Selectspecs - Disappointed

I have used this company in the past and been delighted but this time definitely not. The first pair they sent never arrived.

The replacement had been sent from mainland China and took a long time. The glasses, when they arrived were OKish. But I wouldn't go through this again and can't recommend.

Even returns have to be sent back to China. Does a UK branch even exist?

Not as described
Review #1468967 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1468967.
4.0

Touch Of Modern - Item received today is defective

Received item ordered the inside of the glasses ordered are defective not clear lens. Have a sticker but that’s all. How do I return this item to either receive one that is not defective?

AbandonedSpiderMonkey749
Damaged or defective
Review #1457237 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

Target Optical - Worst warranty

Just learned, that my glasses cant be fixed and have to get new ones. Although i have the one year warranty, i still have to pay $ 50 for replacement glasses.

What is a warranty good for if you still have to pay? Next time i need new glasses, i will go to Walmart or order online.

SmoggyTarantula246
6931 FM 1960, Atascocita, TX 77346, USA
Warranty issue
Review #1397842 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Resolved

Resolved: Sams Club - Never again

Update by user Aug 24, 2018

No resolution. Sam's club never contacted us.

My wife gave up and decided to go elsewhere. The glasses are worthless.

Original review posted by user Jul 25, 2018

I want to preface my experience by saying that I was a master optician for over 30 years before retiring. I have a degree in ophthalmic technology.

My wife took her prescription into Sams Club in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

She has a very simple presbyopia RX which they couldn't possibly screw up. I was so wrong! The salesperson insisted she buy high index lenses which I knew she didn't need. I don't know why they pushed her into high index lenses but I'd bet they get a "spiff" for selling them.

I mentioned that some people have problems with high index lenses and questioned the need for them. She then gave an explanation that made NO sense at all. I then knew she had no idea that she what she was talking about. We should have just left at that point.

The glasses finally came and she couldn't see anything. They did some routine checking and decided that the bifocal was too low. So they remade them. The 2nd pair was worse.

Now the bifocal was too strong. I then questioned why they would just change the doctors RX without the doctor seeing her? It was decided to remake them again without using high index lenses. Now the 3rd pair is at the store.

Only problem is that the only person who knows anything is on vacation. The girl who was left in charge has only been there for 20 days and she won't take the responsibility of dispensing these glasses. We will just have to wait until she gets back. I also noticed that the progressive lenses had no factory markings.

I know from experience that there are manufacturers markings on all lenses. Not sure why these don't. Something strange.

They can't/won't tell you which type of lenses they actually are. We will try to pick up the new glasses next week but if they don't work we will be asking for our money back.

PunctualWhiteFacedCapuchin
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1312511 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.2

MyEyeDr - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! THEY DON'T STAND BY THEIR HIGH-END PRODUCTS! PROFIT POLICY OUTWEIGHS CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR MY EYE DR.

I have been buying glasses from them for more than 10 years since Bethesda location opened and in Chevy Chase before that. Since Dr.

Samit has exited business, customer service obviously has become less important than profit margins. This year I had spent $1500 with them already. My progressive frames broke, they replaced them under warranty. The same brand/model broke 4 months later.

I am very careful, always put them in a case. They told me that I used the warranty. Obviously a defective product.Finally they offered a 50% discount on a new pair. If I didn't get the same frames, then I would need new lenses too.

More $. The store manager Amanda told me she would seek approval from the District Manager for full replacement and reply in 48 hours. A week later, I had to call back to get the bad news.

Spend more $ with them? They lost a loyal customer.

ExhilaratedScallop584
Poor customer service
Loss
Full refund
Review #1308614 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Luxottica - Pissed customer

I ordered glasses at Lenscrafters at Park West at 9780 West Northern Avenue, Peoria, Az. on 6/27 2018.

Kristina, salesperson 44831, helped me and was very helpful and knowledgable. When I went to the store to pick them up on 7/3/2018, Lenscrafters had sent the wrong glasses! Diana, salesperson 498539, was very rude and not helpful at all! Diana accused me of perhaps choosing many frames and not knowing what I chose!

That was not true!! She was not helpful at all nor did she suggest that the store would make things right. I felt forced to choose a frame that I really did not like as well as my first choice. I returned to the store on 7/13/2018 to get the glasses.

I told them that I was going to wait until Kristina could help me. Kristina told me that it might be a 30 min. wait which I stated was fine. During that time, the manager nor the rude salesperson, Diana, did not acknowledge me nor speak to me.

Kristina immediately told me that she would rectify the mistake and I did not have to take glasses that I did not want. She was VERY helpful and sympathetic to me. She helped me choose a frame that I like. I would ONLY return to that store if Kristina was there to help me, if not, I do not plan to return to Lenscrafters.

The manager and Diana should not be in the store. Very cold, impersonal individuals!

WingedElephant800
Problem with delivery
replace manager and salesperson, Diana, 498537
Review #1305808 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Selectspecs - Bought daughter new spectacles and within 2 weeks have fell

The arm that fits over ear fell off

UnfortunateGoldenRetriever891
Bad quality
Review #1300571 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.2

Selectspecs - Shockingly crap

I cannot begin to stress how crap this company have been. Suffice to say the glasses finally came and I was baffled why they were giving me a headache.

Had them tested by a REGISTERED PRESCRIBER and the prescription was totally wrong. Random numbers, nothing like mine!! They don’t even have a REGISTERED PRESCRIBER!!! Ask them!

The customer service person Julie S sends random emails and answers no questions and you cannot actually speak to anyone. Takes them days to reply. They totally denied the wrong prescription-funny that I went to a very reputable opticians to have them tested.

I’m all for ordering glasses online for the sake of costs but this shitty level of customer service is a disgrace and so is this company. Go elsewhere-I’ve found eye wear brands and they check and check again your prescription and are super efficient.

Not as described
Review #1275844 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1275844.

MyEyeDr - 6 months

I went to my Eye Doctor on December 28th for my eye exam, went back the 1st week of January and pick out frames and ordered glasses. When they came back I couldn't see out of the prescription, they told me to try them for about 7 to 10 days to allow my eyes to focus properly.

After this I took them back and said they're not good, they remeasured and sent them back off. Came back no change, checked my prescription and said it was the way the glasses were made, went to another office with more frames and picked new frames. Mind you, I was a Certified Option Assist. so I know a few things.

Long story short 6 months and 11 return of my glasses and they are still not right. I will never use this Company again. They have change prescriptions, screwed up tints several times, and this last time when I opened the glasses case I didn't even have to try them on to see that they were not right again.

Despite the fact that that was obvious, the girl still wanted me to try them on to make sure. I'm done.

same thing to me

Not as described
Review #1267216 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1267216.

Frames Direct - Incredibly Shady Business

Ordered Oakley Prescription sunglasses. They "average" the prescription across the entire lens, meaning only one small area is actually the correct prescription.

I sent them back and asked to have them replaced - they refused, as it was "digital" grinding and nothing they could do. On top of that, they only refund 1/2 of the prescription cost. That's right - I am out $250, no glasses, nothing. Pam in the "returns department" is just outright rude and threatening.

Let's hope the BBB or State Attorney General catches up with them.

Order a product, it is wrong, they say they can't fix, then they keep almost half the cost of the item. Wow - might as well come into my home in the middle of the night and take cash from my wallet - has the same effect!

I didn’t like
Deceptive business practices
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1256524 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1256524.