5.0

Floor And Decor - Bad looking floor

I purchased tile from you and you had Cross Island Flooring install it. My floor looks awful, there is grout all over the tiles.

They sent someone to clean it but because it had already dried here was nothing they could do, I can get no response from them and I am left with this terrible looking floor that cost me almost $2500.00 dollars. I would like someone to come and look at my floor and tell me what I can do to make it look right, or offer me a refund.

I have reported them to the BBB, but no one has contacted me, I just want someone to look at my floor and tell me they would accept it if it were them. Thank you BarbaraSantomassino

HandyRiverDolphin156
I liked
Price and product
I didn’t like
Who they sent to install my floor
poor installation
Full refund
Review #1279078 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Craigslist - Laminate flooring

February 23rd Friday I contacted this guy through Craigslist for him to install laminate flooring for me 4 days later he had a some areas was unfinished. Because of he came with other people he had to pay them I gave him the money.

Total of $800 he told me 3 days later which Thursday he will come finish the job.

Thursday came he never show up I call and I'll call and I call he never answered the phone I left a message to him never responded. His name is Brandon that's all I know he's phone number 803 579 2498 I do not want this guy to hurt other people this guy is wrong for the job it's going to cost me another $800 to repair all the mess that he created I am so devastated and hurt I need help please here's the pictures a places that he had unfinished

Read

That was your own fault. Never pay before a job is complete.

user49598719

call the police --- duh

surrenda_18
Bad quality
Review #1202584 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.2

Lumber Liquidators - Bad Installation

Lumber Liquidators Charleston, SC / Ray's Flooring of Augusta I have been waiting to write this review until I completed my second install of my floor. This time it was done correctly, I did it myself.

There is quite a bit more that goes with this story that I will get into momentarily. Bottom line is the professional installation from Lumber liquidators through Ray's Flooring is everything but. They had no care or concern of the quality of the work. They did not follow any of the installation directions out lined in the Lumber Liquidators flooring 101 guide.

The only excuse they had was "it was the end of the month". I will give credit to Lumber Liquidators for refunding my installation cost and giving store credit for all materials. Even this acclamation is tainted though, it took 5 months, and more than 30 hours of phone calls, endless emails along with loss work for Ray's Flooring not to show. Now for the full story.

In early June 2017 we purchased a bamboo floor and installation. This included 14 stair treads and 972 sq ft of flooring. Everything was ordered and installation was scheduled to be installed the last week of June. The flooring came in on time but no stair treads.

No one ordered them, no this was not a glitch in the system, they just 'forgot'. This was only caught because my wife asked for the date they were ordered, when she called for the fourth time to check on delivery. Fortunately the stair treads do not need two weeks to acclimate and were able to be rushed and installed on time. Now the real problems start.

On the day of installation a crew of two people showed. Things started good until they laid out the flooring. They set the entire room with a stair step pattern. This is clearly showed as what not to do in the flooring 101 guide, and cosmetically wrong.

When my wife questioned this layout pattern and ask for more randomness in the layout the only response she got was "I have been doing this for fifteen years, this is how it is done." This was unacceptable but also too late for my upstairs hall way. She put a call into the estimator who came out to look at the floor, while waiting the install crew waited. Upon arrival he spoke to the crew, they changed the layout from that point forward. The only problem was that the entire hallway was already nailed.

We were told there was nothing that could be done. Things seem to go a little better but that was not the case. The crew was not happy at this point and took their frustrations out on my floor. In between damaged boards, cracked edges, tiny filler pieces (some only a 1/2" long) and top nails it became a disaster.

During the installation my wife noticed that they were cutting the flooring inside (in the master bedroom). My wife immediately questioned this and again "This is how it is done". This created another problem, our AC filter clogged. This was discovered when we had an emergency HVAC service that cost us $200.

It is now several months later and I think we finally got most of the saw dust out.(still working on it) By this time you are probably say WOW, but it gets worse. The floor was completed in one day, which was a surprise to most professionals. This was due to the fact that every threshold was top nailed, the first 2-3 rows of flooring in every room were top nailed along with the last. Again there was no following the flooring 101 guide.

They did not drill and set a single nail, they only used the nail gun which broke the surface of the stranded bamboo. Day two: Today the supervisor of the crew who was not onsite the day before shows up to install the stairs. The first thing he says to my wife was "Your lucky I was not here yesterday, I would not have put your floor in". I was not home for this and was completely appalled by his statement, when I heard about it later.

The problem was by this point they had my wife so upset she did not know what to do. In hind sight we wish we would have thrown them out the first day. Onto the stair installation. The supervisor did a good job cutting and fitting each stair.

This was then ruined by top nailing in 4 place on each tread. Again, no drilling and setting the nails. He used a nail gun that broke the tops of each tread. Then used a putty filled rag, with the wrong color putty to try to cover the nails.

Finishing up they put in 1/4 round molding around all of the new flooring, each piece was 'precision cut' with a pair of tin snips. This was like the cherry topping of the professional installation. We were left with one full box of flooring, no other supplies were left over. Now the fun begins.

You may have noticed that up to this point it was my wife dealing with the installation. I was out of town but had thought a professional installation would be just that, professional. There were a few bumps but how bad could it be. I now know why OMG is capitalized.

In between all of the items outlined above and all of the gaps and damages they filled with putty. There were cracks down the edges of boards throughout the house. Again how to prevent these cracks to begin with is listed in the flooring 101 guide. I put a call into Lumber Liquidators right away to start a warranty claim.

They set up an appointment for Jon from Ray's flooring to come out. Again I was out of town and this fell onto my wife to take care of. She showed him the problems and did seem upset, he then spent most of his time outside on the phone. At this point he offered no solutions but did give the excuse "that it was the end of the month" and the crew was rushed.

He said they would need a third party inspection. Lumber Liquidators scheduled an inspector to come in this took several weeks. He said he could not share his finding directly with us but to contact out claim representative in 7-10 days, they would be able to give me a copy of the report. So I called a week later, and a week after that, and another.

Our claim was transferred to another representative at that point so now she had to start over. We got the report showing multiple installation related failures. He found more than 25 boards with damage, along with all of the stair treads. Also noting all of the thresholds and the entire first and last 2 rows in every room being top nailed incorrectly.

During the inspection no furniture was moved or area rugs lifted. Our new claim representative said it was back in the hands of Ray's Flooring, that they needed to determine what corrections were needed. Again after several weeks of back and forth calling Ray's flooring ordered all new treads, thresholds and 200 sq ft of flooring. They had the intentions of cutting out any damaged boards and replacing.

I requested someone to come out and review the repair work with me first. Again this took several calls, Jon was scheduled out. I took the day off of work for him not to show. After calling several times I got a call back making more excuses and rescheduling for the following week.

Again I take off of work and again a no show, this time it was weather related. I was done but allowed them to reschedule for Saturday so I would not lose any more work time. After going through all of the damage and showing Jon that more than 20% of the floor needed to be replaced they offered to redo the entire floor or that they would give me a refund. I was surprised when he said we do a lot of floors and giving you a refund would not bother us.

At this point I was really afraid that it would be more of the same, since he showed no sign of care or concern. I spoke to Jon later that day and it was agreed on that they refund the full installation cost, Lumber Liquidators would issue a store credit for the materials. Again after several weeks refunds were issued. I then started the process over.

There first thing I found was that in the original estimate they ordered enough nails to do three floors, about 80 square feet of flooring over the top of the 10% additional for the install. Along with 80 extra feet of quarter round. I question "Where did all of it go?" but that is no longer applicable because of the refund. Once again the stair treads did not get ordered right away.

After several calls and 2 weeks the order was placed. Unfortunately the wrong treads were ordered. I was able to return them because it was their mistake but I ended up getting raw treads and finishing them myself instead of waiting another two weeks. In the end I have installed the entire floor and a full set of stairs.

I followed the Lumber Liquidators flooring 101 guide and it looks great. Original floor installation was June 23rd and 24th, It is finally complete including trim on December 30th. Additional cost related a horrific installation amounts to $200 for the HVAC call, 4 lost work days for me, 30-40 hours spent on the phone and emails.

over $1000 dollars in new tools, but that is a bonus to me, my wife does not agree though. Wasting an entire week to install a floor that I wanted a professional to do for me!

Tags
  • Terrible Installation
Customer service reply time
Installation
Preferred solution
Good company contracting with bad istallers. Correct the problem, discontinue using Ray's flooring
Review #1159150 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1159150.
2.5

Congoleum - Duraceramic nosing

I just got my floor installed and having issues from the flooring company. First they come with some nosing that looked like it went threw a meteor shower as it was all scratched up and it had two big screw holes on the top of it so they would end up,screwing the nosing on then They want to install rubber linoleum nosing on my stairs, what does everyone else have on their stairs.

If possible can you post a picture.

I feel like what they are proposing is, cheep and ugly. I just spent 6000.00 on my floor and this is what they are proposing, I called Congoleum and they will not talk to me they say I have to talk to my flooring company

Michellepelletier
Reason of review
Can't find out about nosing
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1131629 is a subjective opinion of poster.
3.2

Lowes - Aweful Experience Flooring Installation

We chose Lowes to have our kitchen tile floor installed. The installer they contracted never called to schedule an install date.

Materials were delivered and still just sitting here. One week of chasing the installer and Lowes filled with excuses and promises. Finally someone called us after a week of chasing them. We cancelled the installation because of unreliable service.

There didn't seem to be any importance to our situation/experience from Lowes, as well. Lowes needs to be sure to contract better companies.

One month of our time wasted. Very disappointed in Lowes.

Read

They put 2 rolls of supposedly the same flooring in our kitchen.

Supposedly because they do not match.

One roll is somewhat darker than the other.

I won't use them again.

Poor customer service
Review #1129600 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1129600.
2.0

Lumber Liquidators - Horrible customer service/Inexperienced installers

My installers that were a third party installer of Lumber Liquidators were very inexperinced and did an very poor job on my transitions. They used t-moldings instead of the craftsmenship that involves cutting boards to another adjacent board.

The finished product looked horrible. Customer service from Lumberliquidators was even worse. My calls went ignored after leaving more than 8 messages. I would never use this company again.

Beware of "Steve" amd his installation crew in southeastern Michigan, since they are very inexperienced and do not believe in custom service along with Lumberliquidators themselves....I recommend going to a company that stands behind the product and installation, and believes in making the customer happy. This is not at all how Lumberliquidators operates.....Buyer beware.

Bad quality
Review #1119958 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1119958.
1.9

Sears - Displeased about response to installation damage

New canollium flooring installation resulting in damage to two doors that were removed improperly thar broke off hinges because they were reinstalled improperly. Sears denied claim saying doors were not properly cared for.

Cost me thirteen hundred dollars to replace plus home was in jepordy for fire and safety as it took two months to have new doors installed. Flooring was installed improperly waiting to have repaired by sears who don't intend to repair properly even though I have life time warranty on flooring

Bad quality
Review #1112869 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1112869.

Lowes - Lowe's Refused to Install LVT

I had Lowe's quote LVT in one room (currently has carpet) and two bathrooms (both have linoleum). Lowe's contractor came out, took measurements, went through the scope of work, and provided us with a quote.

SIX WEEKS later the product finally came in, the install was scheduled, installer showed up and within 10 minutes said the floor was not level. This is unacceptable. I paid for Lowe's to send out a qualified contractor, signed a contract, now Lowe's will not honor the contract. I have spoken to numerous Lowe's employees, trying to get resolution, and NO ONE returns my calls.

I have since contacted a contractor that I know personally, and he leveled my floor, took him approximately 2 hours. he said that he believes that Lowe's just did not want to do the work, that my floor was very level, just a little compound needed in a couple of areas. Lowe's still has my money, has not returned my call since my last message (3 weeks ago). I think it's the old bait and switch routine, I bought the product yet they refuse to install due to being held liable for the warranty.

Now I have no warranty, which is the reason why I contracted with Lowe's to begin with. I am not only extremely angry, but now more disappointed that Lowe's NEVER returned my calls, even after promising they would.

Unbelievably poor customer service. I'm wondering how many other people have encountered the same issue....class action lawsuit comes to mind.

asalazar5117
5252 Salem Ave, Trotwood, OH 45426, USA
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1105413 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Nebraska Furniture Mart - Poor Installation of Porcelain Floors and Custom baseboards and shoe mold

We purchased porcelain from NFM that looks like hand scraped hardwoods. Designer in the store was a great help.

Problem is she over-sold the quality of installation to us. Installers are NOT NFM employees. They are people hired by NFM who are not properly vetted and trained to deliver a quality installation. In most cases, NFM knows very little about the ability, or lack there-of, of the people they send to do the installation.

Never once during our install, did anyone from NFM come to our home to inspect the quality of the installation. It wasn't until the completion of our job, did a manager come to our home, upon our request. Grout is insufficient between the tiles and the installer and his 2 helpers took no pride in the quality of their work.

We are extremely disappointed after spending almost $7500.00 on this project. DO NOT have floors installed by NFM.

nfm.com
Nebraska Furniture Mart Verified Representative

Hello Sir/mam! I am sorry that the flooring you had installed in your home and the installation team did not meet your expectations.

We would be happy to look into this further for you and come to a resolution.

Can you please Live Chat, email https://www.nfm.com/customercare.aspx or contact us at 1-800-359-1200 ext. 69979 for Texas.

I liked
Helpfulness of store designer, Salesperson was friendly and helpful
Quality of installation, Product quality
Price reduction
Review #1065733 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1065733.

Was robbed by contractor sent by Thumbtack

Thumbtack recommended a company to install new flooring. During the install contractor broke new 55" tv.

He took tv to be repaired and never returned it or responded to our contact. We notified Thumbtack immediately and they were never able to make contact with contractor. They removed him from the list but never helped us out. Thumbtack has a guarantee to cover damage etc.

But Thumbtack did nothing to help us. We had all receipts and was looking for 20% of value as compensation.

Thumbtack did not honor guarantee and left us to suffer this financial loss. Sorry PROS I will not be using pros from thumbtack again

Read

What city did this happen in? I can help resolve this. Thanks

marianne2017
@Anonymous

Happened in Lincolnton NC

Thanks

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1327360

File suit against Thumbtack for the damages. Make sure they really do guarantee damage compensation, tho. A new 55" telly is worth the small court fee.

marianne2017
partial refund. $300
Review #1045836 is a subjective opinion of poster.