This guy took $2,900.00 from my Father to file my Dad's chapter 7 Bankruptcy (no written retainer agreement. In a little over a year he never even finished the paperwork, never had my Dad sign the paperwork, never filed the case.

My father died in June 2008. This lawyer said he would file the BK posthumously to protect the estate. One month later when we checked on the progress of the case, he lied and said he never agreed to file the BK posthumously. So I asked for a refund of the $2,900.00.

His secretary (and wife) Kelly Walsh, refused to refund one dime.

I asked for my Dad's file and a copy of the written retainer agreement between Tim Walsh and my father. I was told there was none. I requested an itemized statement justifying the $2,900.00 fee being used up without refund. They refused, no statement because there is no way they could ever justify not refunding that money.

The file consisted of an incomplete chapter 7 petition and they still have not sent me the diskette required if there are more than 5 creditors in a BK.

I have asked. They ignore me.

Comments

This guy is a total rollover when it comes to defense.He uses excuses like "Oh this Judge is tough" He was always late for court,poorly dressed and never say anything during the hearings.If you want a drunk as a lawyer go right ahead and hire this looser!!!

Mississauga Valley, Ontario, Canada #38143

Lawyer Mullhofer cheated my elderly father out of his estate and forced him to file bankruptcy. Lost his house to trust fraud. Contact elder abuse hot-line to stop *** lawyers.

Lake, Michigan, United States #27276

The same lawyer messed up on my Father's Trust and Will. After my dad died he wouldn't even advise us what to do next.

Because of that we lost a house which had been in our family 50 years.

This guy is a disgrace to a noble profession. I say make him pay.

Flandreau, South Dakota, United States #27189

The best bet is to sue the lawyer is small claims court. He will have to present his work and what he billed.It all depends what kind of judge you get,not to mention at NORMAL lawyer rates $3,000 doesn't go far

GeorgiaRose
Beryl, Utah, United States #27004

I think this attorney should have a complaint filed against him your state's local State Bar Association.

GeorgiaRose
Beryl, Utah, United States #27001

I am sorry of your loss of your father and your $2,900. I give you my utmost deepest condolences.

I hope that you will do everything in your power to get the money you are owed back.

I hope that things will work out for you in end. My father is a lawyer and his wife (my mother) is his secretary in Atlanta, Georgia and would never ever pull something like this to anyone.