American Furniture Warehouse - Living Room waste of time

1.9

So we traveled 350 miles to the closest location and shopped for living room furniture. This was not on just a whim.

We had built a new home and was looking for new furniture. We had shopped several stores around the area and decided to expand our search. Word of mouth indicated they were a reputable company. The good news is we were in the local delivery area, so no cost for delivery.

We completed a custom order and waited about 8 weeks for delivery which seems standard. Up to this point, all was good. Once the furniture arrived it had low to moderate use as it is only my wife and I at home. Within about 9 months, all the seat cushions and back cushions lost their shape and became uncomfortable to sit on.

We contacted the warranty dept and at first they seemed to want to help. But after that initial contact, we played email tag, and at their request sent photos of the furniture THREE TIMES. We never have heard back from them and my only guess is that they were waiting for the 1 year warranty to expire.

At this point I am convinced they do NOT care about customer satisfaction and promote the "Buyer Beware" philosophy. Hopefully others will read this review before shopping.

Erie-Frederick, Colorado
Furniture Set
Review #1584809 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1584809.

Pier 1 Imports - BAD QUALITY!!! Beware!!!

Bought over $1,500.00 in patio furniture... ALL fell apart in 1 Year on covered patio!!

DO NOT BUY from HERE!

Store and corporate will NOT stand behind their products... blames customers!

Bad quality
Review #1574099 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1574099.

Aarons - Broken/wrong items delivered

1.3

I bought a bedroom set which was supposed to be new, but they delivered a pre-owned set which was also broken. I also got the wrong mattress from what i had ordered only to learn later that they didn't have what i had bought in queen size.

I told them to get me a new set and to pick up the mattress which i refused to pay for. The manager for the location came to pick up thr mattress but when i made a comment about how quick he is to comr get his stuff versus how long it took them to deliver of even resolve ghe bedset problem, he claimed that he is being threatened. He even ended up leaving the building that he wasn't feeling safe. I felt like i was being treated like a begger than a paying customer, so I ended up giving him everything including the bedset coz i really don't want anything to do with this company.

. I'm a 5 foot female. I'm still wondering how threatening I can be.

The issue with money hasn't been resolved yet. I would never encourage anybody to buy anything from Aaron's unless they want a living nightmare.

LuckyDogCares
Aarons Verified Representative

Hi, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience.

Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks -Tavius P.S. Please include the reference number from your post and where you left your review.

Etobicoke, Toronto, Ontario
Not as described/ advertised
Review #1525642 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1525642.
1StopBedrooms's reply to:

1StopBedrooms - Furniture arrived damaged and incorrect pieces Oct. 2018. Still no resolution

Hi Jane,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. There is no charge to you to have damaged products fixed or replaced which is stated in our policy. We attempted to deliver the sectional that was configured upon checking out however I'm showing it was refused by the customer. We are in full possession of your sectional which was assembled by our white glove delivery carrier and was confirmed the set is identical to the one you purchased. Once again we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1511602 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

ORDER #8344818

• On 8/6/18 we ordered from 1Stop Bedrooms five pieces of furniture over the telephone (three pieces were to fit together to make a three piece couch and two pieces to make a two piece couch).• Credit card was billed the amount of $3,371.69• When the local delivery service brought the furniture on 10/04/18 the pieces were:1) Not the correct pieces to build the two couches (there was a duplicate of one end piece).2) Two pieces were damaged (we sent pictures of the gashes in the leather to your customer service email).3) The delivery company saw these issues and did not unbox an additional two pieces. At their initiation, the delivery company took all the pieces with them when they left our home. The delivery company was to inspect the furniture before they delivered.• On 10/5/19 we immediately began calling 1Stop to discuss cancelling the order. We had waited many weeks for delivery and had no interest in starting over with the process. We provided pictures of the gashes in the furniture fabric and explained pieces wouldn't make two couches. Several phone calls were made to 1Stop and reps promised to get back with us. They failed to return calls as promised; informed us that their policy was that they had to be allowed to remedy the problem; no remedy was ever received from 1Stop.• About mid December a deliver company brought some small packages from 1Stop to our house. They were a part and some fabric. Again, nothing had been communicated about a remedy and this would not remedy the incorrect pieces being sent. Nor could we remove and replace fabric ourselves even if that was the only issue. • We filed a dispute with our credit card company. After several weeks they said we must obtain a letter from another furniture company on company letterhead stating the furniture was not as promised.This is our understanding of the reason they removed the provisional refund to our card. It was not possible for us to get a letter from another company or a representative because we are not in possession of the furniture nor to we have access to it. • We do not have the furniture.

• No remedy/resolution was ever proposed.

We have the charge on our credit card and no furniture. My husband emailed with: JEFFREY G. ,Sales and Service Squad,1STOPBEDROOMS INC, and got a link to refund policy. When we wrote back with details he NEVER RESPONDED.

I appreciated finding Audrey L.'s email on this site and will contact her. We are desperate to talk with someone who can help us. We don't have the furniture and haven't been able to talk to anyone with the authority to resolve. The credit card interest is compounding. Thank you!

American Furniture Warehouse - Poor quality

1.8

We purchased a $3000 livingroom set and it started to tear at the seams within a year. We priced a bedroom suite with megafurniture and went with mega cuz they had real wood for the same price as the laminate at afw.

Phoenix, Arizona
Bad quality
Review #1506180 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lazada Malaysia - Bad experience

Order from Lazada site.Item tables and chairs for 2 set. When delivered only received tables without chairs. Contact seller said that only tables and no chairs.Feel like being cheated.

Order processing issue
Review #1500820 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - Furniture pictured as a bright red, but burgundy upon arrival.

I ordered this same set a couple years back about 3 or 4 years ago, I wanted to get another one as it was true red, I placed an order on March 11th and received the furniture today and I refused it because it wasn't as pictured on the website the furniture that I received was a deep burgundy color and called customer service to talk to them about the issue from the offset the person I talked to was rude and condescending insisting the furniture was red when its burgundy, the website describes it as a bright red, so in essence they want me to pay to have the furniture restocked my issue is why should I pay restocking fees when your website is misleading and the color show is not what I got. I' contacting an attorney as I refuse to pay these fees.

the manager was rude and talking all over me not letting me speak, this is a *** poor company and their customer service sucks.

DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY DONT CARE NOTHING ABOUT THE CUSTOMER WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT THEY CHANGED THE COLOR ON, SHE SAID THE ONE I GOT THIS TIME MAY'VE CAME FROM A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER, HOW IS THAT MY PROBLEM PUT THE CORRECT COLOR ON YOUR WEBSITE. PISSED.

Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1499748 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Leaders Casual Furniture - Experience with leaders furniture lakeland

I recently purchased a dining room set from leaders in Lakeland . I was very pleased with the customer service I received and the delivery was when promised and the delivery people set up my dining room and very courteous.

The staff at the store was very very helpful. Will recommend leaders to all my friends and family

On time delivery
Review #1496183 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1496183.

Pepperfry - Broken product very poor service

Bought 6 sitter dining table. One chair was broken one side and iy was shaking.

The table was shaking. Raised complain. Just they sent a carpenter who told it can not be repairable.

One month no ph call and then they are telling as it is used product nothing can be done.Very disappointing conversation with the customer care representative. Horrible experience all together.

Bad quality
Review #1469873 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Conns - My dad told me to avoid this store

2.9

I purchased a livingroom set from Conn’s in April of 2018. It was broke November 2018!

My daughter weight 121 pounds. She broke the sofa! The wood was very soft & continued to fall apart. I reported the issue & it was never fixed!

I had to go out to purchase a new sofa & loveseat! I was still making payments, but today, I decided to stop making payments on items that I had to trash! I know I will mess my credit up, but they didn’t replace my broken livingroom set. Someone had purchased the same set I purchased & had the same problem!

I would say be careful making a purchase from Conn’s!!! The name Conn’s fit them well!

Bad quality
Review #1452409 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1452409.