NACA - If I knew then what I know now...

All I have to say is N.A.C.A. SUCKS!!!!

RUN!!! RUN!!!! and then RUN!!!! F A S T E R!!!!

There are more horror stories than good ones!!!

My house was inspected and all the items where not fixed and then they wanted me to use a home warranty to pay for all the items they did not fix or go to arbitration to get items fixed!!

What they said they would fix before I moved in. Why do I have to honor a contract N.A.C.A. violated by not doing their part.

I'm in a house that has now suffered all systems failure in the first year! and be held accountable for bringing items to "Code".

NACA_Online
NACA Verified Representative

This complaint is very unclear regarding the situation being described. NACA does not provide or make use of home warranties.

Therefore, we must assume the warranty referred to here is one that was already in place at the time the home was purchased. That being the case, taking advantage of the home warranty would only be logical as the previous owner should have already made use of the warranty to make the repairs before ever putting the home on the market. Additionally, it is clearly to the buyer's advantage to make use of it so the funds for the needed repairs would not have to be added into the mortgage, thus saving the borrower potentially thousands of dollars. In any case, it is the responsibility of the seller or buyer to arrange for the repairs to be made through a properly licensed and insured contractor, so where the question "Why do I have to honor a contract N.A.C.A.

violated by not doing their part" simply doesn't make sense. The only possible actions that NACA could have taken under the situation described would have been to the buyer's benefit and within the terms of HAND department guidelines. With regard to "bringing items to 'Code'", objecting to doing so again makes no sense as making sure the home meets building code requirements is a legal matter and not an option under any circumstances. The home must meet local health and safety standards without exception.

At no point will NACA allow a home purchased under our program to fail health and safety standards.

To object to necessary repairs is to not only refuse to abide by the rules of the NACA program, it quite probably flies in the face of legal requirements that are meant to insure that all homes abide by a clear set of legally established standards designed to protect the inhabitants of every home in the community. Tim Trumble Online Operations, NACA

Poor customer service
Review #1337684 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1337684.

Worst Renovation Ever!

Do not hire Ivan Beram to do anything in your house! I was renovating my stairs with this poor excuse of a company and the job was nothing I have seen before.

To begin:

1. Terrible customer service - never returned calls or texts; promises fall through; there was no written contract

2. Unreliable - Did not show up on time or not at all

3. Irresponsible - same as above

4. Poor workmanship - cutting corners to do the job - ie. gluing spindles instead of nailing; always left work area extremely messy; glue on my hardwood floors that I cannot remove

5. Constant complaining about money! Not having enough money to pay own personal bills; Even complained about a $10 Spindle!!! that he *** up on all of them cutting them too short.

At this point I cannot get a hold of him at all. Please do not contact this company for any renos!

user28595675
Poor customer service
Review #1204717 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Homes 4 Rent - First time renter and this Place a joke.

We have lived in this place now 16 months and our lease up in March and we are so out of here. We rented the place and they said any problems in the first 10 days to let them know they would fix anything.

We never went in attic when we rented and the cable guy came to hook up TV and internet. He would not do it as he said the Rat and mouse crap was so bad he would not go in. I went up and its like nothing you ever seen. We called American Homes and they said its our problem they do not do rodents.

OK thats not what they said when we signed but ok. 8 months later I decided to call as we had many storms here in TX and many Shingles off the roof. I told them and they said somebody come out. Never happened.

We got leaks all over a few months later I called again. They sent a guy out who did not speak English, LOL. He has an open Bundle of shingles and A Caulking gun. I asked him about the Ceiling which was black and molding.

HE took out a can of white spray paint and painted over the Mold. I called up after he left and again they said somebody come out. Never happened. The roof is leaking even more now and walls have bubbles in the Sheetrock.

We also have 4 Plugs that do not work now. Checked Breakers etc. Again called and they told me I have to pay the first $100. Which I signed for when got Lease.

They told me that was for small Problems like Lights and small plumbing etc. I am not paying for the Roof nor the Electric Problems. LOL This house only 17 years old and its falling down. This place a complete Joke and Never have I been late and have Perfect Credit.

I am leaving in March when lease is up and just wanted to give my opinion on this Company.

I am 53 year old male who owned his own place for 30 years. We are buying a new home in 2 years in another state and that is only reason we rent.

Sounds crummy.

But since you already have an exit strategy, stick with it !

If this is truly a "rental" situation, the property owner is obligated to maintain the dwelling to local standards of health and cleanliness which rodent droppings ain't.

You could raise so much more cain if you wanted too.

But - NO MORE CALLS - repeat - NO MORE CALLS.

All correspondence must be conducted via Certified Mail return receipt requested in order to establish a legally verifiable timeline.

@William

Thanks and sorry I did not follow up more with this and we do plan on doing just that. We also recorded the entire house and have the original pics they took when we moved in.

Thanks.

Damaged or defective
Fix home
Review #1140339 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1140339.
2.5

LGI Homes - Getting warrenty work done IMPOSSIBLE lies after lies

I have several issues dating back ti April 2017. 1st off my A/C was cracked and 1 week after I moved in it leaked all though my attic and came through the ceiling doing minor repair which has yet to be done they only repaired the pan which the repair man dropped my unit from the attic damaged the wall and my door frame which need to be replaced and I have waited and waited in the mean time other things that have happened I wanted to spray for pest so I contacted the pest control they come out but they cant spray why?

I ask because you dont have a port boy if that wasn't a headache from you know where the was the quickest they have ever moved because it was a signed contract they cut my house in half wait til you see the pictures they had to cut a hole in my carport to make sure that they did not install it still waiting on those repairs it has been 3 months plus when they nailed my house back together they knocked out putty and cracked sheetrock in the inside of my NEW HOME and still have not come to repair it I have made apt after appt. matter of fact they were supposed to come Tuesday and Wednesday of this week to do a lot of the repairs and guess what NO CALL NO SHOW NO CONTACT of any sort.

then my back yard washes away along with several other homes and all I get for answers is that you have to expect that it come with the territory TELL THAT TO THE COUPLE WHOSE KID FELL IN THIER BACKYARD HOLE AND COULD NO NOT GET OUT THEY ARE STILL WAITING ON REPAIRS My water meter in my front yard keeps washing and the hole keeps getting bigger and bigger and they have been made aware of same and I was told no worries I will be out Monday that was two weeks ago still again a no show no fix no nothing THIS IS A LEMON AND I STILL CAN NOT BE HAPPY WITH ALL THE REPAIRS THAT ARE NEEDED BEFORE MY WARRENTY EXPIRES THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE DONE THERE IS NO WAY BECAUSE THEY KEEP PUUTING HOUSES UP AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT THOSE TIL THE PEOPLE GET IN.. BUYER BEWARE DONT TAKE ANYTHING BY VERBATUM MAKE THEM WRITE IT DOWN AND WHATEVER YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU GET IN WRITING FROM MAINTAINCE AS WELL I HAVE SOME OF MY STUFF DOCUMENTED BUT MOST OF IT HAS BE BY WORD AGAIN BUYER BEWARE.

Tags
  • OUTRAGED CUSTOMER
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1117257 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1117257.
1.4

Handyman

We hired a handyman by the name of Eddy Wheat. He did some small jobs for us and the work was adequate.

We asked him about repairing a roof that was partially damaged from Irma. He told us he could fix the issue with a friend that is roofer for 35 years. After the work was supposed done He contacted us via text demanding to be paid. My wife called him and asked to see the work first and the handyman laid into her.

He stated that we needed to meet up with him and also pay him in cash. See pictures of botched job.

wkirkc
Bad quality
$2000
Review #1114287 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.8

Waypoint Homes - Not meeting expectations

Recently moved to Las Vegas for work from east coast leaving family and friends behind. I have visitors in town about every 2-3 months.

I've lived in this house for about a year now and had several issues that been extremely frustrating and as repair techs have been out, explained it's neglect, irrigation system sitting on top of rock in the sun, etc. Since living in the house repair work on the irrigation system maybe 6-8 times in a year, including replacing entire back yard. Had a leak in the irrigation system several months ago on the side of the house without doors or walkways, so it had gone unseen for an undetermined amount of time creating a $400+ water bill. This pooling water also created an influx of weeds in the area which eventually turned into a fines from the home owners association, which is a whole other store.

Due to a windstorm normal scheduled pool service did not occur on normal scheduled day. Under the impression they would show a day later to catch up and did not. Maybe they were doing catch up on Saturday, nope. No one contacted me to inform me that No One would be showing, and no credit issued for the service that did not occur but, was paid for.

I had family fly in to a cesspool in the back yard ruining the weekend. I have flown in family, including 2 kids this weekend to 105 degree Las Vegas with the promise of pool. Now the pool filter has a crack in it, they were notified. They have little sense of urgency in the matter.

I spoke with the pool company that would be doing the work and he said he would be able to come out as soon as waypoint approves it. I asked if I could just pay for it to get it done, he stated it was up to waypoint. When I contact waypoint that state "Our reviewing manger is off for the weekend" Absolutely unacceptable. So that brings us to this point.

I have an entire weekend with 105-110 degrees to look at this unusable pool in the backyard because the reviewing mgr is off. A smart company would have systems in place to ensure the customer giving them $100s, $1000s monthly would be taken care of. I do pay a premium because I chose a home with a pool. I pay extra for maintenance.

The individuals that do the work are outstanding. It's waypoint more concerned about profit than customers.

Again another holiday weekend ruined do to "reviewing mgr off for the weekend" If you have a choice and can avoid Waypoint Home For your benefit Please do so. Just ask yourself as a customer of Waypoint - Do you stop living in your homes on the weekends?

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear of the many maintenance issues you have experienced. All of our offices (except our Call Center) are closed on the weekends, and were closed earlier this week for the holiday.

We have created a case for your local team to contact you as soon as possible to further discuss. Your reference number is 103113.

Waypoint Homes

pcrpay_20
I liked
Most of the people are friendly
I didn’t like
Manager approving repairs off on weekends
Poor customer service
Review #1068692 is a subjective opinion of poster.

LGI Homes - Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Those of you with poor drainage and flooding should contact your local Planning Department, Department of Water Resources, or similar agency to have them review the grading plan approved for your development. If LGI varied from the plan then they will be be made to resolve it.

When we were under contract for our LGI home, we noticed a lot of standing water in the backyard when it rained and determined that the downspout on one corner of the house routed more than 60% of the roof's water to one area of the backyard, where it would not drain due to the grading. Armed with this evidence we had LGI agree to install French drains in multiple locations that routed this water out of the back yard. They tried to do it a cheaply as they do everything else by ending the drain at our side property boundary, but that neighbor notified the City, and they forced LGI to pipe it out to the street, even though they had to drill holes through the existing curbs. When our HOA was being transitioned from LGI to the homeowners, we had the City inspect the four storm water retention ponds and discovered that they were so overgrown from neglect by LGI that it would cost more than $60,000 to get them approved by the City.

LGI had to cover this cost, and they did. Look for someone who carries more weight to fight your battles for you.

Finance Company
Review #1058740 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1058740.

Mr Handyman - Mr. Handyman of Louisville Northeast Photos show how shoddy work is

Charged us nearing $4500 with cost of supplies. Now placed lien on our home stating we owe them still $500.

Never would address the repair work where wood is still left exposed and wrap has gaps allowing for moister and rain to get in. They have attempted to bill us an additional $1350 for the same dates work. Also posted by their "handyman" Matt that he was on our property without permission and unlawfully entered our residence when we were not home. They also forged our signatures on invoices to get payment.

Billing for hour they were not present then also leaving no supplies we paid for. Stay away from them!

CMoody70
I didn’t like
Not honest
Full refund
Review #1022998 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Thumbtack Property Damage Guarantee Useless

Hired mason through Thumbtack to fix brick steps. He left mortar all over bricks which can't be removed.

I tried a chisel, acid wash, sandpaper; everything. I will now have to replace all the bricks - will cost thousands to replace. Their customer service rep said (phone conversation 11/5/16) Thumbtack's property guarantee doesn't apply because a brick wasn't broken. The mason I hired (through their site) should come out and clean up the brick.

He further stated that had a brick been broken or a railing busted, it would apply. I told him my property WAS damaged as I have to replace the steps due to their mason's work. Their mason is refusing to return my calls.

Other masons have told me the steps have to be replaced now since the mortar has hardened into the pores of the bricks. It will cost me thousands.

Read

I'm a mason for over 27 years. I'm a licensed, bonded and fully insured General Contractor that's also has a Handyman services. Seven 2 seven, 336, two nine 90 I'm Bruce who owns Acticom.

Lisa_NC
Carlsbad, California, United States #1250907

Try acid and wire brush.

If I haven't already...

My husband has to go back and clean up after the Mexicans constantly!

Kennebunk, Maine, United States #1239004

Just use a cement stain to dye the mortar red, or wait for it to weather down to match.

Poor customer service
Review #949841 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer949841.

Thumbtack - Buckle Up.

We bought our first house and were very excited to start renovations just days after we signed. We found Thumbtack and decided to give it a shot, and our biggest thing was that everyone had passed a background check!

A young man came and mounted our television. Another man came and did some electrical work (installed our Nest Thermostat and our August Doorbell). I put a job on Thumbtack for general carpentry to get some quotes for built-ins by our fireplace and in our new dining room. I had four quotes. One was from a man whose price was right, and his pictures and reviews seemed nice. He said in his message that he was sort of a man of all trades, so I invited him to come to our house on afternoon to measure out the job and take a look at other projects we had around the house. He arrived and my fiancé and I showed him around. Let's call him ***. He seemed knowledgable enough, and he was friendly and personable. Quite the salesperson. *** sent us an estimate, we reviewed the other five we got from other general contractors, and we decided to go with him (even though his price wasn't the cheapest, he said he was going to be able to complete the job before the movers were bringing everything in). We signed the contract. He arrived with his partner a couple of days later to look over everything. His partner - let's call him Tiny Tim - rubbed me the wrong way to begin with, but *** was the "boss," so I didn't really press that. The next day, *** and Tiny Tim showed up and began working on the wall we wanted to have built in our entry/dining area. They worked quickly and the wall was up in less than four hours. We were so excited, and we told them how impressed we were with their work. That was the last time I was impressed with them... but I'm getting ahead of myself. *** promised and over-promised things he would never deliver on. He sub-contracted the half bathroom job to his uncle who sloppily placed tiles and did poor cuts that wasted almost an entire box of tile (a $43 value). We went away for a week, and expected to come back to completed floors, but we returned to giant gaps in the vinyl planks he had his team put down. I went through and put blue tape over each gaping crack - by the time I was done, there were over 100 pieces of blue tape on the floor... and this was simple click-lock vinyl. He also caused a leak while we were away (in addition to the one he had already caused just a week prior), a hole in the floor boards, numerous holes in the walls and damages to our personal belongings. We were very discouraged at this point, but he continued to promise work would be done, and his contract was until a specific date. He seemed to think he could fix and complete the job by the date on the contract. We also found out the cops came to our house at one point while we were away because there was an altercation between ***, Tiny Tim, and our neighbor. Tiny Tim copped an attitude, and the neighbor decided to call the police because he felt threatened. ***'s explanation of this was that we had an "*** of a neighbor" and just to "stay away from him."

Oh. One thing I forgot to mention: he NEVER showed up for a full day of work. On average, he would arrive around 1:00 PM and leave around 5:00 PM. Once or twice, the "crew" would stay until 7:00 PM or so, but there was hardly ever anything to show for it.

At this point, *** had over $50,000 from us.

My fiancé had an electrician come out to look at the job and to install our second Nest upstairs. He pulled some of the recessed lights *** had installed and looked around a bit. He said, "99% of what he has done is not up to code. Any of this could cause a fire because of what he's done."

This was the same day the contract was up. We also found out, courtesy of GOOGLE, that he served at least five years in FEDERAL PRISON for a drug conspiracy. He gloated about his hustling days.

So after lots of deliberation (and COMMON SENSE), we decided to let him go. He did about $14,000 worth of work, and we were willing to let him keep that. However, he had other plans. He decided he needed to charge us for food, gas, tolls, materials, and taxes not listed on the contract. He also claimed that over $4000 worth of tools "went missing" while he was working here.

Blah blah blah. He caused at least $7000 worth of damages to our house. In the end, he gave us back a QUARTER of what we gave him... when not even a quarter of the work was done. But here's the truth - he's just the kind of guy that wouldn't have that money left over, so we took what he would give us because even if we sued him, he wouldn't be able to give us even that much. We found out he opened his business bank account the same day that I handed him that first check for 50% of the work, as he asked for in the contract.

But let's go back to the REAL issue here: HE SERVED TIME IN FEDERAL PRISON (yes, this was confirmed - he has a parole officer less than 30 miles from our house), AND HE WAS IN OUR HOUSE EVEN THOUGH HE PASSED A BACKGROUND CHECK. HE IS A CONVICTED FELON AND WE GAVE HIM OUR MONEY BECAUSE HE PASSED A BACKGROUND CHECK. Thumbtack should go down for this. Our lives were threatened by this man - YES, he threatened our lives - and we were AFRAID OF HIM, and he had access to our house.

#1221925

Some home owners are so dump as a sheep. Check the license first then go from there. Sorry to hear that but you were way too nice.

Bad quality
Review #928765 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer928765.