Guthy Renker products very questionable quality

I tried this and it was overrated. Not sure why my skin turned red after use.

Kept using it thinking it might change and then saw the news where people were having big problems with Wen hair care products I quit using it. People's hair falling out from Wen. I had also tried that product briefly. One order.

Another scam beauty product. Both Guthy Renker products. The big corporation is making a ton of money off the ignorant consumer and little guy. They don't care about quality products.

The bottom line is the $$$$$. They don't care if it hurts people.

So the reason for this review is that I just watched another scam product by Guthy Renker crepe erase.....I am amazed they are still in business with their terrible reputation... and they keep making tons of $$$$$$$$

NeedyTigerSalamander
I didn’t like
Scam products
Bad quality
Preferred solution
For that company to go out of business and be responsible for the damage they have caused people
Review #1264874 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sally Beauty Supply - Do your own research, don't listen to their recommendations

Over the last couple of years I've spent hundreds of dollars on hair products at Sallys. In the course of that 2 years my hair went from being in great shape to awful shape...dry, crispy, no life, no shine, like a sticky build up that won't come off, won't curl, won't do anything except frizz and break off.

Each time I would go in and ask...what can I do about my dry hair, an employee would direct me to a product saying use this, it is great. I would buy it, try it and then my hair was worse off.

I finally figured out what my problem was and nobody in the Sally stores I've gone to have had a clue about about this. My hair is on protein overload!!!!

I looked at all the products I had purchased there and every single one except a hair oil had some form of protein. But here's the catch...they are not always called "proteins" on the label...sometimes silk amino acids, sometimes wheat protein, hydrolized keratin...lots of different names for proteins!!!

To top it off, when I realized my hair was on protein overload I went in to a Sally's (before I knew there were a ton of names for proteins) and the employee said...here, this doesn't have any proteins in it...you'll be ok. I got home, read the label and it had silk amino acids...proteins!! It would have caused MORE damage.

If I had not figured this out myself I would have had all my hair break off. 3 days now with a no protein regimen and conditioning like crazy and my hair is already coming back but it is going to take a while.

My advice...don't listen to the employees there about what is good and what is not. A few might know but most seem like they don't know what they are doing and aren't qualified to give advice on the products.

Also...read the labels and know what you are using. Even some hairsprays have protein...it seems like the new buzz word! Look up what some of the ingredients are and what they do and can do...good and bad.

For me, I am now using baby shampoo, a conditioner without protein, using a few drops of olive oil as a moisturizer, etc....minimal products. That used to work for me before and I'm going back to simple is better!

To Sallys - please train your employees better!

Read

Wow. Its not professional beauty supplies.

They ARE NOT Cosmetologists. Why blame the store clerks when clearly you were going there for two years. It's not that easy as you think. Maybe if you went to school you would know exactly what needs to go into your hair treatment.

AHHHH I know, go to a professional! Outsider looking in....

So it took you TWO YEARS to figure out that the products you were purchasing from Sally were damaging your hair? If you think that the Sally employees were giving you bad advice or not properly trained why did you keep asking for their recommendations? Sorry to say but sometimes the customer has to take responsibility!

@Anonymous

Another one of your rude comments! Your answer to a good paying customer’s problem is to result to being rude!!

So classy!! Get your Self trained!

You get paid to advise people on your products! Shame on you!!!

Bad quality
Review #1210429 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1210429.

Other Company - Hair falling out after using this item

My hair started falling out after using one of your perms. Im very very pissed out. I put the perm in a let it sit for 5 mins as i started working in the perm i seen clumps of hair coming out i washed my hair out nd just kept seeing more and more now i have a bald spots thoughout my hair

Damaged or defective
Review #1068468 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1068468.