Waterfurnace - Unsure why so many bad reviews

5.0

We installed our Waterfurnace geothermal system in 2009 and have yet to have one service call. Ever. Our unit is on the beach and my neighbors have all replaced their conventional HVAC systems at least 2 times now in the last 8 years due to salt corrosion. Our unit is still humming along nicely.

I thought I would add some positive perspective on our experience since it seems only "pissed consumers" go on this site.

After reading a majority of the reviews it appears many of the issues lie with the customers choice of installing contractor. The guy who installed ours was a very experienced GeoPro dealer who had the portfolio, references, licensing & knowhow to make us feel like he was the right choice. He also was not the cheapest as we are aware that cheaper is usually a "pay me now or pay me later" scenario.

My advice to any purchaser of Geothermal is to do your homework and certainly do not try to "pinch" your installer to get a Rolls Royce for the price of a Pinto. It can not happen and honestly some dealers should learn to walk away from those deals/customers rather than attempting to take on a project they can not properly do or feel comfortable installing.

AcceptableHummingbird

I bought a house with an older geothermal that has R-22. It is an efficient system and does what we need.

I need a replacement and people want to gouge me to convert to a standard system. I found a dealer who sells and services these units but this site has me very worried.

Tags
  • Waterfurnace Equipment
Pros
Product is holding up better than my neighbors, Energy savings
Good quality
Review #1462330 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - Dissatisfied in warranty

Now that my tub motor is not working & finding out they did Not install to GFI outlet. Suddenly my purchase name or account doesn't exist!

Neither the salesman! Company denies thet installed tub. I have proof they DID! Getting run around to no avail!

Unacceptable will not recomment this company at all to anyone considering this tub which also has no way of entering into already warmed water, necessary for elders. Very upset, wish I had been able to stop this purchase!!

Warranty issue
Review #1324460 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1324460.

Gutter Helmet - 5 properties installations

2.9

Had 5 property installations over 15 years. I like the product.

The parent company has changed hands. Atlanta distributor wants out. Repairs were always done fine. No complaints currently.

But it is hard to get someone to service the product. I would look around for another product.

Since Gutter Helmet came out better and less expensive systems have been developed.

{{Redacted}}

Installation
Pros
Quality product
Cons
Local distributor
Good quality
Review #1225479 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Done Com - DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!

Back in September 2017, I had contacted Done.com to have a handyman come to my house to install a new clothing (hanging) bar in my bedroom closet, and two light fixtures in two of my bathrooms. The guy they sent out was a young "20-something," along with his "20-something" wife.

Was a Saturday afternoon. I SPECIFICALLY told this dude that I wanted a steel bar installed in my closet and sent him down to Home Depot (right down the street from my house) to get it. Instead, he came back with a much cheaper bar. Installed that, and I told him I wasn't comfortable with it --- didn't seem too strong.

So I sent him back down to Home Depot to get a center support bracket for the bar. He installed that. Unbeknownst to me at THAT time, the goof only used a 1-inch screw! Well, just this past Friday night that screw popped right out of my wall.

He also did a half-a**ed job on a light fixture in one of my bathrooms -- didn't install it over the bracket. Called the company yesterday (March 31). Was told "the work was well past their 90-day warranty." And they CLAIM they hire "professionals" to do the work. AND I PAID $228 FOR THIS JOB!

So, I'm PISSED. I emailed them Saturday, March 31 expressing my discontent, and of course no one got back to me. CON ARTISTS!!! I highly recommend NOT dealing with this horse's *** company.

They are NOT reputable, and their customer service is deplorable. I'm a woman, am no contractor, BUT it takes COMMON SENSE 101 to know to install a much longer screw than that "20-something numb nut" did!

OMG! If you're looking for a handyman, DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Installation
Pros
Easy to find service
Cons
Very unprofessional and dishonest company
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1224049 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Gutter Helmet - Poor installation

I had Gutter Helmet installed about 4 years ago. They must of hired a bunch of outa work guys from the local Home Depot parking lot to do the work.

Was told that it would be install under a row of shingles so the water would run over the Gutter Helmet. It was not and has run under the Gutter Helmet thus encouraging the formation of icicles in the winter and getting the walkways and decks icy with the drippings. Had a guy come out to give me a quote to repair some damage and explained the issues with the installation to him and was told that they’d get it fixed when they came out to do the repair work. Since the repair work only amounted to a couple hundred dollars, they must of thought they’d ignore me and I’d go away for to fix the original install issues would cost them a lot more.

I would not recommend Gutter Helmet to anyone. Their web site only displays the 5 star reviews which is very deceiving!

You don’t see any of the 1,2, or 3 star reviews! My experience has been very disappointing to say the least.

Agree. It is expensive to install them and costs a lot to maintence and repair the gutter Although it gives warrenty, I do not think it is worth it because if the company goes bankrupt so goes the warrenty.

Installation
Cons
Discrepancy between ads and fact, Poor installation
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1212293 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Waterfurnace - It's Hard to Believe

3.7

Wow. It seems to me many are making bad assumptions. I had 2500 sf existing house and had Water Furnace installed. I have been more than happy.

I'm now adding 1100 sf to the house. Received 4 bids. One very low--too low compared to the others. The other 3 were $13,000 plus or minus $1000. Decided on 2.5 ton, with 15 kw electric back-up. (I have 3 6 ft sliding glass doors, and 6 4' x 6' windows.) It is inconceivable to me that one could get my job done for $4,000. Such a price ignores the size of the house, whether or not a complete ducting system is required, wether or not one uses hard ducting or corrugated, and on and on and on.

I too have noticed a strong disconnect between Water Furnace and the dealer which should be handled differently.

Interestingly, I just found out Water Furnace will void the warranty if UV system is installed. Don't understand this, but will soon.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Pricing issue
Review #1195802 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1195802.

Nebraska Furniture Mart - Water damaged my new house

We had an accident in which one of the driver installed a drain at wrong hole as a result, it caused water leak on inside home and outer walls in my new home before moving.

On Friday February 9th the claim was filed.

Based on claim report, Enviroclean guys had come up to see the water damage and installed dryers, The technician from Enviroclean also mentioned that wooden floor is damage and needs to be repair the wall.

Then, after I am after Nebraska Furniture to fix my house, no body is responding and they would also say we are waiting for Insurance Company response.

No body is taking responsibility on damage in Nebraska and they are passing this to the vendor company named NRX.

Why would I deal with vendor company ? I ordered appliances from Nebraska.

I am tired of doing follow up here with them and thought this review will help me further.

contact.us
Nebraska Furniture Mart Verified Representative

Hello Sir/Ma'am, We would be happy to look into this order further, however, we need more information to locate your order. Please contact us at Live Chat, 1-800-359-1200 or email by filling out the form at this link: https://www.nfm.com/customercare.aspx . We look forward to hearing from you!

The Colony, Texas
Installation
Cons
Lack of customer service, Customer service resolution
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #1195498 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Glacier Creation from Gutter Helmet Installation

Since installing "Gutter Helmet" to keep our gutters free of debris we find we have created a growing glacial ice field outside our doors. The wife and I both wear "Yak-Trax" to traverse the dangerous ice we must cross to get to and from our entry ways.

HaVING TWO DOGS GOING IN AND OUT PREVENTS USE OF DEICING MATERIALS. I cannot expect my decking to last too long if all I can do is chip with a spud. Legal advise says no warning signs for visitors as that is an admission that we know a dangerous condition exists. You were very careful to avoid mentioning this phenom in your sales pitch and materials.

The first I read about the problem came in the materials the installers hande me on completion of install AND then it was mentioned several times in your billing invoice materials, which were now pitching your solutions to this HAZARD.

Maybe, ol' Del Thebaud,Sr., would like to explain those missing warnings on the ice orior to install. W.G.Thomas

Bad quality
Review #1183460 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1183460.

Jcpenney - Appliance scan.

JC Penny and their appliance installers, They are such liars and with their delivery and install company are part of the scam. I paid for installation of both appliances.

Then the installer says we need a check list for installation that the JC Penny sales person "forgot" to give us. So we had to call and pay for a real installation crew They know the same routine of pushing blame back and forth between companies. Huge scam !!! A month late delivering and installation crew scam artist Dion Express who is the independent was a total *** bag.

Costco, JC Penny and Home Depot all use these disconnected and rehearsed routine do not care contractors.

Don't shop for appliances with these companies. Stop installation scams.

Order processing issue
Review #1155906 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1155906.

Love Lowes - five star service

5.0

This review is just on the process of calling on Lowes to install a replacement HVAC in my 2-story 3200 plus sq ft house. Process went very smoothly.

Air Clinic was the subcontractor. Peter, Sunny and Austin from Air clinic did the installation in a quick and professional manner. The new system started without any problem. Thank you all and thank you, Mike Gaboda of Lowes.

This is my fourth major project with Lowes. My husband and I are very satisfied customers.

The costs of the projects were always reasonable and any issues were quickly resolved. Will update this review as we use our new HVAC system.

San Antonio, Texas
Installation
Pros
Professional customer service
Good customer service
Review #1132536 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1132536.