Other Company - BEWARE!

Hired Camilo Montoya to do a complete kitchen. Did not do what I asked, had to call him 3 times to come back and fix the problems.

The 4th time he stated that he was not coming back and hung up on me. He is very nice at first but once he is paid beware.

Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1472996 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Thumbtack - Service sucks

I hired a granite countertop resurfacer who ruined my granite. His card said he was skilled with granite.

NOT!! He will not answer my phone or my texts. He blames it on his phone. What business person doesn’t have a working phone?

Now I will have to have the ruined countertop removed, new granite pick out and installed!! Cry

Bad quality
Review #1310084 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1310084.

Lowes - doesnt honor contract - Kitchen rehab

1.8

We hired lowes to remodel our kitchen. The coordination of the contractor and lowes delivery of materials was a mess.

They sent the incorrect cabinets twice. Then failed to send the full arrangement. The floor has serious defect issues and the workmanship by the contractor is poor. Complaining to Lowes is very frustrating the "specialist" that were very interested in getting our business ignored the complaint initially.

Only when corporate got involved did they come out to review the kitchen. Rude, indifferent and couldn't care less. It took 6 months for the kitchen to be completed, we are not happy with it. Continue to complain and asked that someone from management review the work.

Delays delays delays.

Corporate offers compensation that is about half of what it would take to fix their work. we continue to battle but be aware their strategy is to delay AND WEAR YOU DOWN, until you give up.

Commerce Township, Michigan
Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
Quality of work, Organization, Coordination of project, Customer care
Loss
$12000
Preferred solution
reinstall the floor. Abide by the contract we signed.
Review #1105508 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1105508.

Done Com - Lousy

1.1

I had hired done to redo an area in my kitchen by putting in a section of drywall. They did not match the knock down to the original drywall nor come close.

When I asked them to redo it, they wanted to charge me again and said the whole wall would need sanding which isn't what they told me when they first gave me the original estimate.

They are a rip off. Buyer beware.

Bad quality
Review #1088012 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1088012.
Featured

Thumbtack - Remodeling Review from Elmore, Alabama

I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with.

Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and 2 walls painted They worked about 1 day a weekl. When it was soppise to take one week for the whole job.

And i had to buy the tile. And i had to pay a plumber twice. So beware. Of price.

Also contractor wanted me to pay before job was finished. Big red flag.

This is after 2 weeks without my kitchen. Tried to be patient but my patience is thin, tomorrow starts 3 rd week and this what it looks like

Hello I am a general contractor in Florida and it's not unusual for a kitchen remodel to take 3 weeks or longer with that amount of work. That being said it sounds like whoever you hired was too optimistic about his time management and could not hold schedule.

I would be willing to bet he is not licensed. Best of luck

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1240669

Did you sue or seek relief? If so, how did it work out for you.

View more comments (1)
Elmore, Alabama
Poor customer service
Review #941778 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer941778.