Instacart - Broken Eggs and Overpriced Murrays' Chicken

Used Instcart twice but there won't be a third time.

First order seemed to be no problem maybe because I didn't have the urge to check my receipt and compare prices. Not so 2nd time.

Ordered 2 Murrays's chickens both @ $2.79 per lb with one weight of 4.25 lbs and the other @ 3.16 lbs with a total of $20.68, YET Instacart debited my card $29.33 stating that the chicken I purchased was actually $4.19 per lb.

I also ordered 1 doz eggs and received some broken. Was willing to overlook the broken eggs until they took me for granted and became obstinate with pricing of the chicken.

I've been back and forth with them to have this rectified (if you allow them to get away with small things, their dishonesty will only get 'better and bigger').

The reply that really triggered this review was one stating "We are so sorry for the delay in getting back to you and we understand this request is from quite some time ago and may no longer be applicable." Really?

Well I sent them a final email and will now send a complaint to the BBB.

Furthermore I really became enraged with they debited my account earlier this week for $149. fee even after I told them I will NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN. So I got on the phone with them and had that credited back to the account. WICKED!

For anyone reading this review....Unless you are DYING, DO NOT 'EVER' USE INSTACART....NEVER, EVER USE INSTACART BECAUSE THEY WILL STEAL YOUR FEW COINS.

INSTACART IS A DISHONEST COMPANY! I'll stay with Trader Joe's

Shep!

Read

h.kitchener

First tip: never, ever allow anyone to take money from your account via a debit card or your authorization. As you found out, this could be dangerous. As for using a service like Instacart, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your grocery shopping habits or whatever else is inhibiting your ability to personally shop for food, etc.

@h.kitchener

Thanks for the advice h.kitchener.

FloppyAlligator
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1297239 is a subjective opinion of poster.