean as of last month.

Under Canada's "Code of Conduct" legislated by the finance Minister for Canada as of November 2013 any changes in your contract increase or otherwise you can get out of all contracts regarding your payment process with Pivotal including your lease (with in a 90 day window of these changes). Call them notify them of cancellation, send back the equipment AND stop the payment at your bank to LFG.

Stand firm and good Luck!

to pbolus Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada #1119156

This may not work with the FCAC Code of Conduct. Lease Finance Group has disregarded the FCAC. Anybody know what to do now?

You would pay 12.50 dollars to the bank they can stop paying for you. This is a horrible company cheating thousands of Canadian small business with Pivotal Payment Resolutions before was Tangerine Payment Resolutions.

We have paid money to fight with in Canada but it costs though. Who can terminate these bugs?

YUP THEY KEEP- TAKING THE MONEY OUT AND EVEN AFTER I CANCELLED THEY STILL KEPT TAKING IT OUT HUNG UP ON 3 TIMES MONEY HUNGRY DONT CARE ATTUTUDE THEN ONLY ONE GUY NAMED MIKE CAN TAKE PAYMENTS

You can call this number - they will help you! Consumer protection rights 18885649963 !

Good luck this is my next step ! Funny bbb said they haven't received a complaint but i sure see a lot on line about this companys harassment !

Fill out the form business owners lets shut these frauds down ! I noticed they took a lot of extra fees off as well!!!!

I swtched my banking account so they couldnt take any more mobey out - same thing faulty machine and they dont tell you its from a lease company - weve been fighting with them for two years with constant harrassing phone calls daily at home and at work ! These people need to be shut down !

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada #656955

Lease Finance Group is currently giving us major migraines as well. I really feel as if there should be some sort of lobbying for legislation that will protect small businesses from scam companies such as these.

We are currently in a 25 year contract with LFG because of some *** auto-renewal. And because we don't have the machine anymore and sent them a similar machine, they will not terminate the contract. The machine is ancient and they have been debiting our account for years without us even knowing. Since then we have closed that account, but now they continue to bill us on a monthly basis and refuse to terminate the agreement.

I am so frustrated because the machine they want was so old and it was so long ago, we cant remember if we did return it but they never acknowledged it or if it was thrown out because it was garbage. Needless to say, we have been having phone call wars with LFG and now they want to charge us a $400 cancellation fee plus all of the fees we are in arrears due to us closing the bank account. They have been making money off of us for years for a machine we no longer use and it is so frustrating that they are able to cheat people like this and get away with it!!!

Who is out there protecting small businesses from scammers like these?

Pivitol did the same *** with me when I cancelled their contract. They kept automatically debiting my business taking a $500 dollar "cancellation fee". The only way I could stop it was to report it to my bank and the bank manager put a stop payment on it.

Now they send me these fake lease bills.

I don't pay them.

Where are the pencil pushing Government staff when you need them to crack down on these ***!

Lake Grove, New York, United States #350239

At about a same thing here ( Calgary) their equipment didn't work as promised, both sides agreed on returning equipment.

Now 3 month's later they keep trying to pull money out my account, the to send back 1000 dollar or so i paid so far for not working at all equipment, i guess they like me to forget about that.

bottom line; don't deal with this company

Hi there,

I can understand your frustration. I actually work for a Bank. I wish to let you know that your bank can help you.

Most of the banks in Canada have what they call a declaration form that says you do not agree with the terms of a Pre-auhtorized payment taken out, then they can send this to the actual company debiting your account and oficially free you from having this payment taken.

You can always close your bank account and open a new one, of course you might have to do a couple of changes and re-order cheques and so on, but at least you will not need anymore to pay this company.

You can always place a stop payment too, but your bank my charge you fees for that.

SO actually, from nothing now you have 3 options!

I hope this helps!