Ripped off by El Torito

Ripped off by El Torito

Beware of buying a gift card from El Torito (or any other restaurant that is part of Xperience Restaurant

Group, such as Chevy’s, etc.). Several months ago I bought a $100 gift card from the El Torito Grill in

Irvine, CA.

After using the card one time the card should have had a balance of just under $50. I was

planning to use the card again in June but the balance on the card was showing as zero. I talked to the

Manager of the El Torito Grill in Irvine and he checked and found the card was completely cleared out

with a purchase in May at the El Torito in Lakewood, CA. But there are 2 problems with this.

First, the

card has been in my possession the entire time since the card was created. Second, I have never been

to the Lakewood, CA El Torito in my entire life! Someone was able to completely clear out the balance

on my card without having access to the physical gift card itself. Possibly an inside job by someone with

access to their system?

I have repeatedly tried to get my money back for this obviously fraudulent

charge by contacting the El Torito Grill in Irvine, CA (contacted multiple times), the El Torito in

Lakewood, CA (contacted multiple times) and even by contacting the Xperience Restaurant Group that

owns both these restaurant chains (contacted multiple times).

No one will take any action whatsoever

to refund me for this obviously fraudulent charge. If you buy a gift card from any of the restaurants

owned by Xperience Restaurant Group, beware you could be ripped off like I was and no one at the

restaurant or at the home office will refund your money.

Not as described/ advertised
Review #1592889 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Burgess Seed And Plant Company - Stole my money. Refuse to refund. No gift card.

Purchased a gift card. They were paid by my credit card company within 24 hours, 6 days later, they claim my card was denied.

They deleted all records of my transaction (isn't that convenient?!?), refuse to accept proof that I've sent by email and fax. Demand paper copies including my credit card statement (!!!). I will send all of the proof I need, but I don't expect to ever see my money again.

I complained to BBB, and am contesting the charge with my CC company. Bastards.

Gift Card
Cons
Fraud
Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1587025 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cardcash - Worst savings ever!!

I bought a gift card to make it a purchase but never received it so I bought my item with a regular credit card and tried to cancel the previous gift card purchase, but they say it was not possible and lied about have sent it. So I has to pay twice for my purchase! Worst savings ever and really bad customer service!

Gift Card
Pros
Possibility of saving money
Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1582380 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Blackhawk Network - CHECK gift card balance they will steal from you

I made a mistake and checked my visa balance through these crooks and was robbed 239.00. I filed a claim but not sure if I will get my money back. Please do not check balance through BLACHAWK VISA BALANCE

Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1565945 is a subjective opinion of poster.

InComm - Cant redeem a gift card

I bought ticket at the gas station and I scratch it off but I can’t see the first number

Bunnell, Florida
Damaged or defective
Review #1543899 is a subjective opinion of poster.

InComm - Problems with gift cards

I scratched the back of the card. The numbers and letters in front of the code are smudged. I just wanted to know if there was a way to get them.

Damaged or defective
Review #1523694 is a subjective opinion of poster.

La Madeleine - Good experience

4.7

Not able to contact the coporate office but my local La Madeline stepped in and replace my $50 gift cards with new ones

Gift Card
Review #1522853 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1522853.

Cardcash - USE THE CARDS YOU BUY BEFORE 45 DAYS ARE UP!!!

2.9

USE THE CARDS YOU BUY BEFORE 45 DAYS ARE UP!!! I did not do this, foolishly I forgot about the 45 days.

Now 3 gift cards I purchased for Christmas for family members are no good. I am out over $130.

The gift cards are invalid, no money value on them at all. I think that people are selling the cards to CardCash, then waiting until the 46th day and then using them so that we end up with nothing on our cards and no back up warranty from CardCash.

Gift Card
Pros
Getting the gift cards for a reduced amount
Cons
That the warranty on the balance of the cards is only 45 days
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Review #1519876 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Resolved

Resolved: Romanos Macaroni Grill - Gift cards invent fraud

Update by user May 13

They're now issuing gift cards with a "security code" (i.e. the small random number to validate the gift card number). They "made me whole" for my loss (I wanted something more for my trouble) I found I could find "gift cards with balance" with my old gift cards by just searching around the number...(then I could fraudulently use them in restaurants).

Original review posted by user Apr 15

They use consecutive numbers and they don't use security information (pins) on gift cards.

I bought some gift cards end of 2017 -- they were used by others in a few months....(they were egift cards).

They reissued me the gift cards in April -- physical gift cards (I figured physical was more secure than email gift cards). I was wrong -- I went to a macaronni grill tonight and they had 0 balance (used by others than me).

I haven't been able to find anyone at Romanos in upper management -- the last time I went through customer service I had to send about 10 messages back and forth before I got something done).

They have a real problem.

Henrietta, New York
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1514749 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company Products and Services Reviews

Blackhawk Engagement Solutions - GIFT CARD

I received a gift card in the amount of approx. 580.00 as a rebate from the $3,000.00 of Behr paint I purchased at home depot in November because we were remodeling our house. I went to use it in February of this year and it was decline. I called today and they said it had expired, Because of California law gift cards do not have an expiration date.

When I final found their home office in Lewisville, TX my call went to an answer machine that didn't even say the company's name.

Very concerned that a company as big as Behr paint would deal with someone like this. I am going to contact Behr Paint and Home Depot as they are the ones that offered this. I question the respect of this busy.

Don Young

Problems with payment
Full refund
Review #1506705 is a subjective opinion of poster.