A real scam! Ambetter Insurance

Only joined 2 months ago. No doctors take the insurance.

Paid only 2 months. Never could find a doctor.

Count me in on lawsuit. Jeanmd88@yahoo.com Thanks!

ExhaustedSparrow956

I want info for lawsuit I pay everything out of pocket the insurance covers good drs and they don’t follow through! TAPE ALL YOUR CALLS YOU WILL NEED THEMthey day the tape all calls but can’t find who I spoke to last month.

I want to know where class action lawsuit is I want in they have cost me over 50,000 dollars.

Paying for drs. Medince tests they have no record of my calls and they filed a Grievance Angela told me the grievance would take 30 days I talk to the third-party that helps I am better and she told me it’s tied up now for 90 days I have no insurance no nothing for 90 days I dig blood pressure medicine I have a bad heart I’m gonna have a heart attack over this

Health Insurance
Review #1473394 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1473394.

Centene - SLEAZY FRAUDS!

Update by user Jan 21

Originally posted December 20, 2018, I can update that as of January 20.... Centene had made ZERO effort to contact me.

Additional communications with Ambetter in Arizona have also been ignored. Calls are NEVER EVER returned. File appeals all you want, just don't expect them to EVER respond.

I filed 4 appeals on September 15, 2018 and to date, I still haven't received a formal response on any of them. SLEAZY FRAUDS!!!!

Original review posted by user Dec 20, 2018

Centene Corporation tries to operate and exist as a hidden, unknown parent company of Ambetter, Health Net, and several other trade names. With some insurance companies, there is never any doubt who is the actual parent company is...

i.e. SafeCo is a Liberty Mutual company, or Esurance being part of Allstate. However, Centene makes every effort to avoid being known and for good reason. They are a fraud.

A sleazy unethical FRAUD! Do your research and make sure you aren't selecting a company owned and operated by Centene. They screw up invoices, they fail to pay providers, and fail to respond to appeals and complaints.

Any attorney wanting a class action case.... let me know.

Dawg1995
I didn’t like
Existence, Customer service, Appeals process being all about delays not resolution, Inefficient claim process, Ineffective management
Loss
Preferred solution
COMPLETE PAYMENT OF MY PROVIDER AND REFUND OF MY PREMIUMS FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT
Review #1429530 is a subjective opinion of poster.

AARP - Not so Senior friendly

after being solicited to by AARP, I decided to change my carrier from a company on the east coast to AARP. Both carriers represented Delta Dental.

I had Delta Dental for 5 years. Because I changed carriers, AARP gave me a new "waiting period", so certain procedures were not covered. They did not tell me at the time I switched to AARP that I would have a waiting period. So even though I went from Delta Dental, to Delta Dental, AARP will not waive the wait period.

I had a broken tooth that needed a crown, so $1800.00 later, I find out my dental work was not covered. I have tried to find out why they will not honor my time with the same insurance company, but no luck. My advise to anyone looking at AARP for anything, ask questions.

I, like many other seniors am on a limited budget, and worry about the premium each month. Now I have an additional $1800.00 to pay.

Problems with payment
Review #1308646 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1308646.

Marketplace or healthcare sucks

I am disabled and 65 my wife is 64 and I got her marketplace insurance like Oboma said!

it started out atb $43.00 and with in 6 months it went to $68.00 that was 2016 in 2017 it started at $68.00 within 3 month it went to $98.00 then in Jan. 2018 I got a bill for $1200.00 per month I could not pay that bill and called to see what was up. I was told that according to my pay well

I get $400.00 about per week and with anybills you can see there is no way to pay $1200.00 per month for afforable care health insurance

sorry for the *** but what I hav now is a bill they want me to pay at $3600.00 before my wife can get health insurance I appealed and for the last 3 months they ask for information like 1040 from the IRS for 2016 &2017 I send them that they say they don't get I ask the tell what you did not get they say 2015 never ask for it so I send 2015 and 2016 well guess what they say it was not sent to them I do not know where to go from here

MaterialisticScorpion632
Poor customer service
Review #1288671 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Harassing calls and then they hang up on you

TIA called at 8:10 a.m. EST

I answered because I thought it was my husband calling to check on me. I had just had surgery the day before. When Tia asked if this was a good time I said

"No I would reach out to them" and before I could even finish my sentence she said

"NO YOU WON'T, STOP BEING RUDE LADY." and hung up on me!

I wanted to contact management but it appears that with whatever this organization is, calls aren't recorded for customer service training.

I don't even know how I got on this list, but the calls are non-stop. I was only on line looking for health insurance. Sorry I ever did that.

Poor customer service
Review #1237304 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1237304.

Healthcare Gov - No Accountability

All I can say, it's been awful! In Feb, contacted the Market Place directly because I needed to change policies because another insurance company totally screwed up my policy. The marketplace lady found me a similar policy to what I had in 2017 and said that I could actually get a tax credit which lowered my premium by half! I was told that my current policy would be cancelled as of 2/28 but my new policy would not start until Apr 1 and I would not have insurance for the month of March. She instructed me to cancel my auto draft to BCBS NC which I did. I got my new insurance cards in the mail that say effective Apr 1 - I thought perfect, something actually went well. NOT! I went to make my payment last week online for my new premium and it wouldn't let me pay less than what it said I owed (it still had the premium for March). I called BCBS and of course, the buck gets passed back to the Market Place. I talk to yet another person who tells me the original person did it right but did not ask for a retroaction cancellation policy which she updated and told me it would take a couple of days for BCBS to clear that and all will be good. I said I need to make sure that my policy is not cancelled so they told me to send a check. I called BCBS and asked where to send the check and I did last week. Made an emergency dr appt for wed and they called me back saying I didn't have insurance and I was cancelled! So, for literally over 6 hours was on the phone between the Market Place and BCBS and still no better off than when I started and to top it off, I did what I was told to do by both and now neither is accepting responsibility or making any effort to escalate a solution!

1. Original call to Market Place - the lady that told me NOT to pay the March premium because I would not have insurance was completely wrong. My policy was not cancelled and now being told that it expired on Mar 31 and I have to pay over 1K for a policy that I was told was cancelled and told NOT to pay. The woman that I had on the phone tonight during my last hour call pretty much blamed me for listening to a Market Place Employee!!!!

2. BCBS - Sorry, we told you the wrong address to send the payment and we don't have it in our system, so now you have to overnight a check at your expense, what???? I asked for their FEDEX number and never got one after 2 hours on the phone with probably half that time put on hold (I am sure they were hoping I would just go away). My second hour and half call to BCBS tells me that even if they got my check they won't re-instate because I didn't pay for March! All the notes and all the calls and the entire situation is in the record yet nobody can fix it. But, go to your very important dr visits and IF the retroaction is approved, send us the claim. Yeah, do I have stupid written across my forehead?

The dr appts and procedures that I have this week are from appts I had to cancel in March and reschedule for April all because I stupidly did what I was told to do from employees of BCBS and the Market Place! To actually be told that I am pretty much to blame for listening to what a Market Place employee told me to do is beyond unbelievable and really could not believe what I had just heard!

I told the woman she has to be kidding me that she is blaming me for doing what I was instructed to do. They have all the notes, when I have called, the purpose of the calls, etc. Surely, they know exactly who I talked to in Feb and she should absolutely be held accountable and pay that bill that BCBS is now telling me that I have to pay!

Now, I still have no insurance, will not be able to get the much needed shots in the back to relieve the awful pain I am in and have been in since my last round of shots and missing a month because of what I was told to do. In addition, had to cancel what was hopefully one of my last MRI's needed and Cancer Dr follow up visits all because nobody wants to take responsibility and realize that the error(s) were not my doing. Forget taking responsibility, how about somebody taking the initiative to fix it and fix it now?!

Just awful for what law abiding, tax paying Americans have to go through to get medical insurance! Shame on all of you!

#1520619

Check out https://www.unitedbenefitsinsurance.com/ they have short term medical plans and they generally don't overcharge for prescriptions. They also have agents that have been in the health insurance game for a while so maybe they can answer some of your questions.

Bookcrazy

Unless you are getting a subsidy, don't use the Market Place. I believe it is probably the most inept government organization operating today.

h.kitchener

Isn't ObamaCare wonderful?

SeemlyBarnOwl
I didn’t like
Each one gave me a different answer, Would not resolve problem
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
fix the problem ASAP. remove the premium for March immediately as I was instructed not to pay and that my policy was cancelled as of Feb 28 and my new policy would start on Apr 1 which I sent payment for as instructed. Dr appt needs to be apprvd asap
Review #1230293 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Healthcare Gov - Incorrect 1095 A

We has health care coverage for 2017 thru the New Mexico Exchange from Jan to June. We received 1095 from them with coverage from Jan thru February.

March thru June wasnt covered at all. Called multiple times for an updated form, each time they said they would mail the corrected form in 10-15 days. They said the website will be updated in 10 days. its been couple month and the website still shows old form.

its Apr 1 we still don't have a form. Cannot file tax return without it.

Now they say the issue is escalated and escalations take up to 30 days.

We had billing issue last year which took 3 months to resolve. Its very frustrating dealing with Healthcare.gov

Order processing issue
Review #1223339 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1223339.

Atlantic Health Systems - Newton NJ ER

Be careful what Dr you allow to treat you at the ER! Hospital is in network Dr was not he billed 355 times the Medicade recommended amount for the service!

He was paid by insurance he said he was part of and balance billed us as out of network his office sys he takes no insurance? Scammer as we were told by his office he was in network for follow up appointment

Health Insurance
Review #1221103 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1221103.

Healthcare Gov - Failed to produce my 1095-A for 2017, Failed to resolve issue, No way to send in proof, When proof finally sent to Common Ground, still not resolved on Marketplace end

October 2017, notified that would be losing state Healthcare for Dec 2017 but was eligible for late enrollment in marketplace so in November, enrolled for 2018 coverage, picked plan, paid premium, went back enrolled for 2017 December coverage, picked plan, paid premium. Thought it was all good. Never got cards for December 2017. Never used any insurance, so wasn't worried.

Looked for 2017 1095-A on Marketplace, none generated. Marketplace 2017 and 2018 apps said completed, had bank statements with premium payments made, had email receipts from Common Ground for premium payments made, yet between Marketplace and Common Ground, I still do not have a 2017 1095-A and it's nearly the end of March yet. I filed complaint with BBB against Common Ground and was finally contacted by someone at CG to whom I sent in my proof of payment/receipt/completed applications.

Received a call from the person at CG who stated they found my 2017 App and put it through and that Marketplace would be generating my 2017 1095-A. Been two weeks now, Marketplace website still not showing document under forms. Called Marketplace and was told that the 2nd escalation had been closed as denied by Common Ground as well. They are submitting a 3rd escalation (since the first two accomplished so much good...)

While on phone with Marketplace, conferenced in Common Ground contact who admitted they found the 2017 app and just put it through this month. Yet neither of the two people on the conference call could figure out how to get my 1095-A generated.

Ridiculous. Something is really wrong in this system.

Still waiting and tax day is just 27 days away. I've had everything I needed for two months now, except this form.

Please President Trump. Make the Marketplace go away.

user79623356
Tags
I didn’t like
No resolution to problems, No way to send in proof documentation, Incompetent customer service reps, Broken information systems, Case escalations closed without any notice or resolution
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1215976 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Highmark Blue Cross And Blue Shield - Worst of the Worst - NEVER GET INSURANCE FROM HIGHMARK

I paid my December bill of over $1,000 and they were not paying my claims for December when I called them March 08th they said my policy was cancelled December 1st. They claim I owed them .48 cents - they never informed me they cancelled my policy - they had not intention of returning the 1,040.22 I sent them for the December bill - when asked why they did not return the money if they cancelled the policy - I received a lame answer of we can cut a check now.

Wait 4 months after you cancelled and never informed me. Refusing to pay any December Claims - have my money and cancelled my policy.

I guess since I did not renew insurance with them they decided they can try to take of advantage of me. WRONG PERSON TO MESS WITH!!!!

user46600639
Loss
Full refund
Review #1206745 is a subjective opinion of poster.