4.9

Buds Gun Shop - Honest and Trustworthy

I have been dealing with Buds for years and have never been disappointed! I've purchased 4 handguns and ammunition over time and always received my merchandise promptly and as described. I have returned one handgun for repair and it was done in short order and returned.

CommonUmbrellabird561
Fast order processing
Review #1457728 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Resolved
3.0

Resolved: Cabelas "Factory-Blemished" Handguns Are USED Handguns

Update by user Jun 09, 2018

The GM emailed offering to take back the firearm for a full refund. Did so.

Update by user Jun 09, 2018

UPDATE: Within four days of posting the initial review, I received the following email: Mr. Miskell – I have received transcripts from a conversation that you had with our customer service line regarding your recent purchase of a firearm from our Gun Library.

The firearm in question was sold as a used firearm and per policy is not returnable. It appears that you feel Cabela’s engaged in some type of misrepresentation of the firearm that you inspected prior to taking ownership, so if you feel the firearm is not what it was advertised or promoted as then please bring it in for a refund. The gun library team has been notified to offer a full refund for the purchase price. Please bring your purchase receipt and identification along with the firearm and we will process your refund.

Blair H. Hughes General Manager Cabela’s of Chesterfield 45959 Towne Ctr. Blvd. Chesterfield, Michigan 48047 We took them up on their "kind" offer of a full refund.

I responded to Mr. Hughes: Mr. Hughes, We took you up on your offer of a full refund - thanks. Attached is the photo we took of the gun before purchase.

Does that label say "NEW"? William Miskell Unhappy Former Customer of Cabela’s As of 6/9/2018, I've heard nothing further from Cabela's.

Original review posted by user May 10, 2018

Cabelas in Chesterfield, Michigan, sells "factory blemished" S&W handguns stating they are new and merely have a maybe-detectable cosmetic blemish. The "factory-blemished" S&W Victory I took home and started to clean has had a LOT of rounds through it. After discovering this, I tried to return it. They stood firmly on their sales receipt that says it's a used gun, no returns or refunds. GOT ME!

It may have been a mistake on the salesman's part, not knowing they are used guns, BUT they refused to correct it.

I called Smith and Wesson who confirmed they do sell "used" guns through Cabelas - not "factory-blemished," which leaves the factory-blemished label cooked up by Cabelas.

I chatted online with Cabelas Corporate who said they would forward a transcript of the chat to the Chesterfield store. No response.

Read

It was very snotty when they responded by saying 'the firearm YOU INSPECTED prior to taking ownership'. Nobody would expect factory blemish to be a used gun.

@just noticing

Exactly. Thank you. And no one disassembles a gun when purchasing.

SqueakyServal
I didn’t like
Being misled by salesman and labeling
Not as described
Full refund
Review #1252521 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cabelas - No quality control

They sold me a new handgun with a deep gouge in the slide and some scratches. Now I gave to go back and return it or live with it because they didn't inspect it first.

The line at the counter is long and the employees rude and short tempered ***. I will never buy from again.

Damaged or defective
Review #1109098 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1109098.

Buds Gun Shop - Buds sucks

Paid a week ago still Haden's shipped customer service is a joke by from cheaper than dirt this is the 12 th gun from buds guns and it has never been good either defective guns or poor shipping and customer service I won't buy another thing from them

Bad quality
Review #1056454 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1056454.
2.5

Airsoft Megastore - Stay FAR away from these people

Received defective product on Thursday. Friday, contacted them via phone, only after 21 minutes.

Tech told me what was wrong, advised me to squirt oil in gearbox. Purchased oil, followed instructions. Item does the same thing all weekend long, no change. Called following Monday...3 times now,no answer.

Used "chat", after 16 minutes, Jennifer said tech will call me. 3 days later- crickets. Called back, same old no answer the phone...used chat, after 11 minutes Careena responds...17 minutes later on chat...told me someone will call...end of chat. Called my bank, put stop payment on item.

Researched them, BBB has an "F" rating with 59 complaints, the bulk unresolved. I should have researched them first.

I didn’t like
Phones not answered
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #1036426 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1036426.
1.9

Buds Gun Shop - Gun Review

Buds says buying a gun oniine is easy 123. But after that gun leaves Buds for their preferred FFL dealer that take no responsibility for anything.

My gun is sitting at an FFL dealer waiting to be log in, ok. It arrived at 10:30 and they comfirmed they had it but said they wont release it until late afternoon or the next day. I understand that you log guns in and there might be a 100 or more but it seems to me if the customer knows its there they could tell the customer to come in and pick it up and they could log it in at that time in the interest of customer service and good business. But ive come to realize that after Buds has your money they could care less.

No where on their preferred FFL list did i see that its possible that an FFL dealer can take up to 24hrs to log a gun in. Kind of negates the guaranteed 2 day shipping doesnt it. 2 days shipping but tgat doesnt include processing at Buds or FFL. This is the sixth and last gun ill purchase from Buds.

Now I see why the gun shows are so appealing. Im relatively new to guns but im starting to catch on.

And by the way for thosr of you wondering the FFL dealer is Grabagun. And i was schooled when i read their reviews.

Order processing issue
Review #1029706 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1029706.
1.5

Buds Gun Shop - GARBAGE GUNS AND DECEPTIVE SERVICE!

“I have ordered a few firearms from these people mostly because of the attractiveness of the price and the fast shipping BUT I have had issues with all the guns I received or ordered. DO NOT ORDER FROM BUDS GUN SHOP!

YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED! THE GUNS ARE DISCOUNTED FOR A REASON MAN! THINK ABOUT IT??? The first gun I ordered was a brand new small revolver.

I found out a few weeks later that the frame was damaged underneath the grip. Upon receiving a NEW gun I shouldnt have to dismantle the whole to small pieces and inspect everything to find out something is wrong with it. BUT maybe I need to when receiving a supposed NEW gun from these people? The next gun I ordered was a Mossberg shotgun and I did it over the phone with there customer service rep instead of buying it through the online service.

I noticed the service rep ordered the wrong shotgun for me and before it was sent to me I called them and had the order cancelled. When I wanted my money back they charged me a lot of money on what they called a restocking fee even though it was the customer rep that messed up the order. The third gun and last gun I WILL EVER ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE was a NEW gun once again. It was supposed to be the ELITE version best of the best quality gun that I payed a lot of money for BUT the one I received would be best described as something you dig up from the bottom of the Titanic!!

I new something was up when it came wrapped in a sandwich bag and I tried to refuse the gun with my FFL dealer and he said he does not do returns so I HAD to take it home for further inspection. The gun came wrapped in a sandwich bag and looked like it was tossed in a rock crusher before it got to me. It was also VERY dirty and greasy which hid all the gouges and scratches in the thing before I could clean and wipe the gun down. It took a lot of cleaning to do an inspection of a gun that should have only had two bullets at most ran threw the thing when tested at the factory.

I took it back to my FFL dealer but nothing was done. So after lots of emails and calling Buds Guns Shop they refuse to do anything for me because I took the gun home with me. Not only did my FFL dealer do me a great disservice but also Buds Gun Shop people act like its something amusing to them that I had such an expensive NEW gun sent to me that looks worse than chewed bubble gum. They gave me the too bad so sad speel and laughed about the problem.

I seriously doubt these guns came out of the factory as NEW guns ready to be bought. They seem like factory discount defect guns that they got on the cheap or something. I can only speculate. The bottom line here is I got screwed by the middle man!

Its hard to get good honest service these days. Im glad to know I will not be using any of the above mentioned people ever again!

If you like being lied to with third rate hand me down discount garbage and totally love being ripped off of your hard earned money than by all means use THESE PEOPLE. ”

Read

Was excited to buy my sons new .22 rifles.

Liked the fact that buds advertised 3-7 day delivery would ensure the guns arrived in time frame for big camp trip, wrong.

Well it's been 12 days, two phone calls from me, nothing has shipped yet, so basically even if they ship next few days I'm looking at little under 3 wks minimum on delivery from order date..

What a complete waste of my $ & time!!

My first & last buds order!

dandyrandy1
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1014674 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Buds Gun Shop - Never Again

Second purchase with Buds. First time was a great experience.

Second, not so much. Purchased another gun in December and it came with a burned out front night sight. After several emails with no response whatsoever decided to call manufacturer who sent me a shipping label to return the gun so they could cover under warrantee. Maybe I should have done a better job at inspecting the gun before leaving FFL but they could have at least acknowledged my emails asking about it.

I would have been ok if they said that they couldn't help me and to go with the manufacturer but instead, I was totally ignored after spending my money with them. No return emails at all. Also before ordering the gun, I contacted BUDS through their website email system with a question and received a smart@ss response from one of their employees..

Sometimes you need to speak to someone and I was not able to find a phone number for their customer service anywhere. Not doing business with them again.

Duluth, Minnesota, United States #1266820

Dude. You said it yourself.

Inspect it better next time, or know to go right to manufacturer. I like my guns cheap, customer service over pointless issues costs money.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #984535 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer984535.
1.1

Airsoft Megastore - Gun Review

I contacted them about a laggy trigger and trigger response of a brand new gun on Sunday night. Yes they were not open but to my consent I think they were open Monday.

It took them till Wednesday of this week to respond and their response was three options 1. Repair or replacement 2. Credit back on card minus 25% restock fee and a fee to ship back 3. Store credit minus 25% restock fee and a fee to ship back.

None of those are within what I want. I should not have to pay a restock fee for a gun with a problem. And I should not have to pay full price for a gun that has to be repaired when I merely test shot the gun (might I note this gun was my main Christmas gift). You have to pull the trigger so hard for the gun to shoot and IF it shoots it lags extremely bad.

I had confidence when ordering because my brother bought about the same gun and performs very nicely. But mines a turd. On top of it all plastered all over the website is "110% customer satisfaction guaranteed" which is BS I will NEVER EVER buy from them again. Customer service sucks.

And they promised me a phone call yesterday been over 24 hours and yet still no phone call. I have called them every day since Monday and have yet to have someone answer. The one response I got said that they have switched owners and have little customer service staff. Look I get it.

But guess what that's not my problem. That's yours. Get your *** together and do what you say you are going to do. That doesn't mean you leave your customers high and dry.

I will be telling all of my frequent airsoft friends and will be writing many reviews on everything I can to warn people about the TERRIBLE UNACCEPTABLE customer service. Once again DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Poor customer service
Review #982188 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer982188.

Gun Review

Bought an ak74 that they tagged ak47, completely different guns, then when I asked if they had 5.45x39 ammo and the dude didn't even know what that was. Some people in the firearm industry absolutely amaze me how much they don't know. I don't care if you are a "ar" guy, learn about different guns if your gonna work in that industry.

Order processing issue
Review #971120 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer971120.