Update by user Oct 09, 2012

10/9/12: ...still nothing, but now.....they don\'t know where the money went. WTF.

Update by user Oct 07, 2012

10/7 - so, I got a bill today for my next car payment. That means my over-payment wasn\'t applied and they are ready for another helping of my hard-earned money.

To make this even sweeter, I just got laid off of Friday the 5th....and um, I could really use my money back even more than I could last month...WHEN I STARTED THIS PROCESS!

This is just more $hit that I don\'t need ... Thank You Santander! Thank You for being a part of it.

Update by user Oct 06, 2012

....trying to be positive in this mess isn\'t working.... I can fake an *** but I can\'t fake this.

Update by user Oct 06, 2012

10/6....STILL....NOTHING. Funny how after I made the comment below about them closing out my complaint even though the issue is far from resolved.....the complaint is back open and here\'s what they have to say:

\"We are truly sorry that you have not received the level of service that our customers deserve. We have put a comprehensive plan in place to recognize and resolve issues such as yours. Our goal is to restore your confidence and retain you as a customer with Santander Consumer USA. We look forward to any and all feedback that will allow us to continually improve your customer service experience.\"

very sweet and oh so lovely...but that doesn\'t make it better and it didn\'t put my funds back in the bank...so ultimately, it doesn\'t mean Jack $hit.

Update by user Oct 05, 2012

GOD - nevermind...this is just too much work. I\'m going to get back to my original mindset of \"hope for the best\".

I\'ve allowed this process to anger me beyond belief and with that, they win.

I\'m sure I\'ll get my money back ... one day.

Update by user Oct 05, 2012

to add to it...while I wait for my money...STILL, one of the first things they did with my \"complaint\" was mark is as \"resolved\" in order to clear their name..

HOW DO YOU SAY IT\'S RESOLVED WHEN THE OTHER PARTY IS STILL AT A LOSS.

I\'d have better service at Walmart.

Update by user Oct 05, 2012

10/5: well, well, well...still no money and my next car payment is due in 10 days. That\'s nearly a month for them to resolve me issue.

I hope to GOD that someone from Santander with half a brain sees this cause...

1) I\'m getting a lawyer...and I got a *** good one in my pocket

2) I\'m going to light your sorry A$$es up on Social Media and even the news and expose your evil organization and it\'s practices.

I CAN\'T BELIEVE THAT IN A TIME LIKE THIS WHEN PEOPLE NEED MONEY THE MOST I HAVE TO BEG TO GET MINE BACK.

YOU MAKE ME SICK AND I\'M NOT SHOCKED THAT THIS DIDN\'T WORK OUT...I\'M DISAPPOINTED.

Update by user Oct 03, 2012

10/3: Rec\'d a call from ladies at the Offices of the President and was advised that my funds would be returned w/in a couple of days.

I will admit the ladies I worked with were very nice and helpful. Perhaps you should try and call them next time there are issues. The half-wits they hire for the phones are there to drive us to the point of just hanging up the phone and taking another one for the team.

I\'ll check back and post the news of the refund...and hopefully put out some good vibes ;)

Maybe it will start a chain-reaction of good things :)

If not...then everyone is gonna cry!

Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2012

My bank didn't cancel the bill pay and I ended up paying from two different accounts, giving Santander 800.00 in 4 days.

Think I can get it back - maybe after all of this:

I called 6 times to follow up on status of my extra payment to make sure that there would be atleast one payment applied to the acct before retracting the other.

After a week, I finally confirmed it had been posted and now I could fax my request and a copy of a bank print out showing the payment was made.

Ofcourse that means another call about 3 days later to see if they rec'd my request....shockingly, they had. The news was coupled with the request for me to send an "unaltered" bank printout showing them all the other charges that had nothing to do them or the issue at hand. I wasn't going to be told how much I had to disclose by some customer service twit.

I called the office of the president and was pleasantly surprised that someone was going to help me and avoid all the other uncessary movement. They put in the request on a Friday and I rec'd a call from them on the following Monday evening.

I called them back on Tuesday morning and they told me that they hadn't heard back from their accounting dept yet. I asked if we could just bypass the emails and make a call - THEY DON'T HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR THEIR OWN ACCOUNTING DEPTARMENT.

I AM NERVOUS ABOUT THE DAY I MAKE MY LAST PAYMENT - AFRAID THEY WILL ADD ON SOME MYSTERY CHARGES OR HAVE THEM NEVER TRANSFER OWNERSHIP.

It's so sad that I can't even trust the process of making payments to my lender.

Had an Experience with Other Company?

Comments