Rentcafe - Work request

1.3

I place a work order for my thrash disposal to be fixed. Is being a week nothing doned.

I contacted the office and they reply I'm on the list for service

How long I'm expecting to wait. Thank you.

Order processing issue
Review #1355730 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - Horrible

My garbage disposal was replaced & coneted by AHS a few months ago. Today the whole damn pipe fell off & dishwater went everywhere.

TRYING to TALK to someone at AHS is terrible.

Wait time to talk to anyone was over 1 HOUR!! Unbelievable!

Bad quality
Review #1154741 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1154741.

American Home Shield - Garbage disposal

I contacted American home shield needing my garbage disposal repaired, a contractor came out checked the disposal and said the switch was not working needed an electrician he could not do anything. Its been a week now and still no electrician.

I've made many calls to American home shield and always told someone would get back with me to get this resolved, as of today nothing. I have to sit on hold approx. 30-35 min each time I call to get the same response.

They want their payment each month on time which is taken directly from my bank account, but take their time on taking care of you. I am so over American home shield time to make a change.

Garbage Disposal Repair
Cons
You dont deliver what you promise and no one follows up
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
I want the electrician to come to my home and correct the issue asap!!
Review #1112480 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1112480.

American Home Shield - Repair of Garbage Disposer

Update by user Mar 28, 2017

Preferred solution: copayment for replacement of garbage disposer constantly breaking down and in need of replacement.

Update by user Mar 28, 2017

I would be happy if instead of repairing something broken that AHS might agree to me buying the new garbage disposer and possibly a co-payment towards swapping over for a new one. When I signed up with AHS three years ago I was told if something needed replacing this would not be an issue.

Original review posted by user Mar 25, 2017

American Home Shield (AHS) is a scam. I've had a contract with them for 3 years now and wondering if I should continue.

They keep wanting to repair our very old garbage disposer. It is a badger 1. They repaired it twice in 2016 for a service call out fee of $75.00 per time. That's a total of $150 for an item that costs $72 at Home Depot.

I rang AHS and said the garbage disposer is not working again and it is not worth getting the old one repaired as it has now cost $150 for call-outs. I need a new one installed. I asked if I bought the new garbage disposer could they help me get a contractor to install it. They said no they will not help.

They only repair things.

Shouldn't a company that repairs something guarantee it will not break again so quickly? This is not right.

Poor customer service
Loss
Review #1025659 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1025659.
Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

Choice Home Warranty - Disgruntled serviceman

To find more information about garbage disposal coverage online please go to www.choicehomewarranty.com or contact our consumer advocates at 732-243-5964 with any questions.
Poor customer service
Loss
Review #339911 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer339911.

Called for service on my garbage disposal. After several calls and days, was given a Ser.

# and person to call. Service person kept telling me he needed them to supply a WO#. Choice informed me that he had one! Three days later, 4/6/12 at 9:30pm the service man and helper showed at my home, removed disposer and informed me that he was having trouble getting his money from Choice, BUT he took my disposer and said he would call!

Contacted Service person 4/23 and he said he would call me back, no call.

Called Choice 4/23 at 1:00pm, said they would call me back, NO CALL. As of this date, 4/24 I have no disposer