Walmart - Over pricing on produce without your knowledge

I sent to Walmart store at 1725 New Hope Church Rd, Raleigh North Carolina on Sunday October 22, 2017 around 10am. Green Grapes had a tag on the refrigerator box, the produce section with a price of $1.98 per pound.

At the register the first time I sent there it range up at $2.95 per pound. I found the assistant manager Demar there and showed him. He finally got the product assistant manager BJ to check it out. On his hand held scanner thing it rang as $1.98 (I assume they never showed me) but at the register this time it was $5.82 per pound.

I showed them and he tried to correct it but couldn't. There were other people there buying grapes and I said - be careful, these at $1.98 rang up at $2.95 per pound. Demar - the assistant manager said I shouldn't chase away his customers. I told him he shouldn't be stealing from them.

He said I can't chase away his customers. I said - how about I call the police for you stealing from people. He said it was correct so I grabbed my grapes to ring it up again and it was not.

I called over BJ the assistant produce manager and showed him the register screen showing $5.82 per pound for green grapes. Then I left.

Read

Lidl and Aldi is giving the Walmart's in this area some stiff competition. You'll find better prices on just about everything food at Lidl with better customer service than you find at a Walmart. Just remember these new stores don't have EVERYTHING that Walmart has, but you'll leave more satisfied and able to deal with the hucksters at Walmart a bit better.

h.kitchener

Walmart has had an ever-increasing problem with prices. Either there is no price to be found for items as the employees fail to label the shelves or an incorrect price will scan at the register.

If you really must shop at a Walmart, you need to verify each and every item scanned at the register. They like to scan your items fast and their screens are slow in showing the items scanned so you have to tell the cashier to slow way down in scanning. All in all, Walmart is really not a store to be trusted when it comes to prices.

It's called scamming a customer. Shop elsewhere if possible.

Product
Fresh Grapes
I didn’t like
Pricing and customer service, Being lied to or the condescending attitude of the manager
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Take pricing issues more seriously; managers need customer service training
Review #1118514 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1118514.

Publix - Bad Grapes

The produce people are now putting good-fresh grapes (red) on top of grapes that are wrinkled and soggy and offering them for sale. This is being done to move rotting produce.

It is a cheap practice and I thought Publix was beyond this sort of trickery. Guess not. I will be boycotting ALL Publix stores until further notice and telling everyone I know about the new practice to trick customers into getting rid of bad produce for them. This is terrible and could even make some people sick.

How can they get away with this in this day and age?

Bad bad! Shame shame.

Read
markknick_12
Product
Fresh Grapes
I liked
Friendly
I didn’t like
Produce people are putting goodgrapes on top of rotting
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1082833 is a subjective opinion of poster.