4.3K views

I STARTED WRITING ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO ON THIS BLOG. I THINK I WROTE ABOUT 150 ARTICLES, SOME AS LONG AS ONE THOUSAND WORDS.

MOST OF THE ARTICLES WERE ABOUT THE PRODUCTS,POLICIES,AND PRACTICES, OF THE HEARING AID INDUSTRY, AT ALL LEVELS, INCLUDING MANUFACTURING,AND RETAIL.

I ALSO WROTE ABOUT THE CHICANERY,DECEPTION,FRAUD, AND LACK OF ETHICS IN THE BUSINESS.

I EXPOSED FALSE ADVERTSING,ETC,ETC,ETC.

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME AN ACTIVE WRITER AGAIN.

FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS, I HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY E-MAIL AND TELEPHONE FROM ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES. I EVEN RECEIVED A CALL FROM LONDON,ENGLAND.

MY NAME IS DAVID A.THORPE AND MY OFFICE AND BUSINESS IS LOCATED IN HUNTINGTON BEACH,CALIFORNIA. I HAVE BEEN DISPENSING HEARING AIDS FOR ABOUT 28 YEARS.

I WRITE UNDER THE NAME OF ALSIP MAGISTRATE OR ALSIP JUDGE, SINCE THAT IS WHAT I WAS DURING THE YEARS OF 1961 TO 1965.

MY TOLL FREE NUMBER IS: (800) 432-7114

I CONSIDER MYSELF A CONSUMER ADVOCATE AND OFFER CONSULTATION AND ADVICE TO ANYONE THAT HAS OR IS CONSIDERING BUYING HEARING AIDS.

OBVIOUSLY, I CAN ONLY PROVIDE ADVICE TO THOSE NOT LIVING IN PROXIMITY TO MY OFFICE.

DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL ME FOR MY OPINION, BASED ON 28 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE HEARING AID INDUSTRY.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING HEARING AIDS, LIKE WHAT I WRITE.

BUT THE CONSUMERS DO.

I ALWAYS CLOSE AND SIGN OFF BY STATING: BUYER BEWARE.

REGARDS,

DAVID A. THORPE

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #854139

Please stop yelling.

My Audi suggests the Widex premium 440 BTE. I have severe bilateral hearing loss. I am currently wearing ITC from Costco ,they have done fairly well but I am now having difficulty with word discrimination.

She first suggested going to johns Hopkins for a onsultation for the cochlear but I m not ready or that.

Anyone with information ,would love to hear your thoughts !!

I wish to discuss with Mr. Thorpe the manner in which hearing aids are upgraded. Please contact me directly.

Have questions about reviews I have been unable to find anywhere on the internet so far. You sound like you could help.

to Angie King San Diego, California, United States #743113

as u have, I have been unable to find reviews when I do a search on the internet so far. all that comes up is the advertisers.

from connect hearing, supposedly sponsored by AAA it was a total scam. you call a number, connected or given to u by AAA. they totally lie & scam u. they tell u they will give 40% off and they give another price wen u go into the place.

they lie about the manufacturers they sell & it appears they are owned by phonak. after having purchased the hearing aids, without even having been tested with them on, I left the office & found that my hearing was worse with them, than without. it made background sounds louder & speech sounds lower. I brought them back the next day to get my money back, & then I had to wait 3 weeks for them to "process" the payment.

this place connect hearing is a total scam for more reasons, to many to mention here.

Costco Kirkland Signature 4.0 RIC Hearing Aid.

How can you tell if the device is a 4.0 since it looks like prior models?? The serial number does contain code for the manufacturing year, but not sure where the model number shows up.

Alsipmagistrate (misleading name), you sound like a blow hard. Much of the information you write in this blog is inflamatory and misleading to readers.

to Ron #732812

W O O F !

to Ron #732867

Alas, Ron, YOU are the blowhard.

Are you a salesman?

Elijah

to Ron #735622

Ron

You are the ignorant blowhard, I believe.

Magistrate Knows

And

CARES!

Elijah

I am looking for new hearing aids to replace my 5-year old in-the-ear aids. I would prefer the BTE design due to ear wax problems.

My hearing loss is moderate to severe in my left ear and moderate in my right ear. The audiologist said I may need an ear mold in my left ear. There are so many options that it is exceedingly confusing to know what things are really important, especially when I'm on a limited budget. I have looked at aids on the internet and the prices are so much less than at the local guys for the same brand and model.

But, I'm concerned about programming by someone far away. What would you consider to be the most reliable and best value for me?

Thank You for your consideration.

Paul:

Call me at (800) 432-7114

Request comments on top-of-line BTE aids, such as Phonak Ambra, and Starky X-Series, or other. I have moderate-to-severe loss.

Clarity is my priority.

New, freqency sample-and-shift technology seems promising; as does Phonak "Zoom technology". Appreciate what you have to say ...

I live in Long Beach, CA; and am currently in touch with Shohet Ear Assoc., but trying to avoid or delay surgery/Esteem approach.