Greg Eveslage *** discrimates against a crippled Veteran
I have a horror story here.
Landlord is referring to Gregory Eveslage in this document.
Rented Address was 10144 Morning light Dr., Avon IN. 46123.
Landlord address Gregory Eveslage 5205 Clover Ridge Dr.,Greenville, IN.
It takes a crippled,sick,disabled person a long time to find a good place to
live and move....even with Gods help and the help of the churches!
After becoming aware I was sick and disabled (Greg Eveslage)landlord
gave me a mandatory notice to vacate and would not talk or negotiate with
me about continuing to lease the house per disability laws..just get out! He
visited several times to harass me that I was moving out even on last day
that I paid for he wanted me out with ill intent!The house went up for rent
after I was forced out as he was looking for another victim.
Landlord also has refused to return deposit on move out even after I
explained my need for the deposit to find another place to live! To this date
no answer to emails for deposit and deposit has yet to be refunded after
leaving house better than received 5 years ago.
To make things worse I was not allowed any reasonable accommodation of
time to find a new place to live or any reasonable accommodation since I
was disabled and had family issues even after making him aware of family
deaths and disabilities and sickness.
This landlord is the most disgraceful money hungry person I have ever met
that would not take care of his duties to fix emergency services at the
house. All rent was always paid on time or early for 5 years and
commented on my keeping the place very clean and tidy and looking after
Indiana law states all rental properties have to be in in good working order
and clean and sanitary at all times....no excuse.
Landlord never addressed bugs,foundation issues,water leaks ,hot water
clogged, lack of Hvac ducting for cooling and heating and many other
Landlord stated I should be happy I have a place to live! This landlord must
be fined and banned from renting any of his properties in Indiana,Florida or
In addition my privacy was invaded constantly from landlord with no notice
intrusion to the property I paid top dollar for even when sick and sleeping.
After telling landlord I was sick and on bed-rest and disabled he still
constantly invaded privacy and harassed me when I could not even walk
from health issues.
There should be no penalty severe enough for greedy nasty people who
discriminate against poor disabled,crippled,sick veterans and
discrimination period. Bad greedy landlords should be banned for life and
serve prison time for treating tenants like slaves and abusing them... like I
experienced for 5 years.
I asked many times for the hot water and water leaks and the AC/Heat
system and bug infestation to be addressed.
Over 1 month for washer to get replaced..replacement was a cheap 1 speed
washer that destroys most laundry and sheets.
Heating/Cooling problems in bedrooms because of lack of duct work never
No mailbox for a year
Did not disclose crime and crack heads smoking crack in neighborhood.
5days for refrigerator to be replaced because landlord searched for cheap
used one first and I lost $200.00 in food.
4years for clogged AC to be fixed.
2years for water leak to get temporary repaired....still leaked.
3 times hot water pipes were stopped up and cheapest temporary fix was
done each time after waiting up to a year and over a year in these cases for
repair which I had to be available.
The severe Bug infestation from cracks in faulty foundation never got
addressed in 5 years after landlord acknowledged it many times. Landlord
stated extermination is never going to happen...
These were bugs that came in all around the house and carpets not
roaches from a very clean house.
These bugs got in my clothes,closets,curtains and crawled on my bed.
Landlord must return all monies and along with fines and penalties for
severe blatant violations of many fair housing laws.
Below are Laws that were broken.
Sec. 5. A landlord shall do the following:
(1) Deliver the rental premises to a tenant in compliance with the rental
agreement, and in a safe, clean, and habitable condition.
(2) Comply with all health and housing codes applicable to the rental
(3) Make all reasonable efforts to keep common areas of a rental premises
in a clean and proper condition.
(4) Provide and maintain the following items in a rental premises in good
and safe working condition, if provided on the premises at the time the
rental agreement is entered into:
(A) Electrical systems.
(B) Plumbing systems sufficient to accommodate a reasonable supply of
hot and cold running water at all times.
(C) Sanitary systems.
(D) Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. A heating system
must be sufficient to adequately supply heat at all times.
(E) Elevators, if provided.
(F) Appliances supplied as an inducement to the rental agreement.
42 USC § 3604 - Discrimination in the sale or rental of housing and other
prohibited practices clearly states that accommodation regardless of
contract has to be given to disabled persons per federal law. See below;
(a) To refuse to sell or rent after the making of a bona fide offer, or to
refuse to negotiate for the sale or rental of, or otherwise make unavailable
or deny, a dwelling to any person because of race, color, religion, sex,
familial status, or national origin.
(b) To discriminate against any person in the terms, conditions, or
privileges of sale or rental of a dwelling, or in the provision of services or
facilities in connection therewith, because of race, color, religion, sex,
familial status, or national origin.
(1) To discriminate in the sale or rental, or to otherwise make unavailable
or deny, a dwelling to any buyer or renter because of a handicap
(A) that buyer or renter, 
(B) a person residing in or intending to reside in that dwelling after it is so
sold, rented, or made available; or
(C) any person associated with that buyer or renter.
After keep place spotless with no wear and paying all rent on time I was
forced to leave my home. Landlord gave no excuse nor, had any reason to
force me to leave. This is a direct violation of civil rights and housing laws
for disabled persons and disabled veterans!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sanitary Conditions
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "bonjour je vous fais parvenir se message pour vous informez du mauvais fonctionnement des 4 ampoules commander avec le même défaut car j'ai du en plus perdre du temps a..."
- " Open Letter to Tom Roddy Normandin: Over the years I have been a participant in owning my own business and being the proud husband of a professional wife, with two sons,..."
- "Sundance Vacations works hard at covering up the truth about what they are giving to people. In the sales presentation, they'll show you pictures of luxurious nice vacation spots. They'll..."
- "So, I 'blindly" had accepted their offer for a job prior to doing the research on them, which I NOW KNOW was a mistake!!I'd went in for my 1st interview,..."
- "I have been a Netspend customer since 2009 when I began receiving Social Security. Netspend declares terms & conditions that ONLY apply to the customer - they do not..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "if this is how walmart ships items i will no longer buy from them and on top of it I was told since the items that I purchased were from..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."